• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

I feel your pain, man!!! At least NFL football starts in 2 weeks. That should help a little in getting to the starting gate!

I'm a Raiders fan though, RMC!!! So it can be very painful!!! :rofl:

I was excited about the Giants this year until I saw the offensive line this preseason. Now I'm fairly certain it will be another long year.

I was excited about the Giants this year until I saw the offensive line this preseason. Now I'm fairly certain it will be another long year.

All it has to do is get us to hockey season. I'm really pumped for this year!

You guys didn't look too bad against the Pats though...

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Anyone else find it weird or disappointing that they didn't really introduce anyone this summer? 

Introduce who, players? It's not that weird, really. They signed Patrik Nemeth. Do they really need a press conference to introduce him to the world? Sammy Blais? Ryan Reaves?

I guess maybe for the coach, but we're also in a Covid era, so that's probably why the vast majority of these things have been done digitally.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Introduce who, players? It's not that weird, really. They signed Patrik Nemeth. Do they really need a press conference to introduce him to the world? Sammy Blais? Ryan Reaves?

I guess maybe for the coach, but we're also in a Covid era, so that's probably why the vast majority of these things have been done digitally.

I mean, I'd like to see an interview with these new guys. I'd like to hear Blais or Reaves talk about coming here. Gallant was the only one who answered any questions and even that was on like a 1950s rotary phone. Like Blais was the return for Buch, you'd think they'd at least have an interview...

Also, I know Drury's not Gorton but I did appreciate Gorton's "state of the union" after free agency every summer. Like a little communication wouldn't hurt, I guess is what I'm saying.

3 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I mean, I'd like to see an interview with these new guys. I'd like to hear Blais or Reaves talk about coming here. Gallant was the only one who answered any questions and even that was on like a 1950s rotary phone. Like Blais was the return for Buch, you'd think they'd at least have an interview...

Also, I know Drury's not Gorton but I did appreciate Gorton's "state of the union" after free agency every summer. Like a little communication wouldn't hurt, I guess is what I'm saying.

Oh, yeah, definitely. I think all of that is coming.

49 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

The players never receive the actual trophy except in the awards ceremony. They only receive a scale version of it. They might present it at a game.

I see.

I still need that picture tho, so someone need to send that freakin trophy to New York and have Fox take a picture with it!

40 minutes ago, Parsley said:

This feels like the longest offseason EVER. Not sure if it's because of the Gorts/JD fallout, but man I'm craving the start to the season. 

Bad end to the season, not much action during free agency or trade-wise. Tail end of the off season. Worst time of the year for hockey fans. Two weeks until the first preseason game though so look forward to that. 

• Cheers 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
On 9/12/2021 at 9:37 AM, Parsley said:

This feels like the longest offseason EVER. Not sure if it's because of the Gorts/JD fallout, but man I'm craving the start to the season. 

It does, but I think that's largely based on the fact they didn't do very much. If they swung some massive deal for Eichel or flipped Strome, etc. I think you'd see a lot more chatter questioning where guys will play, who will play with who, etc.

So much of that is tabled because the team isn't hard to project. There's going to be one or two battles for fourth-line roles, and a "battle" for who will be the teams' seventh defenseman.

• Like 1