• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Brendan Lemieux to LAK For 4th Round Pick

Most of the players Gorton thinks aren't useful end up being useful elsewhere. I expect this to continue that trend.

He has seriously gotten absolutely hosed in every big trade of Ranger assets.

Hayes trade= loss

Zucc trade= loss

Trouba trade= loss

McDonagh = massive raping

Gave up on Graves

His best deal was getting Carolina to take Skjeis contract and give him a 1st.

Not sure how much credit you can give him for Fox forging his way to NY.

I guess you gotta give props for Strome, although I think he stepped in shit on that one. They figured he'd be a 3rd or 4th liner. Not playing with Panarin...

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has seriously gotten absolutely hosed in every big trade of Ranger assets.

Hayes trade= loss

Zucc trade= loss

Trouba trade= loss

McDonagh = massive raping

Gave up on Graves

His best deal was getting Carolina to take Skjeis contract and give him a 1st.

Not sure how much credit you can give him for Fox forging his way to NY.

I guess you gotta give props for Strome, although I think he stepped in shit on that one. They figured he'd be a 3rd or 4th liner. Not playing with Panarin...

Not sure I agree that the Hayes trade was a loss. They just turned around and dealt it back in the Trouba deal, which, meh, wasn't that bad either. It was really the signing terms that were the loss rather than the trade itself. If there's an area to point out that Gorton might not be so good at, it's probably contract negotiations. It's hard to win trades when you are tearing stuff down. Others know the assets are pretty much at a discount.

I think Gorton has done "more good" on the trades he's won than bad on the trades he's lost:

* Brassard for Zibanejad.

* Nash for Lindgren, Spooner, 1st round pick (became K'Andre Miller).

* Spooner for Strome

* Skjei for 1st

The first 3 trades alone got our top 2 centers in our top 6 and 2 players in our top 4 D, and only for Brassard and a 2 month Nash rental. Hell of a return.

• Like 1

I would say the Trouba trade was a loss just even for signing him to that massive contract knowing he only wanted to play here specifically. He’s extremely overpaid and he was alright in Winnipeg, but he wasn’t even worth that with his performance there let alone here. He has the 8th highest cap hit for defensemen IN THE LEAGUE and for five more years.

He’s a very mixed bag.

Not sure I agree that the Hayes trade was a loss. They just turned around and dealt it back in the Trouba deal, which, meh, wasn't that bad either. It was really the signing terms that were the loss rather than the trade itself. If there's an area to point out that Gorton might not be so good at, it's probably contract negotiations. It's hard to win trades when you are tearing stuff down. Others know the assets are pretty much at a discount.

I think Gorton has done "more good" on the trades he's won than bad on the trades he's lost:

* Spooner for Strome

* Skjei for 1st

The first 3 trades alone got our top 2 centers in our top 6 and 2 players in our top 4 D, and only for Brassard and a 2 month Nash rental. Hell of a return.

Good call on the Zib and Nash deals. Feels like so long ago and as if he wasn't in charge, but he was... So, I guess he's .500.

Even if he goes to the Kings and does really well, I won't even be mad as I don't think he was every going to do that great here. I think he was better last year but really regressed like some other players have. He really wasn't great at fights and he took a lot of stupid penalties. This team takes too many penalties as it is. That may be more of a knock on Quinn than it is Lemieux persay, but I wish him luck. I wonder if LA would take Howden. They could make a Lemieux-Howden-Anderson line. lol

* Spooner for Strome

* Skjei for 1st

Pretty much this

* Spooner for Strome

* Skjei for 1st

100%. I still can't believe he turned Spooner into Strome or even Brassard for Zibanejad. Those are just huge deals for the franchise as a whole. The Nash trade was the gift that kept on giving.

I would say the Trouba trade was a loss just even for signing him to that massive contract knowing he only wanted to play here specifically. He’s extremely overpaid and he was alright in Winnipeg, but he wasn’t even worth that with his performance there let alone here. He has the 8th highest cap hit for defensemen IN THE LEAGUE and for five more years.

He’s a very mixed bag.

They're paying Trouba to be a perennial Norris candidate and most nights he's the 4th or 5th best defenseman on this team. He won't even be in the discussion for the US Olympic team. Fox will be there, Miller will be in the discussion, Trouba will not be at all.He provides sporadic defense and almost no offense. Mostly he takes shots that aren't on net and dumb penalties. In Thursday's game vs. the Flyers, took a completely idiotic penalty for holding the stick with a 6-0 NYR lead. Would have been more glaring in a close game.

