• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Brendan Lemieux to LAK For 4th Round Pick

Which attempts were made here? LOL , infact you posted here that Lemieux might have been dealt to prevent locker room divide due to his closeness to DeAngelo....

????

I then say the locker room seemed to all like DeAngelo including the big locker room presence in Trouba (which was backed by a quote brought to someone's attentionby Keirik, and here we are. Where exactly is the conspiracy talk from the DeAngelo cult that you speak of?

I was responding to the in-thread news from Carp that Lemieux wasn't traded to make room for Kravtsov or because he requested it. It left room for us all to guess, which we were doing. I provided my best guess. Pure conjecture.

The attempts I'm referring to are what happened in the past, not in this thread.

The rest, well, you're confusing me with Pete, it seems. DeAngelo was well liked, by some accounts. He also pissed off the front office and ultimately fought a team mate, which caused him to lose his job. Not because they hated him (the team) but because the front office was sick of the circus. My best guess is that Lemieux backed his friend and the front office wanted to avoid the same outcome. Be it with the team itself or with fans. That's the divide I'm talking about. I was probably too strong to suggest it was reserved to the team only.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's acceptable production for 6-8 minutes a night?

I'm not so bearish on Lemieux's skills. I think he adequately skilled for a 4th line role. There's definitely a hint of offensive ability to my eye, though certainly limited. He can skate well enough, plays a heavy game, and is willing to sacrifice his body to block shots.

What do people think they're going to get from a 12th-13th forward?

Ya know, I forgot about that sequence where he blocked those two massive shots. I thought he was dead. Lol. Screw the haters. Lemieux is a gamer. I think he'll have a decent career.

I was responding to the in-thread news from Carp that Lemieux wasn't traded to make room for Kravtsov or because he requested it. It left room for us all to guess, which we were doing. I provided my best guess. Pure conjecture.

The attempts I'm referring to are what happened in the past, not in this thread.

The rest, well, you're confusing me with Pete, it seems. DeAngelo was well liked, by some accounts. He also pissed off the front office and ultimately fought a team mate, which caused him to lose his job. Not because they hated him (the team) but because the front office was sick of the circus. My best guess is that Lemieux backed his friend and the front office wanted to avoid the same outcome. Be it with the team itself or with fans. That's the divide I'm talking about. I was probably too strong to suggest it was reserved to the team only.

Wasn't confusing you with Pete. I figured you were suggesting that I was revising history in this thread. Not that I do it in others, but figured you didn't agree with how I stated the room liked him, or that it was a strange situation.. We are IN THIS thread, so I don't understand why you'd dreg up stuff from months ago.. Ah well.

Ya know, I forgot about that sequence where he blocked those two massive shots. I thought he was dead. Lol. Screw the haters. Lemieux is a gamer. I think he'll have a decent career.

If he did that on a regular basis we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Too many games where he was a complete non-factor. I really wanted to like the guy but I don’t think he brought enough to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If he did that on a regular basis we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Too many games where he was a complete non-factor. I really wanted to like the guy but I don’t think he brought enough to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well I have suggested that the team is neutered anyway. I don't think Quinn would continue to play Lemieux or anyone who plays an intense game. For lower line players, ANY penalty is damning.

If Lemieux played like Tom Wilson, Quinn would never dress him. I've brought up examples of players showing emotion and paying the price for it under Quinn.

How does a physical player, play physical if he's worried about taking a penalty and crossing that line. You take the good and the bad with such players. Unless you're Quinn. Then you take nothing and settle for a low energy team.

Well I have suggested that the team is neutered anyway. I don't think Quinn would continue to play Lemieux or anyone who plays an intense game. For lower line players, ANY penalty is damning.

If Lemieux played like Tom Wilson, Quinn would never dress him. I've brought up examples of players showing emotion and paying the price for it under Quinn.

How does a physical player, play physical if he's worried about taking a penalty and crossing that line. You take the good and the bad with such players. Unless you're Quinn. Then you take nothing and settle for a low energy team.

If Lemieux played like Tom Wilson, he'd be suspended indefinitely. Further, I have never seen Quinn bench anyone for a roughing or a legit penalty. Selfish or lazy penalties, sure.

If Lemieux played like Tom Wilson, he'd be suspended indefinitely. Further, I have never seen Quinn bench anyone for a roughing or a legit penalty. Selfish or lazy penalties, sure.

Roughing........... or legit..

Not selfish or lazy.

Right.

Are roughing penalties not selfish?

What's a legit penalty?