• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Wonder why or wonder if?

It definitely isn't. We don't have a single legitimate C prospect.

Chytil is that guy for all intents and purposes. From there, I think the next one on the list is Morgan Barron, then Henriksson/Vierling.

I think it's more that the 1c stand-in will be the 2021 1st or the guy we take with the 2021 1st.

They dont need a potential #1C, they have Cozens. You can expect them to want Chytil (C Prospect that can play now) and/or Strome (temporary stop gap)

If they want Strome instead of Chytil, even better. Chytil will be cheaper for some time, and probably has a higher ceiling.

If they want Strome instead of Chytil, even better. Chytil will be cheaper for some time, and probably has a higher ceiling.

Well its not going to be "Strome or Chytil"

It's more like Strome + Miller or Chytil + Robertson

I'd be very, very hesitant to move Chytil, even for Eichel. I know he's not the player Eichel is, but in just a few games back he's already reestablished his importance to the team, and we're hurting for future centers as it is. Strome doesn't factor into long term plans IMO. Chytil is gonna be a special player.

Same goes for Miller. I just don't see how moving him makes us better.

I'd be very, very hesitant to move Chytil, even for Eichel. I know he's not the player Eichel is, but in just a few games back he's already reestablished his importance to the team, and we're hurting for future centers as it is. Strome doesn't factor into long term plans IMO. Chytil is gonna be a special player.

Well, Eichel is better than Chytil and will likely always be. Miller can be replaced by Lundkvist. Eichel + Zib makes the team one of the deepest in the league over the next 5+ years (so long as Zib is eventually resigned).

They're prospect pool is weak for potential top-6 Cs. They have a large group of future bottom 6 centers. Howden, Barron (bc people like to include him as a C), Veirling, Tarnstrom, Edstrom, Henriksson, AHL group of Brodzinski, Newell, Richards, Khoderenko

Well, Eichel is better than Chytil and will likely always be. Miller can be replaced by Lundkvist. Eichel + Zib makes the team one of the deepest in the league over the next 5+ years (so long as Zib is eventually resigned).

Does Lundkvist play the left? That's would be a nice solve considering if he comes over next year you still have Fox and Trouba ahead of him on the right.

Miller is just so interesting, it's hard to believe they would deal him.

He's shown some cracks lately, in fact, he's getting torched on transition, and selling high on hope and promise may be a good idea, but if he pans out...

That's what I'm looking at. Eichel/Zib 1/2 punch. Figure the rest out.

Right now, if I were guessing, I would estimate a Zibanejad extension around 7.5-8m AAV, which is a nice discount from the 10-10.5m I thought he was on track for. That's more in line with very good 2c money rather than 1c money. Between that and Eichel's 10 million, I would have no problem investing 18 million combined in our top 2 centers.

Eichel/Zib/Strome you'd be set for 6-8 years.

Just gotta cut back on Strome's ice time and suppress his numbers. He'll understand.

You may also want to hope the NHL does away with face-offs and moves to a corner kick system.

• Like 1

I wouldn't trade Miller...until maybe he's 36 years old. That kid is only a few games experience into his NHL career, and he's already playing very good NHL defense. He's going to make more mistakes along the way, as does every rookie, but overall, I'm very pleased with him, and I think he should have a very long and successful career as a Ranger.

Right now, if I were guessing, I would estimate a Zibanejad extension around 7.5-8m AAV, which is a nice discount from the 10-10.5m I thought he was on track for. That's more in line with very good 2c money rather than 1c money. Between that and Eichel's 10 million, I would have no problem investing 18 million combined in our top 2 centers.

Not at all. Center is the position to invest in.

with that kind of offense, im not sure we need defense at all

I still gotta wonder why they traded up for Braden Schneider when there were some pretty good centers left on the board - unless he was always to be trade chattel.

JD and JG talked extensively this summer that they like his game, his style of play. "All of the playoff teams" had "guys like this" making an impact every game. Even in the draft room, prior to the pick, they had their eyes on him and moved up to get him.

Even with their later picks, they were 'safe' with their center selections and avoided those boom or bust guys.

At the time of the draft, Strome was still unsigned. They said they had looked at moving him (in a package) for, what we can assume, is a younger C. Regardless, they did not seem to be focused on drafting a C to come in and make an impact anytime soon.