• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

There's a disconnect here. I wouldn't trade Fox for Eichel one up. Fox will probably do more to help you win, his salary will max out at a couple of million below Eichel's and it won't reach that for several years.

Fox is a season away from being in the Norris conversation year after year. He’s simply not for sale. That’s not me speculating, that’s just simply the way it works. All things considered, he’s more valuable at this moment than Eichel.

If Buffalo trades Eichel their fans will 100% be disappointed in the return. Kakko, Laf, Fox, Miller aren’t going.

Fox is a season away from being in the Norris conversation year after year. He’s simply not for sale. That’s not me speculating, that’s just simply the way it works. All things considered, he’s more valuable at this moment than Eichel.

If Buffalo trades Eichel their fans will 100% be disappointed in the return. Kakko, Laf, Fox, Miller aren’t going.

....Brady who??? ;)

So from the Rangers they are probably looking for something like Chytil, Kravtsov, Schneider, and 2021 first. Not saying the Rangers do that, just what Buffalo would be looking for.

I think that's a reasonable trade. I could see them asking for maybe another pick (not necessarily a first but another high pick) and we might have to take an extra contract off their hands to even it out

Pretty much! I think its a reasonable ask actually

Yeah, me too. You aren't getting a top center in this league for peanuts. Obviously, Eichel is a huge upgrade over Chytil, who I do like as a player but is probably 3-4 years away from his peak, which will almost certainly be a tier below Eichel even with perfect development. Kravtsov is boom or bust. He probably needs top-6 minutes to develop, but it's not clear that he can leapfrog one of Buch or Kakko in the near term. Schneider they reached to get, but they are so stacked on defensive prospects, he's expendable.

And the package is probably as good as Buffalo is going to get as well.

So from the Rangers they are probably looking for something like Chytil, Kravtsov, Schneider, and 2021 first. Not saying the Rangers do that, just what Buffalo would be looking for.

I think you take out 1 and maybe add Buch/Strome to get you something in the line up now.

They should take DeAngelo, too. Because why the fuck not?

If I'm the Rangers, I'd pull the trigger on that, AJ!

I'm not sure if Eichel has publicly come out and said he wants outta there yet, but if/when he does, then you add in the situation of that full NMC kicking in after next season, Buffalo's hand may be forced, and they may even get less than that if they're not careful. Their GM is still pretty green too, so it's going to be very interesting to see how this whole situation works out.

I think you take out 1 and maybe add Buch/Strome to get you something in the line up now.

They should take DeAngelo, too. Because why the fuck not?

It would actually help offset the dollars. If they don't want him on their team, they can just buy him out this summer the same way the Rangers would have. He never has to play for them.

It would actually help offset the dollars. If they don't want him on their team, they can just buy him out this summer the same way the Rangers would have. He never has to play for them.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he fits in their locker room which has to be filled with contempt and/or contention at this point.

These deals rarely work out in a apples to apples manner.. The side dealing the disgruntled star has to attempt to recoup value in the aggregate. You trade a dollar, you hope to get 2 quarters, a couple of dimes, a nickel, and some draft capital that you hope gets you back to square.

This is the Nash deal, ask for the moon, but ultimately settle for much less.

Fuck that, give them ADA, Kravtsov, Strome, Schneider + 2021 first.

That’s 3 first rounders and a Veteran who is still young. That would be the best I’d do.

We're getting away from the fact that, as a practical matter, they can't do both Eichel and Zib, and Zib, although it's early, seems to be regaining his form. Eichel, coming off multiple injuries, is also an uncertain proposition.

Honestly, I think the trade only makes sense for us if u substitute a Kravtsov for Buch. We have to trade away a contract of real tangibility or Eichels contract hinders us within a couple of years. Need to keep a cost controlled guy. I'd personally just stay the course but that's just me.

We're getting away from the fact that, as a practical matter, they can't do both Eichel and Zib, and Zib, although it's early, seems to be regaining his form. Eichel, coming off multiple injuries, is also an uncertain proposition.

You can have both Eichel and Zib, if Zib is at 7.5-8M instead of 10-11

Honestly, I think the trade only makes sense for us if u substitute a Kravtsov for Buch. We have to trade away a contract of real tangibility or Eichels contract hinders us within a couple of years. Need to keep a cost controlled guy. I'd personally just stay the course but that's just me.

I agree. I'm anti sending a bunch of pieces to Buffalo for Eichel.

You can have both Eichel and Zib, if Zib is at 7.5-8M instead of 10-11

If Zib has a good second half, his price would be at least 9 I think. Even at 8, if you add that to 11 for Panarin, 8 for Trouba, 6.5 for Kreider, 10 for Eichel, and very substantial contracts for Fox, Sheshty, Miller, and Lindren as they come off of entry contracts, it just doesn't work with the cap flat. Not unless you want to have a dearth of good 4-5 million a year soldiers in favor of scrap heap reclamations and entry level green guys to fill out the roster below the stars.

If Zib has a good second half, his price would be at least 9 I think. Even at 8, if you add that to 11 for Panarin, 8 for Trouba, 6.5 for Kreider, 10 for Eichel, and very substantial contracts for Fox, Sheshty, Miller, and Lindren as they come off of entry contracts, it just doesn't work with the cap flat. Not unless you want to have a dearth of good 4-5 million a year soldiers in favor of scrap heap reclamations and entry level green guys to fill out the roster below the stars.

Shestekin, Miller and Lindgren are not in danger of getting big contracts right now. Fox, yes. But everyone else is putting up very average numbers.