• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

On 3/26/2024 at 9:22 AM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

probably would have been, but by the time it went out it was coming up on bed time for the kids anyway. plus we're in big-time savings mode for a new car (don't settle for an HR-V when you have twins!) so we're pinching pennies right now

speaking of that topic, what car does everyone have that's good for kids? I still think I'm too young to get a minivan lol. Looking at the Toyota Highlander but we'll see what prices look like.

My parents have had 2 Hondas in a row (just upgraded to a Toyota) and I can honestly say fuck that car company so hard.

between my parents and myself we’ve probably had 10 cars over the years and the other 8 combined didn’t have nearly the amount of problems these Hondas do. 

And yea I have 1 kid and a durango and sometimes I’m like “I need a bigger car” lol

Edited by siddious

I have an Acura MDX Type S and it's pretty okay for the one kid. We shall see how it goes when the second comes though. Wife has a VW Atlas since 2019. It's a boat but 80k miles later it'd given us zero problems (we got the v6 not the turbo 4). Not sure I'd buy it again since they increased 10k in price now though.

Toyotas are always good because they just don't lose value. If you are going Highlander, look for a used 22 or 23. I believe that is when the redesign was and toyota doesn't change much year to year specifically. There is a Grand Highlander that is all new and a tad bigger.

Believe it or not, you might want to look at a Lexus Gx460 used. A 2022 is fairly affordable with the fact that 2024 was a full redesign and it's basically a bulletproof v8 4runner. Will last forever. My only gripe is the tsilegste is a barn door style but it's not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. 

51 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I have an Acura MDX Type S and it's pretty okay for the one kid. We shall see how it goes when the second comes though. Wife has a VW Atlas since 2019. It's a boat but 80k miles later it'd given us zero problems (we got the v6 not the turbo 4). Not sure I'd buy it again since they increased 10k in price now though.

Toyotas are always good because they just don't lose value. If you are going Highlander, look for a used 22 or 23. I believe that is when the redesign was and toyota doesn't change much year to year specifically. There is a Grand Highlander that is all new and a tad bigger.

Believe it or not, you might want to look at a Lexus Gx460 used. A 2022 is fairly affordable with the fact that 2024 was a full redesign and it's basically a bulletproof v8 4runner. Will last forever. My only gripe is the tsilegste is a barn door style but it's not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. 

ill definitely look into that lexus. Wife and I work across the street from each other so we realistically are only really driving to work, kids daycare, errand and the occasional outing with the kids, so definitely wouldn't anticipate putting a lot of miles on anything we get.