• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

I sure am. 48 in a few weeks to be exact. Luckily the wife is much younger. 🙂 is 

side gig working security at the local high school pay off? 😀 I kid I kid congrats though. i don't envy you being 48 and having to pick up babies out of a crib though. Im 31 and it's caused my knees, back and shoulders to feel wrecked 

• LMFAO 1

Congratulations.  Girls are the best, so sweet and innocent until......it seems like 11 years old in my case.....Now my daughter is sassy and a handful to control, but yet gives the puppy eyes and makes me fold. 

Try and get a lot of diapers, IMO that was the worst thing to buy, f'n hated going to the store or ordering diapers. 

Stick to a schedule from day 1 regarding putting her to bed, and depending on space, if you can, don't set up the bassinet in your room.  Give her her own room when you bring her home.    

• Thanks 3
  • Bullseye 1

Congrats. My first daughter was born 2010, April  15th. My kids are now 12 and 10. First few months rough at times for sure, had another rough patch with child one around 10-12 month (teething/sleeping issues). Best years definitely ages 2-8 IMO. My kids are still great but as they approach double digits they definitely get less clingy/more independent which is obviously great at times, but I miss some of that "demand your full attention" period on occasion. Atleast I can watch hockey in peace these days.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Congratulations.  Girls are the best, so sweet and innocent until......it seems like 11 years old in my case.....Now my daughter is sassy and a handful to control, but yet gives the puppy eyes and makes me fold. 

bassinet in your room.  Give her her own room when you bring her home.    

My girls are 12 and 10. We should be drinking buddies. Too bad I'm in PA. 

Season 2 Drinking GIF by Brockmire

Edited by Parsley
  • TroCheckmark 1

I don’t know if anyone had one, but DONT get a diaper genie garbage can . (If some gets you one use normal garbage bags, not the $500 refills. 

Get a cheap garbage can with a step to open lid.

also, pumpkin guts are the best diaper/shit cover up. 

On 1/5/2023 at 5:33 PM, josh said:

My wife used to get up and micromanage my feeding of the first kid during the night. After about a week we agreed it was better if she did it. and that was that. 

Thank god for breastfeeding.  I didn't lose nearly as much sleep as my wife did with both kids lol.  

Congrats to all the expecting fathers.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Furniture bought.  Ext is painting the room and trying to pick up some rocking swivel chair for those late night feedings my wife is going to take care of while I sleep 

Best part about a breastfeeding wife.  Way more sleep for daddy lolololololol.  I would change the diaper then hand the kid off for booby time and then back to bed.  

• Keeps it 100 1

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Furniture bought.  Ext is painting the room and trying to pick up some rocking swivel chair for those late night feedings my wife is going to take care of while I sleep 

12 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Best part about a breastfeeding wife.  Way more sleep for daddy lolololololol.  I would change the diaper then hand the kid off for booby time and then back to bed.  

That's some "first kid" shit. By the time the second kid came, my wife let me just sleep through it all. She said there's no point in both of us losing sleep and being tired. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Parenthood has aged me. I somehow threw my back/shoulder out getting up from the toilet. 

Welcome to the old age home BBB!!!

My nephew wanted me to go "running" with him last week.  I told him nowadays if you see me running, you know the laxative is working!!!  LOL

• LMFAO 3

On 1/21/2023 at 11:47 AM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Parenthood has aged me. I somehow threw my back/shoulder out getting up from the toilet. 

The other day I hung my coat up a little too quickly and I’ve had a nagging pain in my neck ever since. 

that’s what I get for not throwing my coat on the chair like I always do 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1