• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Pretty big pivot after the failed example you gave.

Anybody who's watched Panarin for the last 3 playoffs can see he doesn't have what it takes when time and space is taken away. There's a nuance about playoff hockey that some people just don't understand.

Why you talking about a pivot when I'm talking about Strome and you're talking about playoffs?

You are pivoting as you normally do when you're proven wrong, which you normally are. 

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why you talking about a pivot when I'm talking about Strome and you're talking about playoffs?

You are pivoting as you normally do when you're proven wrong, which you normally are. 

You provided a weak attempt trying to create a parallel between McDavid/Crosby, and Panarin. I'm laughing just typing that out. You followed it up with an equally terrible hand picked specific example using Hymen, as if the Oilers re-signed him because he had some great chemistry with and unlocked McDavid. I don't really blame you for pivoting from your position and back to thinly veiled pot shots. It was a bad position to take.

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You provided a weak attempt trying to create a parallel between McDavid/Crosby, and Panarin. I'm laughing just typing that out. You followed it up with an equally terrible hand picked specific example using Hymen, as if the Oilers re-signed him because he had some great chemistry with and unlocked McDavid. I don't really blame you for pivoting from your position and back to thinly veiled pot shots. It was a bad position to take.

My guy, you can't even have a simple conversation without trying to take a pot shot at somebody. All you do is accuse others of the behavior that you yourself are perpetuating.

Even trying to have a conversation with you as a colossal waste of time, And I'm not going to be wasting any more of mine.

Nobody cares what makes you laugh as you're typing it, nobody cares what you think are terrible examples, all you do is insult people's points because you can't actually rebut them.

Every time you call my point stupid I take the win because it's proof that you can't actually answer the point back intelligently. You're a waste of time and space. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

My guy, you can't even have a simple conversation without trying to take a pot shot at somebody. All you do is accuse others of the behavior that you yourself are perpetuating.

Even trying to have a conversation with you as a colossal waste of time, And I'm not going to be wasting any more of mine.

Nobody cares what makes you laugh as you're typing it, nobody cares what you think are terrible examples, all you do is insult people's points because you can't actually rebut them.

Every time you call my point stupid I take the win because it's proof that you can't actually answer the point back intelligently. You're a waste of time and space. 

Everyone knows what they read on here, and everyone here can see you've escalated again rather than keeping it civil. I treat everyone with respect as long as they treat me the same.

If you think my legitimate counters to your points are insulting, that's not my problem. That's yours. You were wrong about Hyman, and my counter was legitimate w/o any kind of malice sent your way.

And, by the way, you said you were not going to debate me in this thread. How's that going?

• LMFAO 1

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Everyone knows what they read on here, and everyone here can see you've escalated again rather than keeping it civil. I treat everyone with respect as long as they treat me the same.

Yes, everyone can see this is bullshit lol. I escalated, as you're "laughing while you type" your reply. How civil of you. 

If you think my legitimate counters to your points are insulting, that's not my problem. That's yours. You were wrong about Hyman, and my counter was legitimate w

If you think my legitimate counters to your points are insulting, that's not my problem. That's yours. You were wrong about Hyman, and my counter was legitimate w/o any kind of malice sent your way.

Nah, wasn't wrong about Hyman. You missed the point. It's not about how many points Crosby or McDavid had. It's the fact that their teams looked a long time for wingers for those 2. These are stories that anyone paying attention to the league knew... The search for wingers for them was well documented.

But you couldn't concede a point, so you changed the conversation because it weakened your argument.

And, by the way, you said you were not going to debate me in this thread. How's that going? 

Sorry, when I see bullshit like "a $12 million player should be able to play with anyone", I have to call it out. Jagr, Nylander, Gomez, and Dubinsky all say "Hi".

Chemistry shouldn't be fucked with. You can point at Strome and say he was the the epitome of what was "wrong" and argue Tro is better, but he didn't put up better offensive numbers, the PP wasn't better, Panarin wasn't better, and the team didn't do better... And he costs more for longer.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Yes, everyone can see this is bullshit lol. I escalated, as you're "laughing while you type" your reply. How civil of you. 

Nah, wasn't wrong about Hyman. You missed the point. It's not about how many points Crosby or McDavid had. It's the fact that their teams looked a long time for wingers for those 2. These are stories that anyone paying attention to the league knew... The search for wingers for them was well documented.

But you couldn't concede a point, so you changed the conversation because it weakened your argument.

Sorry, when I see bullshit like "a $12 million player should be able to play with anyone", I have to call it out. Jagr, Nylander, Gomez, and Dubinsky all say "Hi".

Chemistry shouldn't be fucked with. You can point at Strome and say he was the the epitome of what was "wrong" and argue Tro is better, but he didn't put up better offensive numbers, the PP wasn't better, Panarin wasn't better, and the team didn't do better... And he costs more for longer.

Like I said:

I treat everyone with respect as long as they treat me the same.

• 1 month later...

Trocheck and Panarin, along with Lafreniere, have found chemistry. I’m not touching that line.

I am torn on Mika/Kreider. It’s horrible right now, but it’s gone through ruts before and recovered. I just don’t know or even recall if it’s ever been this bad at even strength. Zibanejads confidence has always been a big thing, and with his 5v5 play suffering, it’s even slipping into his effectiveness on the PP, where he hasn’t gotten a one-timer on net, by my count, since the fucking Kennedy administration.

The Zibanejad line may need a tweak, but I am not touching the Trocheck line. They’re in sync, producing and generating tons of high quality chances.