• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Buffalo is so far off from needing that $5m in cap space that this type of deal should make sense to them.

It may take a while yet for Buffalo to get realistic about the return, so the drama may continue for some time.

Buffalo is so far off from needing that $5m in cap space that this type of deal should make sense to them.

It may take a while yet for Buffalo to get realistic about the return, so the drama may continue for some time.

everyday that goes by is another day he doesn't have his medical procedure. Meaning more likely to miss games, more teams move on giving less options driving his cost down.

The only reason this completely unrealistic fantasy would be tempting is that it allows you to go Zibanejad-Eichel 1-2 down the middle long term, while still having a strong set of wingers for them in Panarin, Lafreniere, Kravtsov and probably Chytil. But I doubt Buffalo, who hasn’t budged on anything, retains salary. And even if they did, I simply just do not want to move Kakko. This isn’t a trade we NEED to make. If it works for us, great. If not, g’bye.

I get that, but we’ve seen the organizational attitude towards its D.

They only want to pay RH guys at RD.

You only have 3 spots.

Trouba and Fox aren’t going anywhere.

And you have Schneider and Lundkvist.

Lundkvist is the better prospect, and it’s hard to see them playing all 4.

So you trade 1.

Then you trade Lundkvist because you have Fox and can't trade Trouba. Schneider plays a style none of our other D do.

I also agree Buffalo should retain as it's the Rangers taking all the risk if Eichel isn't the same or gets hurt again.

I get that, but we’ve seen the organizational attitude towards its D.

They only want to pay RH guys at RD.

You only have 3 spots.

Trouba and Fox aren’t going anywhere.

And you have Schneider and Lundkvist.

Lundkvist is the better prospect, and it’s hard to see them playing all 4.

So you trade 1.

Troubas contract goes from a NTC to a 15-team list the year Schneider will be due his next contract. Perfect timing

Not about cap, it’s about actual money. And that’s a lot for a small franchise to pay to trade away their superstar player

Trade the 19 year old with big offensive upside who also just finished as the 2nd best defensive forward in the entire NHL a year after being one of the worst? He should be entirely untouchable. Brooks is making shit up. There's also no way Buffalo retains 50%.

Trade the back-to-back 0.35 P/GP "upside" prospect for a five million dollar point-per-game center? Where do I sign? You want to keep selling hope, you do you. I'm selling wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trade the back-to-back 0.35 P/GP "upside" prospect for a five million dollar point-per-game center? Where do I sign? You want to keep selling hope, you do you. I'm selling wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Listen, it’s not happening. But if we got Eichel for 5m you send damn near anyone over there.

Listen, it’s not happening. But if we got Eichel for 5m you send damn near anyone over there.

Eichel at any price where keeping both him and Zib for ~4-5 years is send damn near anyone territory for me, that is not an opportunity that will ever come around again.

Lundkvist, Kakko, 1st for Eichel at 50%

Strome for Taransenko

For the next two seasons until Vlads contract is up, you have a top 6 of

Laf - Zib - Vlad

Bread - Eich - Krav

Replace Lundqvist with Jones and reunanen and a 2nd and I’m still alright with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk