• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS Discussion

Parsley

11 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I'm still at full mast after that one. 

Jones proving doubters wrong.

Jones proving Giant's front office wrong.  They are going to have to pay him big time after denying to pick up his option.

My only gripe with the Jones pick was you could have had him in the second round...and I still believe that to be true.  Can't prove it at this point.  

Edited by Bieser

25 minutes ago, Bieser said:

Jones proving Giant's front office wrong.  They are going to have to pay him big time after denying to pick up his option.

My only gripe with the Jones pick was you could have had him in the second round...and I still believe that to be true.  Can't prove it at this point.  

I am eating crow, myself.  I was a big Jones hater.  I think that the crux of my hatred for him was that he was a wasted top 10 pick.  He absolutely could have been had with their third 1st round pick and they could have used that first 1st rounder on another piece like Hockenson or Williams.  But hey, Jones is starting to look like he is fitting the bill and I would rather be proven wrong than proven correct.  We shall see.  Go Gmen

1 hour ago, Bieser said:

Mistake not to pick the option up, obviously. I know it sounds like Monday morning quarterbacking, but at the time they declined the option I was of the belief that they should have picked it up. I thought if Jones sucked, then they would have to do a legitimate all in push at the draft for a young rookie QB. They wouldn’t have been good anyway and the $22M blown cap on Jones or whatever it was for another year really wouldn’t matter. On the flip side, if he succeeded…well here we are. He’s going to get $35mill and it will cost them an upgrade or two at other positions. Or it might cost them Barkley. Not really how you want to follow up on a competitive season.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1

Hoping for the the reverse jinx here but their getting their shit kicked in so bad this could be over at the half. There is no sign they have any shot of stopping them on defense. Smells like a curb stomping.

Now gimmie that crow, please.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Hoping for the the reverse jinx here but their getting their shit kicked in so bad this could be over at the half. There is no sign they have any shot of stopping them on defense. Smells like a curb stomping.

Now gimmie that crow, please.

No bueno! This is where the talent gap manifests itself. Great coaching can only do so much. It was a good year and will be interesting to see what Schoen does to improve the roster.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

Incredibly disappointing but still a successful season IMO. I don’t even think management expected to make playoffs. I know I didn’t lol

They should have a better idea of what’s needed now. 

They need alot of everything to compete in this division. Eagles (10th pick in the draft coming up) are loaded. Cowboys are talented. Giants need a lot. Let’s hope they build on successes next year. 

10 minutes ago, Parsley said:

They need alot of everything to compete in this division. Eagles (10th pick in the draft coming up) are loaded. Cowboys are talented. Giants need a lot. Let’s hope they build on successes next year. 

I have faith in Schoen. I expect him to build properly and not try to rush it. He’s also got a cap to fix. They’ll do it right.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Shane Falco said:

I have faith in Schoen. I expect him to build properly and not try to rush it. He’s also got a cap to fix. They’ll do it right.

The way too early thoughts on next year are that the Giants will take a step back. I don’t see the necessary cap available to do the kinds of moves that are required. Combine that with what should be a more difficult schedule than this season. But anything can happen.

Interior OL and WR should be a priority. It pains me to say it, but they probably have to let Barkley walk. You don’t win or build properly by paying a RB the kind of money he’ll get on the open market. They’ll pay Jones and it will be imperative to protect that investment and give him the weapons to succeed.

• Like 1

Tough one fellas!!  I really wanted to see them pull this one off.  Overall you guys had a very successful season, and I think it's onward and upward from here.  Hopefully they plug some holes in the D during the off-season, and get DJ some toys to play with on offense.

Your coach is a good dude!!  I think he's gonna be a mainstay there!!

Great work though this season, guys!

• Cheers 2
  • Applause 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:09 AM, rmc51 said:

The way too early thoughts on next year are that the Giants will take a step back. I don’t see the necessary cap available to do the kinds of moves that are required. Combine that with what should be a more difficult schedule than this season. But anything can happen.

Interior OL and WR should be a priority. It pains me to say it, but they probably have to let Barkley walk. You don’t win or build properly by paying a RB the kind of money he’ll get on the open market. They’ll pay Jones and it will be imperative to protect that investment and give him the weapons to succeed.

I love Barkley. I can understand the argument for letting him walk. I guess it really comes down to the window Schoen and Co have in mind with this rebuild. Because if you let a talent like that walk, you're stuck trying to fill it in with guys in FA who will come up short. Saquon was a huge part of this year's offense. 

Tough choices for a young GM, but I like what he's been saying so far. Seems he's much more level headed then what the Giants have had before (see gettlefuck) Anxious to see how it plays out.