• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

If you're trading him, you have to blow up the team. There's no point in keeping anyone else aside from Fox and probably Cuylle.

You listen to offers for everybody if you want to trade Panarin. 

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I wouldn’t trade Panarin and i would definitely start shopping Zib, Kreider, and Miller to see what kind of return i could get. 

Add Trouba to that list along with is cap hit

3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Same, Miller is the problem on that pairing.

Miller needs to be paired with a positionally sound partner before we decide who's the problem.

Trouba defense is built around blocking shots and trying to take people's heads off. He's chasing the play as much as anybody once the other team has a forecheck and a cycle. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Miller needs to be paired with a positionally sound partner before we decide who's the problem.

Trouba defense is built around blocking shots and trying to take people's heads off. He's chasing the play as much as anybody once the other team has a forecheck and a cycle. 

Panarin?  Cause this thread is about Panarin 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

He’s chasing because he has to make up for his lack of a defense partner.  And after watching his lazy play on the 4th goal, I’m totally over Miller. 

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

He’s chasing because he has to make up for his lack of a defense partner.  And after watching his lazy play on the 4th goal, I’m totally over Miller. 

Yeah, that was a shitty play. I want to see how long he was out before that, if he was at the end of a shit or not, but that goal was definitely on him.

And I can just as easily say his defensive miscues come from trying to cover for Trouba. Trouba defensive analytics have always been terrible. Even when he was paired with Skjei. And then that guy gets traded and takes off... So maybe it's not always Trouba partner that's the problem. Maybe it's him. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yeah, that was a shitty play. I want to see how long he was out before that, if he was at the end of a shit or not, but that goal was definitely on him.

And I can just as easily say his defensive miscues come from trying to cover for Trouba. Trouba defensive analytics have always been terrible. Even when he was paired with Skjei. And then that guy gets traded and takes off... So maybe it's not always Trouba partner that's the problem. Maybe it's him. 

fair

6 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Panarin?  Cause this thread is about Panarin 

Grow up. Why don't you talk to the guy who brought Miller up in the first place?

Edited by Pete

7 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

It was in context of a Panarin post. 
why dont you find a less pathetic attitude for once?

Why don't you start ignoring my posts? You're like fucking obsessed LOL. 

If you want to trade out of the dynamics this team puts forward now you have to trade Zibanejad and probably Fox.

Kreider is a good move if you can get some young talent back for him.  He actually contributes enough on special teams that his so-so 5v5 is manageable unless it's in the top 6.

But to get away from the east-west mentality you have to trade the vets who are most susceptible to falling back into it and that's Zibanejad and Fox.  They're also among the mopiest rangers when things go sour.  Gotta get rid of the mope because it's as much a part of the team identity as the east-west "play like a Globetrotter lose like a General" dynamic the Rangers have going right now.