• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hear what you're saying, but I saw all I needed to see from him on the third line to know he needs to be on the fourth line. 

I mean who is the answer on this roster? Do you dare put Goodrow there if he comes back in time? Please not Hunt again, for the same reason you gave for Motte x 1000. Lafreniere was just tried and it didn’t stick. Kakko isn’t going to be the ticket either. Running out of options. It shouldn’t be that hard to find something that works with Panarin/Strome.

28 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I mean who is the answer on this roster? Do you dare put Goodrow there if he comes back in time? Please not Hunt again, for the same reason you gave for Motte x 1000. Lafreniere was just tried and it didn’t stick. Kakko isn’t going to be the ticket either. Running out of options. It shouldn’t be that hard to find something that works with Panarin/Strome.

I'd go Goodrow, yea. Someone who's gonna drag them into the fight. 

I also might be in the minority but I also feel like he's wasted on the 4th line. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'd go Goodrow, yea. Someone who's gonna drag them into the fight. 

I also might be in the minority but I also feel like he's wasted on the 4th line. 

I’d try it. I also think he’s wasted on the 4th line. I was envisioning him on the 3rd, but no problem seeing how he does on the 2nd in the playoffs.

As someone who is a massive fan of this guy, I can honestly say I’m beyond disgusted with him. Usually a Game 7 OT goal against a rival buys you enough goodwill to take you through some dark times. But nope. He has been that bad. And I mean, bad.

You can’t make the money you make, and carry the responsibility you carry, and come playoff time just be a complete and utter dud.

Marian Gaborik, on one arm, was more effective in 2012 in the playoff than this. This fanbase watched Rick Nash fall on his face time after time in the playoffs. And I truthfully can say this is up there with this. It’s a disgrace, because if he was himself, we’re literally not in some of these holes we’ve found ourselves in.

He has had it pretty good here since Day 1 and rightfully so. He’s been a fantastic performer in the regular season, a great personality, the leg kicks, etc. But, that honeymoon may be coming to a close, because if this season ends Saturday on a down note, he will have really burned some bridges with this fanbase with how pathetic he has been in the playoffs.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Not really, because he won game 7 in ot. Some guys just don’t do it in the playoffs. Johnny hockey had 100+ points this year and for ousted. Panarin is never going to do what mcdavid does, and that’s ok. Hes closest to kucherov and the difference is Tampa is a championship team. He’s been better than a point per game here through regular season and playoffs and tonight he made a great pass for a ppg which is what those 11m are for. He didn’t lose the game tonight - the championship-less team lost the game. 

Nah, that's silly. Panarin has been baby soft, no doubt, but they can't afford to trade him until they can afford to trade him. That requires an explosion from Lafrenière, minimum, and it's an incredibly dangerous proposition because the teams that trade the better player almost always suffer for it. Quantity < quality, and you need guys to get you there.

Panarin doesn't appear capable of getting you through, at least not without a better center to buy him more room to work, but he sure as fuck gets you there.

52 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The reason Tampa is a championship level team is because a guy like Kucherov raises his game this time of year; he doesn’t wilt under the pressure.

I thought it was Vasilevsky but hell.....could be a little of both....

It is both, because they learned to do it. Again, they were swept by the Blue Jackets. There were calls to blow it up. To trade Stamkos. Kucherov was benched. People wanted Cooper fired. They learned how to win. The Rangers will, too.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

It is both, because they learned to do it. Again, they were swept by the Blue Jackets. There were calls to blow it up. To trade Stamkos. Kucherov was benched. People wanted Cooper fired. They learned how to win. The Rangers will, too.

Believe me, I know I’m talking out of frustration and out of my ass. I’ve been preaching the mantra of learning to walk before you can run, so I should know better. So I’ll take that.

I just never expected someone of Panarins caliber, who has been here before, to be this bad.

There is no time and space at all for Panarin and he needs time and space to make plays.

Zib's stat line looks better because he's a shooter. He needs half as much time with the puck to do his job, and he's got a 50G scorer on his line the other team has to deal with.

