• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

There's a part of me that believes this will be Kreider's biggest season. If we line up as we expect to, Kreider is going to be getting the most favorable defensive matchups he's probably ever seen, and he'll have two pretty big guys in Chytil and Goodrow with him.

That's a goddamn nightmare for defenses.

There's a part of me that believes this will be Kreider's biggest season. If we line up as we expect to, Kreider is going to be getting the most favorable defensive matchups he's probably ever seen, and he'll have two pretty big guys in Chytil and Goodrow with him.

That's a goddamn nightmare for defenses.

Think about that for a sec, G; that line would have speed to burn, skill, and 2 bulls in a china shop!!!

You know I'm not the biggest advocate of Chytil, but if you saddle him with those 2, it's like "Beauty and the 2 Beasts"!!! :rofl:

How the hell do you defend that line....better yet, how do you even get the puck from them???

Think about that for a sec, G; that line would have speed to burn, skill, and 2 bulls in a china shop!!!

You know I'm not the biggest advocate of Chytil, but if you saddle him with those 2, it's like "Beauty and the 2 Beasts"!!! :rofl:

How the hell do you defend that line....better yet, how do you even get the puck from them???

Yeah - it's kind of a pick your poison situation. I think that line has an average size of like 6'3, 210. Goodrow's actually the little guy on that line at 6'2 205. If they get going, you have to account for that, freeing up one of the top lines to do more damage.

I've been down on Chytil, and probably more than I should be; I mean, the guy had a legit, tough injury in a shortened season, and the season before was really not a "growing" year either. I'm most likely just riding the wave of seeing him play a more finesse game, which followed the trail of everyone else on the team last season, but if I can draw a line in the sand for Kreider, I can certainly entertain that for Chytil!

So the hell with it...

If the roster stays the way it is, I agree...I really think we'd be on to something with these 3!

I will say this too. This team was brutal... just effing brutal to watch at points last season. No heart and no drive. I think this will be a much more fun team in the sense that they will be competitive night in and night out with some of these signings.

If anyone says “night in and night out” ever again, i will shoot myself in the nuts

In terms of a starting lineup, I could see that, but at least utilize the cap space to take a 1 year bad cap hit from somewhere in exchange for an asset.

They're not going to do that, LOL. They want to make the playoffs.