I fear Trouba will be another Wade Redden-like situation and will probably be bought out half way through his deal or so. I can totally see it. I really don't think he's playing out that contract here.

Don't think as long as Gorton is here that will happen. He's not a total zero like Redden. He's servicable.

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]2019-2020[/td]

[td]2020-2021[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GA/G[/td]

[td]3.14[/td]

[td]2.68[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SA/G[/td]

[td]34[/td]

[td]28.6[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PK[/td]

[td]80.9%[/td]

[td]85.2%[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I think, for the most part, people just hate the contract. The improvement in the above categories is pretty remarkable. The main differences in the D corp? Miller, a 21 year old rookie, replaced Skjei; and Fox and Hajek replaced ADA. Trouba gets the same minutes and has gone from a -12 to a +2. The D has been awesome. They should be even better next year when Lundkvist replaces Smith. I think Trouba has been fine, but people tend to focus on and magnify any mistakes ignoring that the D has been top 10 in the league.

I just think Trouba himself has regressed a bit from last season. I thought he was better. Having said that, yes, the team defense and PK and have been fantastic this year. The defense is the least of this team's worries going forward.

...which is really ironic, because a lot of us at the beginning of the season thought keeping pucks out of the net was going to be our weakness. Yeah, go figure!!!

I remember thinking, "yeah, we're going to score a lot, but we're gonna give up a metric fuckton!".....ummmm NOT! :doh:

...which is really ironic, because a lot of us at the beginning of the season thought keeping pucks out of the net was going to be our weakness. Yeah, go figure!!!

I remember thinking, "yeah, we're going to score a lot, but we're gonna give up a metric fuckton!".....ummmm NOT! :doh:

Yeah, although the goaltending has been a bit suspect. Shesterkin's injury didn't help, but he's back and looking pretty good. Georgiev and Kinkaid you basically pray for a decent game every start.

Lmao, you'd rather keep players that clear waivers daily. Lemieux wouldn't. There's a reason for that.

My ideal 3rd and 4th lines right now are

Laf-Chytil-Kravtsov

PDG-Rooney-Blackwell

With Howden and Gauthier rotating in and out. How does Lemiuex provide more than any of those players aside from maybe PDG?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, although the goaltending has been a bit suspect. Shesterkin's injury didn't help, but he's back and looking pretty good. Georgiev and Kinkaid you basically pray for a decent game every start.

I feel a lot better with Kinkaid in there, Sharpy. I couldn't blame him for a whole heck of a lot yesterday...maybe Ovi's goal, but that was a weird carom.

But Georgiev to me is way too shaky!

I feel a lot better with Kinkaid in there, Sharpy. I couldn't blame him for a whole heck of a lot yesterday...maybe Ovi's goal, but that was a weird carom.

But Georgiev to me is way too shaky!

Agreed. Plus he hasn't played in a little while now. So, I don't know if that really bodes well even though he can do well when he doesn't start a lot. lol

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]2019-2020[/td]

[td]2020-2021[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GA/G[/td]

[td]3.14[/td]

[td]2.68[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SA/G[/td]

[td]34[/td]

[td]28.6[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PK[/td]

[td]80.9%[/td]

[td]85.2%[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I think, for the most part, people just hate the contract. The improvement in the above categories is pretty remarkable. The main differences in the D corp? Miller, a 21 year old rookie, replaced Skjei; and Fox and Hajek replaced ADA. Trouba gets the same minutes and has gone from a -12 to a +2. The D has been awesome. They should be even better next year when Lundkvist replaces Smith. I think Trouba has been fine, but people tend to focus on and magnify any mistakes ignoring that the D has been top 10 in the league.

I wouldn't discount the presence of Jacques Martin, either. In fact, I'd say that's the biggest addition.

I wouldn't discount the presence of Jacques Martin, either. In fact, I'd say that's the biggest addition.

Yup. That and Fox getting substantially more minutes than last year.

Miller has looked a bit lost in my opinion. Hajek has regressed back to terrible after a temporary up in his game. Neither of those guys are the reason for improved GAA that's for sure.

I think so too. As Jacques Martin was the new voice the defense needed, maybe a head coaching change could be the new voice that the offense needs.
The offense didn't need a new voice, it just needed its number one Center.