And you see what Staal is doing against Zib in home games.

And frankly, Panarin has already said he's playing it safe. For him, safe is death.

If you want to compare Panarin to Kooch, consider the caliber of [team] defense playing for Tampa that allows a little more grace that ours, which has bled shots all season long and continues to do so.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I mean do we expect panarin to play differently? He’s a world class playmaker putting up points and when the puck was on his stick when we needed him most he delivered this season. He’s not going to be a tough guy. I can buy let’s maybe stop giving the puck away so much and make harder plays on the puck esp again ask Carolina but the guy puts up a 90pt season to get us here, gets criticized for not being good enough, puts up points all playoff long, scores a game 7 overtime goal on the powerplay, is most of the reason our powerplay is so good, and we should trade him? Because he doesn’t play physically enough?

I mean the guy broke up a 2 on 1 playing defense last night so you can’t even use that whole doesn’t play defense argument. 

you can’t just find these guys. we were gifted one and he’s got quite a long way to go until he’s in the same discussion. I just don’t get it. Yeah, he’s a soft player. Ok, trade him because he’s not finishing his checks?  

14 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I mean do we expect panarin to play differently? He’s a world class playmaker putting up points and when the puck was on his stick when we needed him most he delivered this season. He’s not going to be a tough guy. I can buy let’s maybe stop giving the puck away so much and make harder plays on the puck esp again ask Carolina but the guy puts up a 90pt season to get us here, gets criticized for not being good enough, puts up points all playoff long, scores a game 7 overtime goal on the powerplay, is most of the reason our powerplay is so good, and we should trade him? Because he doesn’t play physically enough?

I mean the guy broke up a 2 on 1 playing defense last night so you can’t even use that whole doesn’t play defense argument. 

you can’t just find these guys. we were gifted one and he’s got quite a long way to go until he’s in the same discussion. I just don’t get it. Yeah, he’s a soft player. Ok, trade him because he’s not finishing his checks?  

I agree with you. But on the other hand it's extremely frustrating to see him turning the puck over by trying to pass through 3 sets of skates when the team as a whole is struggling to generate any offense.

15 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Most concerning thing about Panarin in my opinion is that he looks scared when he has the puck except when he's on the power play.  Which either means he's hurt and doesn't want to get hit or he's a pussy.

So easy to call someone else a pussy when you're not being hit by anyone 6-2, 210 moving at 20mph while you're moving at 20mph. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

While everyone is playing with ding, bumps and bruises, Panarin is almost certainly more injured than we know. In the game he got hurt vs. the Canes in April, he had one sequence which while did not end up in a goal , pretty much weaved and bobbed all thru the whole Canes' team. Was amazing, but   have not seen that kind of movement since. Some of that is the time and space get compressed in a playoff series, but think a lot of it is he is not close to 100%. And to be fair, everyone right now is banged up to some degree. Simply sucks he is more banged up that most anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

While everyone is playing with ding, bumps and bruises, Panarin is almost certainly more injured than we know. In the game he got hurt vs. the Canes in April, he had one sequence which while did not end up in a goal , pretty much weaved and bobbed all thru the whole Canes' team. Was amazing, but   have not seen that kind of movement since. Some of that is the time and space get compressed in a playoff series, but think a lot of it is he is not close to 100%. And to be fair, everyone right now is banged up to some degree. Simply sucks he is more banged up that most anyone else. 

Speculation but maybe......

There must be a reason he looks like Dryden Hunt out there.

2 hours ago, Morphinity said:

I agree with you. But on the other hand it's extremely frustrating to see him turning the puck over by trying to pass through 3 sets of skates when the team as a whole is struggling to generate any offense.

Well that’s the part I don’t get either, if he’s not wanting to get dirty just dump it in hard, makes no sense to me. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

It is both, because they learned to do it. Again, they were swept by [Panarin and the] the Blue Jackets. There were calls to blow it up. To trade Stamkos. Kucherov was benched. People wanted Cooper fired. They learned how to win. The Rangers will, too.

Fixed it for ya.  Panarin looked great in that series.