• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS Discussion

Parsley

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I really need to thank the Giants at least for making my Bears brutal loss feel lightly less as bad. 

I was thinking of you yesterday, Big man!!  Not the start you were looking for at all!!  Thank God Denver bites the big one, and my filthy Raiders got an early "W", before we roll into Buffalo next week for a wake up call!  LOL

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I was thinking of you yesterday, Big man!!  Not the start you were looking for at all!!  Thank God Denver bites the big one, and my filthy Raiders got an early "W", before we roll into Buffalo next week for a wake up call!  LOL

I actually watched a lot of the Raiders game. I paid for the YouTube football package. Pretty cool to be honest. That one guy nearl6 got killed at the end there but walked off on his own thankfully. 

• Like 1

The Giants are going to get pummeled by the 49ers on Thursday, but for now it's a good feeling. After the 9ers game, they just have to remain competitive enough to give time for guys to gel. The OL has to gel a lot more, clearly. The defense has to gel a lot more. I'd expect the team to get better as the season goes, but the 9ers are in a different class of teams right now.

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Giants are going to get pummeled by the 49ers on Thursday, but for now it's a good feeling. After the 9ers game, they just have to remain competitive enough to give time for guys to gel. The OL has to gel a lot more, clearly. The defense has to gel a lot more. I'd expect the team to get better as the season goes, but the 9ers are in a different class of teams right now.

I think Barkley is out for that one, so it might be a rough one to get the ball moving.  But I still like Danny Dimes back there....kinda reminds me of a young Eli a little.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think Barkley is out for that one, so it might be a rough one to get the ball moving.  But I still like Danny Dimes back there....kinda reminds me of a young Eli a little.

He’s tough as balls all the way around. Physically, mentally. Kid has what it takes to be a Super Bowl winning QB. The team just has to catch up to it

• TroCheckmark 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Toilet Bowl

I was thinking Poopy Bowl for Snoopy Bowl but Pooper Bowl for Super Bowl works just as well.  🙂

I just freaking hate watching the Jets play at this point.  It's not that they lose all the time like they used too but they are so boring win or lose.  It's like watching corn grow with the occasional random corn-holing thrown in just to remind me that this is the Jets after all.

I hope the Giants never get this bad for you.

• LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I was thinking Poopy Bowl for Snoopy Bowl but Pooper Bowl for Super Bowl works just as well.  🙂

I just freaking hate watching the Jets play at this point.  It's not that they lose all the time like they used too but they are so boring win or lose.  It's like watching corn grow with the occasional random corn-holing thrown in just to remind me that this is the Jets after all.

I hope the Giants never get this bad for you.

The Giants have been borderline unwatchable for a while now.  What a fall from grace this franchise has had.  Thank goodness I have college football to keep me sane.  And now hockey.  

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The Giants have been borderline unwatchable for a while now.  What a fall from grace this franchise has had.  Thank goodness I have college football to keep me sane.  And now hockey.  

Turns out Eli was pretty good even though he threw too many picks and didn't complete a high percentage of his passes.

Watching as an outside fan, I have to say, the reactions in the bar to this game were absolutely priceless.  I've never seen so many people with their faces in their palms since...well, 2014 (I'm not saying the name!!).

This one was actually so bad to watch that it became funny!

I swear I thought the Jets missed the FG at the end...looked wide left!

Sad to see that one end.  It was a comedy of horrors!!!  😃

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Last we checked in on our zeroes, they were blowing it up and heading for the first pick.

Winning next week puts them in striking distance of a wildcard spot.

Tommy DeVito is somehow the best quarterback in NY. 

I don't understand football anymore.

Probably one of the best games in the NFL I've seen this season.  I'm no Giants fan, but how do you not root and feel good for DeVito?  The guy was fabulous last night!

His celebration with Daboll as the game ended last night was great!!

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Probably one of the best games in the NFL I've seen this season.  I'm no Giants fan, but how do you not root and feel good for DeVito?  The guy was fabulous last night!

His celebration with Daboll as the game ended last night was great!!

As a Giants fan, it's a mixed bag. They were spiraling toward a top 2 pick in a draft headlined by a pair of top-tier, could completely change the direction of the franchise QBs. Now, they're somehow a win out of the wildcard.

The problem is still that they're just not a good team. There's no joy in making the playoffs and being bulldozed by the NFC #2 - there's absolutely no joy in it if it's the Eagles or the Cowboys. It's almost a fool's errand to try. And, yeah, DeVito's a fun story, but it's not "oh, we found this dude on the scrap heap and look at that, he's saving the season" so much as it is "This guy is Alex Smithing his way to moderate relevance and keeping us from doing the things we need to do to win long term."

The story of Tommy DeVito and how he's willed the Giants from the depths of awful to the brink of mediocrity is linked to the story of Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. I'd put good money down that they will win over our momma's boy in the long run.

• Bullseye 2

DeVito is not saving the season unless your definition of save is 8-9 or 9-8.  That's a #14 or #17 pick instead of top 5.

The only guys that managed to turn into much recently with his pedigree were Tony Romo and Kurt Warner.  Tom Brady doesn't count because being good enough to start for Michigan for a couple of years gave him a significantly better pedigree than DeVito's.

I feel for you guys because it's likely all cotton candy about to be gone on the tongue.

21 minutes ago, Br4d said:

DeVito is not saving the season unless your definition of save is 8-9 or 9-8.  That's a #14 or #17 pick instead of top 5.

The only guys that managed to turn into much recently with his pedigree were Tony Romo and Kurt Warner.  Tom Brady doesn't count because being good enough to start for Michigan for a couple of years gave him a significantly better pedigree than DeVito's.

I feel for you guys because it's likely all cotton candy about to be gone on the tongue.

Hence why I said he is simultaneously ruining the season...

• Like 1

Daniel Jones is guaranteed 40 million next year.  Not sure they'd take a qb.  They won't make the playoffs.  They have the Eagles twice.  They'll probably get 8-9-10 and that's fine.

If they would draft properly that would be enough.  3 first round offensive lineman and the O Line stinks.  Taking Jones too early when he's still likely to be there with their next pick. 

If you want a QB I think Jayden Daniels may be there and I have a hunch he's just as good.  Reminds me of Hurts.

Ride the wave and have fun.  Like  Herm Edwards said...." You play to win the game".