• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

Funny I was thinking that the other day too. I like the idea of him more than the actual play he brings on ice. Rangers need more physicality and yet I just don't feel like he brings what they need. Maybe he's less effective because he's the only player on the team who has that kind of game? I don't really know. I thought he'd be more involved in the game. Be more of a pest. I mean he's just not noticeable at all out there.

They need physicality. Just being a douchebag really doesn't count as 'toughness', something that they need. They need a player 'like' him, yes, but one that offers more physical play and produces and stays out of the penalty box. Lemieux is merely an asshole with some decent ability.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need physicality. Just being a douchebag really doesn't count as 'toughness', something that they need. They need a player 'like' him, yes, but one that offers more physical play and produces and stays out of the penalty box. Lemieux is merely an asshole with some decent ability.

Is he even an asshole? Like what does he actually do on the ice that proves that? If he was an asshole to the other team he might actually be useful but instead he's just not on the ice enough to be of value.

Is he even an asshole? Like what does he actually do on the ice that proves that? If he was an asshole to the other team he might actually be useful but instead he's just not on the ice enough to be of value.

Right? I feel that is being generous as well. He might get under the opposition's skin a bit, but even then, he really doesn't draw penalties doing that. So, why is he here, really?

No kidding. Hopefully the front office and coaching staff know this. Removing Blackwell will be removing a worthy player. He just has no long term future here and so he shouldn't be playing over Kravstov, Kakko, or Buch.

Blackwell is certainly Seattle bait 725k for one of their 3rd liners will be a good pick up for em from what we expose.

Rooney is a pretty damn good 4th line center for a playoff contender; the guy wins draws pretty well, very responsible in his own end and also can score a little bit.

He stays outta the box and plays with some toughness. I'm curious to see what happens with him come April 12th. I'll bet a Western Conf team could use a guy like him down the stretch, and in the playoffs.

Rooney is a pretty damn good 4th line center for a playoff contender; the guy wins draws pretty well, very responsible in his own end and also can score a little bit.

He stays outta the box and plays with some toughness. I'm curious to see what happens with him come April 12th. I'll bet a Western Conf team could use a guy like him down the stretch, and in the playoffs.

It's a shame to lose him because I like him but you have to consider Barron is probably ready to make the jump and if you can get assets for Rooney then you might as well.

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Lafreniere - Chytil - Kravstov

Lemieux - Rooney - Blackwell

The Rangers emotional rollercoaster has me at the peak of excitement if this is the lineup at some point in the next few games.

Fans are always saying "Lemieux - Rooney - Blackwell" won't be here when they are good. But that is the makings of a very good 4th line. They go to the net, they play defense, they draw penalties.

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

The Rangers emotional rollercoaster has me at the peak of excitement if this is the lineup at some point in the next few games.

That looks wonderful. It will look even better when Eichel is a part of it.

Fans are always saying "Lemieux - Rooney - Blackwell" won't be here when they are good. But that is the makings of a very good 4th line. They go to the net, they play defense, they draw penalties.

I have no problem with those guys. Lemieux is a bit disappointing and I'd rather lose him to Seattle than the other two, but I agree. Blackwell has proved himself more than valuable.

I realized I forgot Gauthier. Doesn't look like he has a real chance, does it?

If guys like Rooney and Blackwell stick around, I don't really see a need for Gauthier. He has played a bit better this year, but I think he's more expendable than those other guys are. He and Lemieux are the forward on the bottom six I want gone the most. Between finding players that are better and/or more influx of younger talent, I really don't see a place for him going forward.

I have no problem with those guys. Lemieux is a bit disappointing and I'd rather lose him to Seattle than the other two, but I agree. Blackwell has proved himself more than valuable.

I realized I forgot Gauthier. Doesn't look like he has a real chance, does it?

Gauthier should have been sent to the AHL a year ago.

I think Qunny might have a type. Big boys on bottom [6].

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

I like what I see here, but my only concern is having 2 rookies on the third line will put a lot more pressure on Chytl covering for their mistakes. I also like having Blackwell in the lineup if Kakko or Krastov are not having a good night you can put him up in the 2nd or 3rd line

Gauthier has a vastly higher upside and is at a totally different stage than Rooney and Blackwell. If we put Gauthier on Fish Oil supplements or some of those brain vitamins on late night TV, we might have quite a player.

Gauthier has a vastly higher upside and is at a totally different stage than Rooney and Blackwell. If we put Gauthier on Fish Oil supplements or some of those brain vitamins on late night TV, we might have quite a player.

I remember when we first got Gauthier and I watched some You Tube videos of conversations with him. I was, like, ooooh, not a lot up top.

I agree there's upside, but he isn't replacing anyone on the top 9, right? He has to buy into a 4th line mentality or he has nowhere to go. Up to now he has thought of himself as a goal scorer. He has to change his identity to stick, and that's not easy to do. I think there's a pretty good chance he goes in whatever deal we make for a center.

I don't see their being a place for Gauthier going forward, heck there's barely a place for him now most nights. The only way I can see it is if they send a number of forwards to buffalo in a deal for Jack. Otherwise I agree with what you're saying his identity isn't one of a 4th line guy (although he's not a goal scorer at this level either so there's that too). Upside, sure I guess so but also I guy I think that we quickly forget once he's gone.

I don't see their being a place for Gauthier going forward, heck there's barely a place for him now most nights. The only way I can see it is if they send a number of forwards to buffalo in a deal for Jack. Otherwise I agree with what you're saying his identity isn't one of a 4th line guy (although he's not a goal scorer at this level either so there's that too). Upside, sure I guess so but also I guy I think that we quickly forget once he's gone.

He can be one of the 4 former first rounders we send along with Brendan Smith and DeAngelo.

• Like 1

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Replace Lemieux with gauthier and I’m right there with you

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Protect: Zib, Panarin, Kreider, Strome, Buch, Chytil. That leaves one more spot, with a choice of protecting Gauthier, Lemieux or Howden (there's no way they protect a 28 year old journeyman like Blackwell or Rooney). Between those three, they would probably protect Gauthier. Problematic as he may be, he has more of an upside than the other two. Neither Lemieux nor Howden has ever scored a goal like the one Gauthier scored in Philly last week (before earning a scratch with dumb penalties).