• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Where did you see that reported? It makes no sense for him not to file without a contract done. I have to say this could be very concerning

Link:

--

Shesterkin is noticeably missing, and I believe today was the deadline to file if you intended to elect.

Link:

--

Shesterkin is noticeably missing, and I believe today was the deadline to file if you intended to elect.

hopefully that means it's close. Larry said something about 6+. Vince said between 5.5 and 6. Hopefully it's the ladder.

I think the moves we’ve made have been far from “sexy” like we’re used to. And on paper? Losing Buchnevich for what we’ve gained isn’t much of a win. But gaining muscle and provided Lafreniere and Kakko are able to take their next steps, the Rangers can be a scary good team this season.

I think the moves we’ve made have been far from “sexy” like we’re used to. And on paper? Losing Buchnevich for what we’ve gained isn’t much of a win. But gaining muscle and provided Lafreniere and Kakko are able to take their next steps, the Rangers can be a scary good team this season.

After reading a lot of the feedback about the trades and acquisitions I just think you can't really base a trade on "win or lose" all the time. I ask myself "did this trade fill a need, or make this team better?". If the answer is yes, then that's all we need to know.

I'll bet the Buch trade on paper left a lot of us saying, "That's it??"...I know I did! The signing of Goodrow/Reaves/Nemeth/Tin Man??

But in the grand scheme of things, did it fill a need? Did it make us better??

I think it definitely filled a need, and we'll see very soon if it made us a better team...I'm going to say it will....(but that's me and I'm chemically enhanced most of the time!!) :rofl:

After reading a lot of the feedback about the trades and acquisitions I just think you can't really base a trade on "win or lose" all the time. I ask myself "did this trade fill a need, or make this team better?". If the answer is yes, then that's all we need to know.

I'll bet the Buch trade on paper left a lot of us saying, "That's it??"...I know I did! The signing of Goodrow/Reaves/Nemeth/Tin Man??

But in the grand scheme of things, did it fill a need? Did it make us better??

I think it definitely filled a need, and we'll see very soon if it made us a better team...I'm going to say it will....(but that's me and I'm chemically enhanced most of the time!!) :rofl:

100%

were going to miss buch at times for sure. This is coming from someone who didnt really think much of him until this season. But at the end of the day Kravtsov, Kakko, and Laf could all potentially be better and its time to give them a shot at it.

If Lafreniere, Kakko and Kravtsov all end up being busts, then no matter how good Buch was, this team was still doomed.

The time has come to turn the keys over to some of the big time draft picks we’ve made lately and see if they can fly. Unfortunately for Buchnevich, those guys are scoring wingers like him, and he was always going to be the one moved to fill a void; at least before they were.

I see a team now that has different layers as opposed to just a collection of talented youngsters with no role. I like the direction.

If Lafreniere, Kakko and Kravtsov all end up being busts, then no matter how good Buch was, this team was still doomed.

The time has come to turn the keys over to some of the big time draft picks we’ve made lately and see if they can fly. Unfortunately for Buchnevich, those guys are scoring wingers like him, and he was always going to be the one moved to fill a void; at least before they were.

I see a team now that has different layers as opposed to just a collection of talented youngsters with no role. I like the direction.

Dead on Richie! I think it's time to give the keys to the kingdom to the guys that are going to be the face of this franchise for the next 10-12 years.

I may be in the minority with this, but I'm really glad the kids have a guy like Reaves behind them to kinda help deter teams from taking liberties with them...I mean shit still happens, but with guys like Tinordi, Goodrow, Blais, and especially The Grim Reaver it should be a lot less, and maybe make them feel a little more brave out there. It's a mental thing! (...not that I would know anything about that!!! LOL)

I will say this too. This team was brutal... just effing brutal to watch at points last season. No heart and no drive. I think this will be a much more fun team in the sense that they will be competitive night in and night out with some of these signings.
  • Like 1

Imagine if Kreider ever meets expectations too

He's the guy I'm really looking forward to seeing under Gallant's style. I was mentioning that to Zuuc, and I told him I was gonna leave my feelings about him in the past, and start fresh with Kreider. I watched every playoff series this year and I can see that Kreider has his place here....and especially in the playoffs!!

I'd like to see him on the 3rd line with Goodrow with Chytil in the middle. I think both he and Chytil could prosper amazingly from playing with Goodrow...That could eventually wind up being one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL!