• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Keirik said:

Less than 8 weeks away.....I can't tell if I'm excited or if I should change my identity and move to another continent.....again.....

I know you're joking (semi), but I can't imagine life without my kids (3y and 6mo). Wouldn't change it for anything. Everyone is different though. My wife and I were largely homebodies pre-kids. Sure we went out on occasion to dinner or whatever, and an occasional weekend activity of some sort, but not frequent enough to miss. Some couples thrive on that stuff though, and those are the ones that have a bigger adjustment IMO. Especially if they don't have some family help close by to still engage in that stuff on a more regular basis.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I know you're joking (semi), but I can't imagine life without my kids (3y and 6mo). Wouldn't change it for anything. Everyone is different though. My wife and I were largely homebodies pre-kids. Sure we went out on occasion to dinner or whatever, and an occasional weekend activity of some sort, but not frequent enough to miss. Some couples thrive on that stuff though, and those are the ones that have a bigger adjustment IMO. Especially if they don't have some family help close by to still engage in that stuff on a more regular basis.

shade read GIF

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That makes sense. My wife is a home body. I think she’s a reincarnate of an Amish woman. Asleep by sundown. She’s also 11 years younger than I am.

I am mostly joking but there is going to be a gigantic adjustment for me specifically. I never planned on marrying and I really never planned on kids. The better half had very different plans. I don’t regret it at all though. I love that woman lol.

I’m just used to going out most nights. Nothing bad or rock star partying by any means. I just prefer a couple of hours with the boys to unwind before getting to sleep by 1. It’ll be a fun little scienctific experiment to see how long it takes to house train me. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Ouch. Sounds fun lol 

Ha. She stopped puking around 1:30am. Puked once more at 3:30am and hasn't since. Got a few hours of sleep atleast. Nothing worse than seeing your own kid sick and miserable. Atleast the Rangers won last night. 🙃

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...