• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Kids start daycare in about a month. its through a temple, but they offer a 20% discount if you join the congregation. So I guess I have to go back to pretending to be serious about my jewish faith. I might lose some saturday mornings but i think thats worth the $500+ per month we'll save

Its's your New Year's present

Shona Tovah!!

• Cheers 1

On 8/16/2023 at 12:30 AM, Keirik said:

My daughter only sleeps on her side in the crib. She sleeps through the nights so I’ll be damned if I mess with success. 

She's still breathing and having a good time? Then whatever goes goes. That's how we've survived the first 12 weeks.

Starting to get better. She gave us three nights of 7:30-5:30. Last few nights she's woken up hungry at 4. Either way, I'm grateful we're skipping the 1am feed now.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

She's still breathing and having a good time? Then whatever goes goes. That's how we've survived the first 12 weeks.

Starting to get better. She gave us three nights of 7:30-5:30. Last few nights she's woken up hungry at 4. Either way, I'm grateful we're skipping the 1am feed now.

She’s still alive. Sleeps mostly through the night and wakes up fairly late. Most days. Yesterday my wife thought it would be a good idea to let her nap on her lap from 5-730pm because she “missed her so much” at work all day. Kaia had a garbage sleep last night. Thanks wifey!

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

She’s still alive. Sleeps mostly through the night and wakes up fairly late. Most days. Yesterday my wife thought it would be a good idea to let her nap on her lap from 5-730pm because she “missed her so much” at work all day. Kaia had a garbage sleep last night. Thanks wifey!

Yeah man she's up from 5-7:30p on principle because if she ain't sleeping, we ain't sleeping. That one's non-negotiable lol

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

It’s their world now. You’re just allowed to live in it lol 

I keep telling myself that there's a tipping point. There's a line where he will stop waking up at 6 in the fucking morning every day and start wanting to wake up at 11 or some shit. And I'll be going from "fucking hell, I love you but go back to sleep you crazy" to "fucking hell, can you wake up so we don't miss the late window of football games?"

44 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I keep telling myself that there's a tipping point. There's a line where he will stop waking up at 6 in the fucking morning every day and start wanting to wake up at 11 or some shit. And I'll be going from "fucking hell, I love you but go back to sleep you crazy" to "fucking hell, can you wake up so we don't miss the late window of football games?"

I feel this post in my soul lol

On 7/10/2023 at 10:17 PM, BrooksBurner said:

I’m flying next month with a 1 y.o. and an almost 4 y.o. We have an hour and forty layover both ways. It’s like an hour flight - layover - another hour flight.

I’m terrified.

This flight went extremely well. Layover and all. A couple of near meltdowns, but it held together. We are trying to decipher if we got lucky or if we can get away with it again for the holidays or next summer.

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Brutal. That’s avoidable so it makes it worse. We just went through an unavoidable garbage sleep spell. Stuffy nose with my one year old. It just would not clear for like 5 days and the sleeping was horrendous. Can’t breathe well enough with the pacifier. Wakes up easier without it. Garbage sleep every night. Trainwreck city.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Brutal. That’s avoidable so it makes it worse. We just went through an unavoidable garbage sleep spell. Stuffy nose with my one year old. It just would not clear for like 5 days and the sleeping was horrendous. Can’t breathe well enough with the pacifier. Wakes up easier without it. Garbage sleep every night. Trainwreck city.

Oof. I csnt imagine how my daughter would handle that. She regular spits out the pacifier but if she wakes up in the middle of the night restless, usually a reset of position and pacifier back in gets her right back asleep. Without that, I might just move out and change my identity. I've always liked Montana. 

• LOL 1

17 hours ago, siddious said:

Your kids sleep through the night? 

sad tears GIF by Dude Bro Party Massacre III

My son never did. My daughter basically always does and didn't need coaching at all. She saw her brother sleeping in his own bed and was like "I want that!"

Only peed the bed a handful of times, too. Don't worry, though, we pay for this in lots of other ways she sucks.

