• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Let's Try This Again

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight being 20/20 if you were going to start Lundqvist Friday would have been better.

Right. No reason to to B2B Geo there, because if you lose (and they did), you create a must win for a goalie coming off 30 days hiatus.

Going back further, the smart thing is to start Lundy in MTL and then Geo Fri/Sun vs Flyers.

Still not understanding why Hajek or Rykov are not up with the team. Staal and Smith are just brutal tonight. We have forwards skating backwards to the point they are infront of their own net, because these two aren't skating.

I'm really not sure why the Rangers have such a shallow roster. No reserves. No competition. Kreider goes down and they replace him on the roster with nobody. Nobody! I'm not even sure why they didn't add anyone at the deadline. They have a huge chunk of cap space to finish out the season no? Are there any free agents worth bringing in at this point? Any has beens? Old guys? Something? Anything?

Still not understanding why Hajek or Rykov are not up with the team. Staal and Smith are just brutal tonight. We have forwards skating backwards to the point they are infront of their own net, because these two aren't skating.

I'm really not sure why the Rangers have such a shallow roster. No reserves. No competition. Kreider goes down and they replace him on the roster with nobody. Nobody! I'm not even sure why they didn't add anyone at the deadline. They have a huge chunk of cap space to finish out the season no? Are there any free agents worth bringing in at this point? Any has beens? Old guys? Something? Anything?

Hajek and Rykov aren't currently better than Staal and Smith.

They only have two callups remaining for the entire season. They're not going to waste one on a player who isn't better than anyone on the NHL roster.

They didn't add anyone at the deadline because they're not competing. They're competing to make the playoffs, not win the cup. Gorton and Davidson know better than to waste assets on a season that isn't going to go very far.

These last two games have been really deflating. I don't know how Hank can play any more games, other than a back to backs. He just didn't make a single tough save. They also need to figure out these lines. Kreider is out for the season. The plan going into this one was odd.

These last two games have been really deflating. I don't know how Hank can play any more games, other than a back to backs. He just didn't make a single tough save. They also need to figure out these lines. Kreider is out for the season. The plan going into this one was odd.

Assuming Shesty is out for the regular season, Hank needs to play more, not less...or the exact same thing is going to happen. It's 30 days of inaction, and then getting thrown into a must-win game.

We've heard the whole gamete of excuses for goals given up by Hank, this is the newest one. He hasn't played. Amazing.

Did you watch the game? 4 of the 5 goals were gimmes. Defenders sitting right there and making no attempt to lift a stick or knock anyone down.

The NBC has talked about rust all game. Quinn was even asked about it.

It's not amazing, it's common sense.

It's amazing that anyone would put this loss on Liundqvist.

Stempniak?

Matt Moulson?

Pominville?

Vanek?

Jamie McGinn?

There's a bunch of former NHL "talent" that haven't signed or retired that could easily walk on this team and be depth. Granted these names aren't going to make or break a roster, but WTF are they doing with this seasons cap space? Why is the 4th line so comical? Why no reserves? Haley and Mckegg... Why?