• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Let's Try This Again

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on here? Strange decision making with the puck. Just stupid passing. Lazy pussy stuff like passing the puck to a guy 2 feet away with a guy on him by Fast.

DeAngelo trying the cross ice when the forward is tied up, yet he himself has a clear path to the net..

???

Yeah, I guess you guys were right. Igor gives them the best chance to win, because he's the only goalie capable of making superhuman saves.

but when you're a team that needs a goalie that constantly has to make superhuman saves, then you're not a very good team.

That's how I see it too. Igor is definitely at that elite level that Lundqvist was when he entered the league, fully capable of making superhuman saves on a night in night out basis to compensate for a sloppy defensive team. Without that powerhouse teams can easily light them up on the scoreboard and then the rest of the team quickly loses confidence too.

That's how I see it too. Igor is definitely at that elite level that Lundqvist was when he entered the league, fully capable of making superhuman saves on a night in night out basis to compensate for a sloppy defensive team. Without that powerhouse teams can easily light them up on the scoreboard and then the rest of the team quickly loses confidence too.

But that's also no way to win, even if it's the only way you can win, ya know?

Like you can't be a sieve even with Igor in there. It's unsustainable. It just makes you the Leafs.

But that's also no way to win, even if it's the only way you can win, ya know?

Like you can't be a sieve even with Igor in there. It's unsustainable. It just makes you the Leafs.

Pretty much. Only difference between us and the Leafs is that they have more firepower to score themselves out of trouble.

I think you missed Pete's point there. Completely.

I think you missed Pete's point there. Completely.

Meh, I think we've all known for a couple seasons even since Lundqvist got into the mid 30s that simply being a good goalie, and no longer having superhuman reflexes, was not going to compensate for the Rangers weaknesses in other areas.