• LMFAO 2

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

My son never did. My daughter basically always does and didn't need coaching at all. She saw her brother sleeping in his own bed and was like "I want that!"

Only peed the bed a handful of times, too. Don't worry, though, we pay for this in lots of other ways she sucks.

My guy is almost 20 months old. Wakes up 2-3 times a night easily. I’d say it’s 50/50 on him going back to sleep vs us having to put him back to sleep which can range from tapping his back to carrying him to making him a bottle.

Also terrible at napping and lately his wake window is like 6 hours after he first wakes up which has thrown his schedule off for a week or three now as we can’t seem to figure out when he’s ready for a nap anymore 🤣

fun times. 

31 minutes ago, siddious said:

My guy is almost 20 months old. Wakes up 2-3 times a night easily. I’d say it’s 50/50 on him going back to sleep vs us having to put him back to sleep which can range from tapping his back to carrying him to making him a bottle.

Also terrible at napping and lately his wake window is like 6 hours after he first wakes up which has thrown his schedule off for a week or three now as we can’t seem to figure out when he’s ready for a nap anymore 🤣

fun times. 

He should be self-soothing by now. You might want to look into letting him cry it out. You might be creating attachment issues.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

He should be self-soothing by now. You might want to look into letting him cry it out. You might be creating attachment issues.

We tried this. The problem is he doesn’t cry it out and go back to sleep he gets up and stays up and then starts throwing an insane tantrum if we don’t get up with him. 

id probably be more willing to stick it out but unfortunately my wife’s got some health issues and stress is really bad for her so we try to walk a fine line. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, siddious said:

We tried this. The problem is he doesn’t cry it out and go back to sleep he gets up and stays up and then starts throwing an insane tantrum if we don’t get up with him. 

id probably be more willing to stick it out but unfortunately my wife’s got some health issues and stress is really bad for her so we try to walk a fine line. 

Damn. Sorry that's happening. There are other things you can do. I'll PM you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Got snipped today. Easy procedure.  Let’s see how recovery goes. 

Done GIF by Quizizz

Been delaying mine. I gotta schedule it so I can just go get it done already. Wife's also going for IUD, so we're doubling up.

• Applause 1

50 minutes ago, siddious said:

Me and the wife decided we’re going to go this route too. What am I looking at cost wise and procedure wise?

Well, so far I paid just $100 up front in case I backed out. I’ll let ya know what the insurance coverage is once I get final bill.  

I basically had a 30 minute consolation mid-summer. They asked if I was sure I didn’t want more kids. I said YUP.  Signed some paperwork, put down the $100 and then had to wait 3-4 months due to scheduling, etc. 

Today, went in around 10:30am. 1 Nurse with a bit of prep. and a few questions. 1 Doctor came in, felt around a bit, marked where my tubes were,  2 quick lidocaine injections (felt like faint bee stings). He worked on my junk for about 10 minutes or so while we talked about family, life, etc. and that was it. I just stared up as the ceiling. I was out the door a bit after 11am. 

Just been laying in bed all afternoon icing every 30-60 minutes. Not too bad as of yet. (Knock on wood). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Well, so far I paid just $100 up front in case I backed out. I’ll let ya know what the insurance coverage is once I get final bill.  

I basically had a 30 minute consolation mid-summer. They asked if I was sure I didn’t want more kids. I said YUP.  Signed some paperwork, put down the $100 and then had to wait 3-4 months due to scheduling, etc. 

Today, went in around 10:30am. 1 Nurse with a bit of prep. and a few questions. 1 Doctor came in, felt around a bit, marked where my tubes were,  2 quick lidocaine injections (felt like faint bee stings). He worked on my junk for about 10 minutes or so while we talked about family, life, etc. and that was it. I just stared up as the ceiling. I was out the door a bit after 11am. 

Just been laying in bed all afternoon icing every 30-60 minutes. Not too bad as of yet. (Knock on wood). 

Seems simple enough