• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

We have another Ranger fan in the house! I'd like to welcome baby Kaia to the world. She was born early this morning at 1223am. She is 6 lbs 8 Oz. Both mom and baby are doing great! 

Dad is just like holy shit lol 

20230412_022744.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 5
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

We have another Ranger fan in the house! I'd like to welcome baby Kaia to the world. She was born early this morning at 1223am. She is 6 lbs 8 Oz. Both mom and baby are doing great! 

20230412_022744.jpg

Congrats, and welcome to the fraternal order of dads. May your jokes be corny and your recliner be forever indented.

She's beautiful.

• Like 1

Congratulations!! Make sure to appreciate every day and moment. They will not last forever. Internal dialogue when she won't stop crying- "I will not be able to get these moments back." Time flies from here brother; enjoy every second of it!!!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me and to my family. Still weird as fuck and I cant wait til she's old enough to watch some hockey!  Momma was a bit of a tomboy so between the three of us, sports will always be in the cards lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Someone tell me how the fuck to get this demon of a child to actually sleep? She hunts the nipple more than I do after a full night of drinking. And when she doesn’t wanna feed, she only will sleep if you have her in your arms. This is nuts lol 

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Someone tell me how the fuck to get this demon of a child to actually sleep? She hunts the nipple more than I do after a full night of drinking. And when she doesn’t wanna feed, she only will sleep if you have her in your arms. This is nuts lol 

Sounds like you know. 

But in all seriousness, make sure she's latching and actually drinking. She could be hungry. Avery would fall asleep trying to drink and not actually get good feedings. We noticed she didn't have a diaper for a day and she lost weight too. We had to feed her 2 oz by syringe every 2 hours for 3-4 days and it turns out she had tongue tie. 

None of this should freak you out, it's all very common.

And for Christ sakes if you talk to your wife about it, don't lead with "the guys on the forum said..."

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 2

On 4/12/2023 at 1:34 PM, Keirik said:

20230412_022744.jpg

Congrats 

I know the baby blankets at the hospital are pretty much the same across the country. But...   They do look Ranger themed. LOL. 

• Thanks 1

So I had a friend today that is pregnant with her first try to give me some advice. I’m like “lady, that’s nice you watched a YouTube video of what to do but I’m in the midst of an all out attack in the trenches. You can stop right now.” 

the struggle is real. 

• Keeps it 100 1

15 hours ago, Keirik said:

So I had a friend today that is pregnant with her first try to give me some advice. I’m like “lady, that’s nice you watched a YouTube video of what to do but I’m in the midst of an all out attack in the trenches. You can stop right now.” 

the struggle is real. 

Everyone will try to give advice ......and I mean EVERYONE.....they usually start with "You should" do or try this or that. I've learned over the years that trying new things can work sometimes but go with your gut and don't try to emulate others. A lot of the time people are trying to be helpful but everyone's situation is different. You gotta do what works for you.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • TroCheckmark 1

On 4/20/2023 at 5:16 PM, jsm7302 said:

Everyone will try to give advice ......and I mean EVERYONE.....

. A lot of the time people are trying to be helpful but everyone's situation is different. You gotta do what works for you.

Exactly. 

On 4/20/2023 at 5:16 PM, jsm7302 said:

Everyone will try to give advice ......and I mean EVERYONE.....they usually start with "You should" do or try this or that. I've learned over the years that trying new things can work sometimes but go with your gut and don't try to emulate others. A lot of the time people are trying to be helpful but everyone's situation is different. You gotta do what works for you.

This is a great post. Plus advice will vary on the same topics.

I will say we followed one piece of advice we got from a coworker who had been through the gauntlet with 3 kids. Interval sleep training (ferber). Our first kid would wake up constantly as soon as you put him down, and cry and cry until you picked him back up. It was a big problem and especially draining on my wife. She walked out of the bedroom one morning and said she couldn’t keep doing this anymore. We started that sleep training and within like 24-48 hours he was able to soothe himself back to sleep pretty quickly after being put down for the night. It was glorious. My 2nd is 8 months and hasn’t needed it though. He is kind of a natural at putting himself back to sleep, unless he’s hungry or has a full diaper and it’s bothersome, but he does need a little help getting to sleep initially. The point here is our experience with our second has been completely different than with our first, and we took the advice for kid 1 and have disregarded it for kid 2.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

This is a great post. Plus advice will vary on the same topics.

I will say we followed one piece of advice we got from a coworker who had been through the gauntlet with 3 kids. Interval sleep training (ferber). Our first kid would wake up constantly as soon as you put him down, and cry and cry until you picked him back up. It was a big problem and especially draining on my wife. She walked out of the bedroom one morning and said she couldn’t keep doing this anymore. We started that sleep training and within like 24-48 hours he was able to soothe himself back to sleep pretty quickly after being put down for the night. It was glorious. My 2nd is 8 months and hasn’t needed it though. He is kind of a natural at putting himself back to sleep, unless he’s hungry or has a full diaper and it’s bothersome, but he does need a little help getting to sleep initially. The point here is our experience with our second has been completely different than with our first, and we took the advice for kid 1 and have disregarded it for kid 2.

The Ferber is definitely something we will look into but I believe that’s not supposed to start until 6 months. 

2 weeks is…….painful lol 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

The Ferber is definitely something we will look into but I believe that’s not supposed to start until 6 months. 

2 weeks is…….painful lol 

Yup. We started around that time period, couple weeks earlier. The first 6 months you’re just fucked and held hostage to whatever it is 😆

• Bullseye 1