• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

What will all the liberal Ranger fans do if we do get Eichel? I just read he has very similar political views to DeAngelo and was forced to delete his previous twitter account after tweeting controversial views during the BLM riots. First thing I've heard about the guy that makes me want him, but I doubt the fanbase will be on board.

What will all the liberal Ranger fans do if we do get Eichel? I just read he has very similar political views to DeAngelo and was forced to delete his previous twitter account after tweeting controversial views during the BLM riots. First thing I've heard about the guy that makes me want him, but I doubt the fanbase will be on board.

Nothing, because this is a hockey team where the only thing that matters is:

a) can you play hockey and

b) are you a good teammate?

What makes you think anyone cares what his political views are?

There has to be something around this, no?

He's in a fucked up situation with his org. He's injured, he wants out, there's rumours about him EVERYWHERE and pre season is getting closer and now he decides to get a Twitter account?

I might read too much into this, but I think the timing here is kinda strange.

He's in a fucked up situation with his org. He's injured, he wants out, there's rumours about him EVERYWHERE and pre season is getting closer and now he decides to get a Twitter account?

I think you’re reading too much into it. BUT it is funny that it was reported as fake. Seems like it might have been created without his agent knowing. Twitter accounts don’t normally get a blue check mark if they’re fake. In fact, I’ve actually never seen that.

He's gonna start tweeting his medical records one page at a time

If my eyes rolled any harder I’d have a stroke.

He's gonna start tweeting his medical records one page at a time

Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to assume he's a pretty shitty teammate. Everyone's left, he's had coaches fired, now he's demanding a trade.

I mean, part of me would love to watch NYR Twitter twist themselves into knots after pining for him for months and months only to learn he likes the candidates they hate. There's definitely an entertainment factor there, but generally, I agree -- who gives a shit, really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a dream that I came on here and the rangers had made a major acquisition. Don’t think it was eichel though everyone was posting Swedish flags. Anyway, let’s see if I’m psychic and something gets done today.

HEN-RIK

The Tony DeAngelo debacle. He was hated by a large portion of the fanbase long before the Georgiev incident based on his political affiliation and considered racist. Eichel was apparently tweeting about property damage during the riots so I can't imagine that would be received well.

Was Vally on crack yesterday? What's the point of a tweet like that if he doesn't have some kind of information? He's not a blogger or a podcaster trying to get clicks he works for the team. Just seems odd.
To be fair, all the tweet said was he had a feeling... Rangers fans took it and ran with it.

(Thinks to self)

"please don't restart this

please don't restart this

please don't restart this "

I don't understand why this is any bug deal. He doesn't seem to use it. There's no likes, tweets or retweets. If he were talking shit then yeah sure. He reopened his Twitter. Big whoop.