• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

I dont know if this deal works without retention

at least if you plan on keeping Mika.

we would absolutely need to find a way to bridge Shesterkin on a short term lower cap deal and hope the cap goes up significantly (not out of the realm of possibility) shortly after.

What do we think Shesterkin signs for? If he signs a higher AAV long term deal, we're looking at under $20 mil to 22-23 cap space to pay Mika, Fox, a backup goalie and to fill out the roster. Shorter term, lower AAV bridge deal can help sign Mika but then we run into the same issue again, needing to get Igor, Laf, and Kravstov signed as well.

[quote=ThirtyONE;1082305the Rangers have never had a 1-2 punch at center like Eichel and Mika (even if it’s only for a season).

When? 5 months after surgery? Without surgery is he anything close to 100% at the start of the season? You can spend months rehabing a herniated disk (I've done it) and be back to square one after aggravating it while brushing your teeth (I've done it).

I went 4m for Kakko 2.6 for Kravtsov. I would have thought those might be a bit high, but not after recent signings.

I’m at 85, need a 4th liner, 13th forward and a backup goalie.

And no one coming off the books for Lafreniere and Miller to re-sign

Yeah. Even with retention, this is tight really quickly. You need Zib at under 8 and Eichel retained to make it work without dealing off Kreider or Trouba.

It's not impossible - I'm three rookie deals (3RW, 4RW/LW, Backup goalie) off with 1M in cap, but you need concessions from Zib, Fox, and maybe Kakko/Kravtsov to make it truly work. And even then here, you're moving on from Miller or Lafreniere in 2023 and your cap doesn't even remotely open until 2026 without a trade.

When? 5 months after surgery? Without surgery is he anything close to 100% at the start of the season? You can spend months rehabing a herniated disk (I've done it) and be back to square one after aggravating it while brushing your teeth (I've done it).

:COUGH COUGH:

Question. Any deal made would be pending Eichel passing a physical, correct? I am still so bothered by the hidden medical records and the neck issues.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/29/rangers-jack-eichel-interest-hangs-over-filip-chytil-signing/

Latest offer is Kravtsov, Jones, Georgiev and a 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strome might be a part of it too. If Buffalo is dealing a center, I thought they'd want a center in return. It kind of sucks seeing Kravtsov a part of it (if this is even true), though.

"Chytil’s skill set, at least at this point, does not include the ability to distribute the puck as a center or, from that perspective, to make his linemates better."

Larry's moved from stealing ideas, to copy/paste.

Or it's just obvious lol. I'm not a huge fan of Larry's articles that stir the pot for no good reason but I do think he usually has his finger on the pulse.

Pretty much. But at the same time some blurbs from his articles are basically word for word what is said here, so I don't know. lol

Pretty much. But at the same time some blurbs from his articles are basically word for word what is said here, so I don't know. lol

When we do our get together I'm inviting him!

Figure....what the fuck, why not?? He's up here probably more than anyone!!

And some of the things that are said here are word for word what's said on twitter or reddit. And they also claim that Larry is reading their tweets. So... We're all following closely. It's usually pretty clear what changes need to be made.

And some of the things that are said here are word for word what's said on twitter or reddit. And they also claim that Larry is reading their tweets. So... We're all following closely. It's usually pretty clear what changes need to be made.

lol That's true. I'm on the Rangers' sub Reddit quite a bit and they say the same stuff about Brooks sometimes. They also don't like Rick Carpinello either. It's kind of funny. But, yeah, nowadays with social media and whatnot, there are even more sources and information circulating.

lol That's true. I'm on the Rangers' sub Reddit quite a bit and they say the same stuff about Brooks sometimes. They also don't like Rick Carpinello either. It's kind of funny. But, yeah, nowadays with social media and whatnot, there are even more sources and information circulating.

I thought the Rangers subreddit was pretty reasonable until this summer. Now it's filled with whiney crybabies who have literally complained about every single move. Luckily I have this as my safe space lol

I thought the Rangers subreddit was pretty reasonable until this summer. Now it's filled with whiney crybabies who have literally complained about every single move. Luckily I have this as my safe space lol

You don’t have to be nice this place has whiney crybabies as well.

I kid. This place is by far the best simply because there’s a glut of informed posters. Anytime I check Reddit or read comments anywhere else I wanna leave this planet.

So true. Facebook and Reddit were complaining non-stop about the Reaves acquisition. Reaves may help, he may not, overall it's kind of a non-factor anyway. It's not going to kill this franchise going forward, so calm down, please. lol

I kid. This place is by far the best simply because there’s a glut of informed posters. Anytime I check Reddit or read comments anywhere else I wanna leave this planet.

Lol there are, but they're few in numbers and easy to spot.

• Like 1

LOL Yeah, this is the best place to discuss Rangers because, like you said, everyone is informed and not overly dramatic and rude.