• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

So we're going to buy someone out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No. But Marleau was an acquisition of convenience for them.

The only "logical" move to use that space immediately with little to no consequence involves Georgiev being dealt and getting paid to take Koskinen off EDM. Too many dominoes and kind of a cut-off-your-nose move pending the returns.

No. But Marleau was an acquisition of convenience for them.

The only "logical" move to use that space immediately with little to no consequence involves Georgiev being dealt and getting paid to take Koskinen off EDM. Too many dominoes and kind of a cut-off-your-nose move pending the returns.

I was looking at the same thing (Georgiev and Koskinen). And other than that, now that I've looked at pending UFAs for next summer, surprisingly I don't see many teams with a 1 year "dead weight" kind of contract left that they'd love to free up like we did with Staal. Shame.

Yep. Slim pickings there.

Even if there were a D or a F here, we'd have to play them. The idea is to play the roster we've got. Unless there's a Matt Moulson or a Matt Beleskey sort of contract out there where we're going to take it, bury it in HFD and never think about it, I think this is DOA.

You don't need to fill every bit of cap space. At the deadline we'll likely be buyers again for the first time in years, not to mention if things go according to plan, we'll have some massive contracts to sign next summer.

Yea I think this is the bigger concern.

That's easy...Big, tall, doesn't hit much, prone to the turnover...Nemeth, by game 20.

I didn't even realize Hajek is listed at 6' 2". He plays like he's 5' 2".

Hopefully Nemeth has some marbles left. I watched him a little bit this past season, and he seemed pretty tough in front of the net....either that or I was watching through the bottom of the Kettle One bottle! :rofl:

I didn't even realize Hajek is listed at 6' 2". He plays like he's 5' 2".

Hopefully Nemeth has some marbles left. I watched him a little bit this past season, and he seemed pretty tough in front of the net....either that or I was watching through the bottom of the Kettle One bottle! :rofl:

I never believe you when you say "I watched", especially games in other timezones. Re-frame that to "I saw the first 10 minutes of a Sharks game....once."

I never believe you when you say "I watched", especially games in other timezones. Re-frame that to "I saw the first 10 minutes of a Sharks game....once."

I saw more of Nemeth when he got dealt to the Avs, because you know I'm a MacKinnon fan boy. I do try to "scout" out some of the other action around the league....depends on how late it is, and if I have enough "ammo" in the fridge! LOL

I saw more of Nemeth when he got dealt to the Avs, because you know I'm a MacKinnon fan boy. I do try to "scout" out some of the other action around the league....depends on how late it is, and if I have enough "ammo" in the fridge! LOL

"Wow, what a scrap that was!"

"That's the Kiss-Cam, Oz..."

• Like 1