• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

36 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

In my experience, under 1 was pretty easy flying. My kid could barely walk and didn't have the same energy and desire for freedom he does now.

Once they can walk, forget it. Get seats for them, keep them fed, and try to distract them as much as humanly possible.

theyre basically running at this point lol. so yeah we're just gonna get them snacked up nd watching shows

I will say, 3 nonths tonororw for Kaia. She has changed a lot.

ahe usually goes to bed aeound 7pm, wakes up at midniggt for a feeding, rhen back to bed usually til 6 or so. Arounf 70% of the time this is how the night goes.  The other 30% she doesn't cooperate but we can deal with that. I notice that if you engage her more in tje day time she is a lot more tired at night and sleeps longer.

Also, around 2 months she started with her vision improving to the point of looking directly at you, recognizing you, and smiling at things we do. Thats been absolutely amazing to see. That first time you see her smile melts you in every possible way. When I sing to her she gets super excited and smiles from ear to ear. It's so fucking amazing. 

20230625_135310.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

doing our first flight with the twins at the end of the month. luckily it only like an hour flight to VA but really hoping it goes ok. hopefully a few sesame street eps get us through it

I’m flying next month with a 1 y.o. and an almost 4 y.o. We have an hour and forty layover both ways. It’s like an hour flight - layover - another hour flight.

I’m terrified.

Edited by BrooksBurner

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m flying next month with a 1 y.o. and an almost 4 y.o. We have an hour and forty layover both ways. It’s like an hour flight - layover - another hour flight.

I’m terrified.

Cheapass won’t buy a direct flight lol pfffft

• LMFAO 1

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m terrified.

Buy a bunch of ear plugs to give to the other passengers lol

We're going to Richmond VA to visit my brother and meet our new niece. Originally we thought the only flight was going to be from Westchester to go to norfolk. (we live in albany so we'd drive down) but the only flight would leave at 830 at night. then we'd have to rent a car, put in car seats. it would have been an absolute nightmare and we were gonna just drive the full 12 hours or so it would take to make that trip. Somehow even worse

I randomly learned there's an airport in Islip that has direct flights to RIchmond and leaves in the afternoon. total game changer

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Cheapass won’t buy a direct flight lol pfffft

Hah! If only.

Raleigh is a smaller airport and has way fewer options for non stop to a lot of locations. The only nonstop flights for where we are going was through Frontier (no thanks), and the flight times were horrific with respect to the kids’ schedule anyway. It was fly with a layover and be done in 5 hours, or spend 13-14 hours driving with a probable hotel stay halfway through.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Buy a bunch of ear plugs to give to the other passengers lol

We're going to Richmond VA to visit my brother and meet our new niece. Originally we thought the only flight was going to be from Westchester to go to norfolk. (we live in albany so we'd drive down) but the only flight would leave at 830 at night. then we'd have to rent a car, put in car seats. it would have been an absolute nightmare and we were gonna just drive the full 12 hours or so it would take to make that trip. Somehow even worse

I randomly learned there's an airport in Islip that has direct flights to RIchmond and leaves in the afternoon. total game changer

MacArthur airport. When my mom flies in to see me, she tries to land there 

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I’d jump in and say hi 🙂

Dad here myself. 4 year old daughter and son is 2 in October. Quite a handful but great kids and we have a lot of fun.

The only war is telling them its bedtime, they dont like it lol

I would love to expose them to playing hockey. A few times I played highlights on the TV and they had a blast. I wonder how I can get them playing. Maybe a simple net in the driveway and some kid sticks

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

So we had originally ordered a Miku baby camera for the nursery but we didn’t try to set it up until a month ago to discover that it didn’t work. We were SOL with the Best Buy return and when researching, we learned that the company is in real trouble of folding due to a lot of technical problems with products. Mind you, this is a $300 high end camera that detects breathing without any devices on the baby like the Owlet or Nanit 

last ditch effort we found a company link for a replacement. Initiated and it arrived yesterday. This one works and holy shit this camera is pretty freaking amazing. Total game changer. Let’s hope this doesn’t break as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Flights with twin babies was a good success. some fussing on the way there but not enough to truly disrupt any other passengers.

the flight back, my son slept on me the entire time, from take off to landing.

the drive back to my dads place in the city though ended up taking an hour 45 and he screamed the whole way lol. 

• Applause 2

51 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Flights with twin babies was a good success. some fussing on the way there but not enough to truly disrupt any other passengers.

the flight back, my son slept on me the entire time, from take off to landing.

the drive back to my dads place in the city though ended up taking an hour 45 and he screamed the whole way lol. 

Just went up to visit our friends about 2-2.5hrs upstate and both the drive there and drive back we had to pull over and take the kid out for a bit because he was losing his shit. 

you couldn’t pay me to get on a flight with him lol

glad you survived though 

32 minutes ago, siddious said:

Just went up to visit our friends about 2-2.5hrs upstate and both the drive there and drive back we had to pull over and take the kid out for a bit because he was losing his shit. 

you couldn’t pay me to get on a flight with him lol

glad you survived though 

thanks! not sure how you feel about screen time with the kid but we basicaly just said fuck it and downloaded some sesame street episodes on a tablet and hoped elmo did the parenting for a bit lol

• Applause 1

6 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

thanks! not sure how you feel about screen time with the kid but we basicaly just said fuck it and downloaded some sesame street episodes on a tablet and hoped elmo did the parenting for a bit lol

As long as you're not doing that every day, it's fine. Congrats on the travels!

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Oh we gave up on that a while ago but luckily he only watches for a few minutes anyway so it doesn’t help too much.  He just likes to move around and unfortunately you can’t do too much of that in the car. 

My wife is 40 weeks pregnant with a busted ass arm. You better believe Elmo is raising our child. We'll deal with the trauma later. 

• Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

My wife is 40 weeks pregnant with a busted ass arm. You better believe Elmo is raising our child. We'll deal with the trauma later. 

there are worse replacement caregivers lol

ive gotten most sesame street songs completely burned in my memory now to the point i walk around singing the sesame street ABCs and the letter of the day song

good luck!

there are worse replacement caregivers lol

ive gotten most sesame street songs completely burned in my memory now to the point i walk around singing the sesame street ABCs and the letter of the day song

good luck!

Yepp I don’t even remember what adult music sounds like 

• 1 month later...