• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

I didn't even realize Hajek is listed at 6' 2". He plays like he's 5' 2".

Hopefully Nemeth has some marbles left. I watched him a little bit this past season, and he seemed pretty tough in front of the net....either that or I was watching through the bottom of the Kettle One bottle! :rofl:

Like every other player left over from the last couple years, I'd like to see what Gallant can get out of Hajek. He definitely doesn't look 6'.2 and his game looked to regress all around from when we first saw him and he was paired with Trouba. Some would suggest it could have been the Quinning. Others suggest there's no such thing..

Like every other player left over from the last couple years, I'd like to see what Gallant can get out of Hajek. He definitely doesn't look 6'.2 and his game looked to regress all around from when we first saw him and he was paired with Trouba. Some would suggest it could have been the Quinning. Others suggest there's no such thing..

Only thing I'm excited to get out of Hajek at this point is a draft pick. If Gallant can make Hajek an NHL defender, he's a true miracle worker and may in fact be able to turn the ice itself into 40 year old whiskey.

If Chytil can play the 3C spot on a line with Goodrow and Kreider, that may end up being a really good fit for him because of the mix of talent/grit.

I am curious too though, Dude man. I'm really dying to get this season going!

Folks who buy into this "Quinning" narrative are going to be really disappointed. Especially the folks who think Gallant will turn Trouba into Scott Stevens.

If I had to choose what's more realistic, Gallant magically making Hajek into an NHL regular, or seeing Reaves 13 minutes a night...Guess where my money is.

Folks who buy into this "Quinning" narrative are going to be really disappointed. Especially the folks who think Gallant will turn Trouba into Scott Stevens.

If I had to choose what's more realistic, Gallant magically making Hajek into an NHL regular, or seeing Reaves 13 minutes a night...Guess where my money is.

It’s going to be more of a team thing vs an individual player thing.

• Like 1

Only thing I'm excited to get out of Hajek at this point is a draft pick. If Gallant can make Hajek an NHL defender, he's a true miracle worker and may in fact be able to turn the ice itself into 40 year old whiskey.

I really don't think he's even THAT bad right now. I'm not thinking top pairing, but there's no reason he can't play a bottom 4 role. I have a hard time letting go of players that were considered the centerpiece of a big trade. I feel like Quinntried making him more of a stay at home type, when the guy wanted to carry the puck and take shots. Doing the ol' square peg/round hole. We never got to see the guy get put into a role that he was acquired as. Just kinda deemed not a top pairing guy on either side if the puck, so... fuck em..

I agree with whoever said I doubt he even wants to sign here. He can probably get an opportunity elsewhere.

I really don't think he's even THAT bad right now. I'm not thinking top pairing, but there's no reason he can't play a bottom 4 role. I have a hard time letting go of players that were considered the centerpiece of a big trade. I feel like Quinntried making him more of a stay at home type, when the guy wanted to carry the puck and take shots. Doing the ol' square peg/round hole. We never got to see the guy get put into a role that he was acquired as. Just kinda deemed not a top pairing guy on either side if the puck, so... fuck em..

I agree with whoever said I doubt he even wants to sign here. He can probably get an opportunity elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, they did put out Blackwell to start the next game against the caps... If that says anything about how the previous management felt.

Sure he will. He's ducked Reaves before
Has he though? He's handed Reaves his ass a good amount of times...

Here's the thing, Wilson is more valuable to Caps than Reaves is to Rangers because Wilson can actually play hockey. So Wilson will either duck Reaves or more than likely kick his ass.

Either way, one thing is for sure... Wilson isn't scared of Reaves.

Has he though? He's handed Reaves his ass a good amount of times...

Here's the thing, Wilson is more valuable to Caps than Reaves is to Rangers because Wilson can actually play hockey. So Wilson will either duck Reaves or more than likely kick his ass.

Either way, one thing is for sure... Wilson isn't scared of Reaves.

then Reaves can pick a different caps player to punch until it happens.

then Reaves can pick a different caps player to punch until it happens.

But... but needless stupid penalties are a thingwe don't like...

Any other team would do this. For some reason this organization is above this. Always been a team that only reacts to such things.

In rare cases, some fan favorites emerge as guys that take this initiative. It'd be great if Reaves would do this. I just don't see it happening as a Ranger.