• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Uggh. All these depth moves makes me think Eichel is coming and the Rangers walk away from one of Strome or Zibanejad at the end of the season.

Nemeth made Jones a non option.

I think Goodrow is the 3rd line center, which makes Chytil expendable. Crap, maybe Strome goes to another team for more assets to give to Buffalo???

Eichel for Jones, Chytil, prospect and whatever the Rangers can get from another team for Strome..

I dunno how I feel about that. It may be too much. But that looks like how it's setting up.

If we're only giving up Strome, Chytil, Jones, Picks then i wont be mad at all, but keeping both Zib/Eichel means Kreider or Trouba have to go at some point in the next year couple years.

I only mentioned Strome going, because it seems like that's the rumor. It would make sense keep Strome over Zibanejad, because of cap issues, but I think the roster is a bit better with Eichel, Zibanejad as your 1-2.

If it's Zibanejad vs Eichel, it's really tough. I'd rather go with what Phil called "the devil you know " in Zibanejad. Only issue is Zibanejad supposedly wants crazy term on his next contract, where Eichel is only signed for 5 more years at close to what Zibanejad wants per year.. I really don't want to go over 4- 5 years for Zibanejad.

So.... what's Zibanejad worth in trade?

I only mentioned Strome going, because it seems like that's the rumor. It would make sense keep Strome over Zibanejad, because of cap issues, but I think the roster is a bit better with Eichel, Zibanejad as your 1-2.

If it's Zibanejad vs Eichel, it's really tough. I'd rather go with what Phil called "the devil you know " in Zibanejad. Only issue is Zibanejad supposedly wants crazy term on his next contract, where Eichel is only signed for 5 more years at close to what Zibanejad wants per year.. I really don't want to go over 4- 5 years for Zibanejad.

So.... what's Zibanejad worth in trade?

A lot with a pre-arranged contract extension.

I saw that Vegas signed Laurent Brossoit to a two-year deal. I thought he'd be a nice option for the Rangers as a backup. Quite a few goalies have signed. I don't know of the ones remaining, who would be alright. They might just wind up sticking with Kinkaid. Also, Rangers Legend Steven Fogarty has signed a one-year deal with the Bruins.

I mean, he's been on the block for MONTHS. It's clear no one really values/wants him. Certainly not at his price point. So incentives it. Give whoever a mid-round pick to take him away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know what my issue is with him to be honest. I think I just got sick of seeing Quinn trying to have him and Igor as a 1/1A when it should have been the routine starter/backup situation. I felt like any time Shesterkin got on a roll, we’d get to see Georgiev go in. I know he hasn’t played a full NHL season yet. But, they have to stop coddling Igor and give him a go as the actual starter. Enough of this flip flopping bullshit.

It doesn’t sound like Georgiev will be supportive of that, which is fine. He’s entitled to his opinion on his play. I’d just as soon ship him out as fast as many of you would, and get some form of a backup in who can do the job of backup; not 1/1a.

I mean, he's been on the block for MONTHS. It's clear no one really values/wants him. Certainly not at his price point. So incentives it. Give whoever a mid-round pick to take him away.

Why do you even need to lose an asset? Rangers have plenty of cap, just waive him, if no one claims him, he can play in Hartford or sit out. It costs ~$1.5M to bury him, which only becomes a possible issue if the Rangers get Eichel, at which point you can just include Georgiev in the deal.

Now that I think about it, perhaps Drury "asking for a 1st round pick for him" was more to set that value for him in a trade to Buffalo, given their ask.

They don't have to but his cost isn't congruent with his level of play (because he's a backup). We're seeing teams sign pretty much every available goalie worth a damn so the market has shrunk just like it did with Talbot. If they want to dump him, they can probably do it more quickly giving up a fourth-rounder, let's say. Or. If they're more comfortable just waiting. Wait.

They certainly could just wait. There will probably be some team(s) that will have goaltending issues during the season whether it's injuries or underperforming and may look for one. Perhaps then they'd get a bit more for him.

Georgiev has been available for almost two years. Nobody wants him. He absolutely stunk last season too so maybe sending him to to someone with a pick is the way to go.

I don’t think he was available last season. I think it’s a case where *mumbles under breathe* didn’t want Lundqvist around, and kept Georgiev. Georgiev has a history of being favored over teammates for a few seasons, now.

I don’t think he was available last season. I think it’s a case where *mumbles under breathe* didn’t want Lundqvist around, and kept Georgiev. Georgiev has a history of being favored over teammates for a few seasons, now.

they signed Kinkaid, im sure Geo was available