• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Let's Try This Again

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hajek and Rykov aren't currently better than Staal and Smith.

They only have two callups remaining for the entire season. They're not going to waste one on a player who isn't better than anyone on the NHL roster.

They didn't add anyone at the deadline because they're not competing. They're competing to make the playoffs, not win the cup. Gorton and Davidson know better than to waste assets on a season that isn't going to go very far.

I can't see depth for a playoff push as a waste. And with injuries they absolutely need to step up and do something.

Staal is really bad lately. I don't think it's a stretch to say either kid could absolutely challenge him for his spot.

We've heard the whole gamete of excuses for goals given up by Hank, this is the newest one. He hasn't played. Amazing.

I assume you were expecting him to go back to his Game 7s form after a month of not playing.

• Like 1

I can't see depth for a playoff push as a waste.

I do and apparently the organization agreed. They're not in a position to be sacrificing any assets for short-term contributions on a team that isn't a cup contender.

And with injuries they absolutely need to step up and do something.

They can't trade for anyone. They can't sign anyone. No one is a significant improvement in Hartford. They are what they are.

Staal is really bad lately. I don't think it's a stretch to say either kid could absolutely challenge him for his spot.

Rykov is slow. Hajek has worse decision-making than Staal. Pick your poison.

if we chalk this up to rust and get lundqvist more starts, most likely scenario is we get first half of season lundqvist, where georgiev and lundqvist were basically equivalent in performance. you can hope that lundqvist finds the fountain of youth for a few weeks and has a great stretch run. if he gets hot and shows flashes of greatness past, awesome. from what i’ve seen this year that seems pretty unlikely.

coaches watch practices too... and my guess is there are good reasons why georgiev is getting lots of starts.

Krappo with another stellar game. Earning him the lowest TOI of all the forwards.

A game/weekend to forget for sure. Seems like we're down to a two man team up front with Zib/Panarin. Not much else to like in these last two and a whole lot to strongly dislike.

As for Hank not his fault today but I'm hoping he gets discouraged enough with the situation that he either agrees to get moved in the off season (if there would even be any takers) or he walks away.

if we chalk this up to rust and get lundqvist more starts, most likely scenario is we get first half of season lundqvist, where georgiev and lundqvist were basically equivalent in performance. you can hope that lundqvist finds the fountain of youth for a few weeks and has a great stretch run. if he gets hot and shows flashes of greatness past, awesome. from what i’ve seen this year that seems pretty unlikely.

coaches watch practices too... and my guess is there are good reasons why georgiev is getting lots of starts.

This is fair, but Geo just gave up 5 to the same team...Because the team played like trash in front of him.

The situation is, today, that both these goalies are only as good as the team in front of them and it does no good to keep one on the shelf for a month and then dust him off in a must win game.

Hank should have taken a conditioning assignment.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's less than a 0.0 chance he would ever agree to go to Hartford or for that matter the org would ever even think about doing it. I mean just think about that for a second. I get the frustration but that's a crazy thought. Need to pray that Igor recovers quickly.

Painful weekend but I think everyone expected things to get tough given the quality of the opponents coming up in March and the Flyers are miles ahead of the Rangers at the moment. Still after the run they were on, I was hopeful to have at least gotten a win or even one loser point out of these two games.

Or they can rebound well, we shall see

Yeah after everything Quinn has been saying about this team being able to shake off a loss, let's just hope the Flyers are a terrible matchup for them, and they can somehow rebound strongly against STL by reverting to their February form.

No need to panic boys - we lost to a better team after an unbelievable stretch of play. All we could ask for is meaningful hockey down the stretch and that’s exactly what we have. Next one up is another playoff game so keep jamming the kids and let them get the experience they will need next year and beyond