• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

We currently have a 3 row Santa Fe XL.  Fully loaded, every option but the HUD.  It was a floor display and the last 2019 on the lot.  We got a sick deal on it because they were trying to get rid of it to make room for the 2020s at the time.  The lease is almost up and she wants a van for nothing other than the doors.  She wants the Odyssey but also wants to look at the Kia Carnival.  I want her to either get a Subaru Ascent because Subaru AWD or keep the Hyundai because I know we're not going to get anything close to what we have now as far as options go for the price in which we have it.  It is such a shitty time to need a vehicle.  

That it is. Right now my gut says to kick this can down the road as long as I can. Wondering if maybe the Fall will yield better prices and inventory.

5 hours ago, rmc51 said:

That it is. Right now my gut says to kick this can down the road as long as I can. Wondering if maybe the Fall will yield better prices and inventory.

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I got my truck this past fall.  It was shitty then too.  I doubt it will be any better come next fall.  

My guy says early 2023 before we see relief on car prices. 

On the other hand, I have a 2019 Rogue Sport I just bought off lease for $16K, it's already worth $21K. I'm not selling it, but there's equity there when your wife's car goes back @SaveByRichter35

On 4/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, Pete said:

I waited 2 extra months for captain seating.

Captain seating is nice. We got it for our kids in my wife's new CX9 last year. Luckily that was just before the car shortages started. There was one red CX9 with captain chairs available in the whole area and we randomly stumbled upon it during our yearly inspection on our old CX9.

Edited by Parsley

2 hours ago, Parsley said:

Captain seating is nice. We got it for our kids in my wife's new CX9 last year. Luckily that was just before the car shortages started. There was one red CX9 with captain chairs available in the whole area and we randomly stumbled upon it during our yearly inspection on our old CX9.

This puppy has a removable center console between seats, best of both worlds. 

spacer.png

• TroCheckmark 1

13 hours ago, Pete said:

My guy says early 2023 before we see relief on car prices. 

On the other hand, I have a 2019 Rogue Sport I just bought off lease for $16K, it's already worth $21K. I'm not selling it, but there's equity there when your wife's car goes back @SaveByRichter35

I actually just got a price from Carvana last night.  Lease buyout is $27,821.36 and the Carvana offer $32,845 so there is definitely an opportunity to take advantage of there.

• TroCheckmark 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, rmc51 said:

Honda dealership by me said Odysseys are 12 months out. They aren't even accepting deposits right now.

Toyota dealership said Siennas are 4-8 months out and that's if we're pretty flexible on trim and color (we're not).

Fuck me.

God's way of telling you 3 row SUV.

• LOL 1

9 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Honda dealership by me said Odysseys are 12 months out. They aren't even accepting deposits right now.

Toyota dealership said Siennas are 4-8 months out and that's if we're pretty flexible on trim and color (we're not).

Fuck me.

Charlotte area? 
ever think about used?

https://www.auctiondirectusa.com/vehicle-details/used-2019-honda-pilot-ex-raleigh-nc-id-45232536

2 hours ago, josh said:

Raleigh. I’ve always bought exclusively used to avoid that steeper depreciation hit in the first couple of years, but the used car market is wild right now. There’s almost no gap in price between a 2 year old used with 30k miles and a brand new….presumably just because you can have it now versus waiting list.

15 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Fuck me.

Guess I should get in touch with the local dealerships again.  If this is the case my wife is going to flip...and I am going to smile.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody cashed their poker chip in?

I bought a slightly used 2019 Armada, in  May 2019. Paid 40k. Just talked to Nissan, and they'll now give me 45k on a trade.

Do you not have to do this? Wouldn't it be dumb if I didn't? Sure, I'd be locked in to 6 more years of financing, but I'd reset the warranty, etc, and get a brand new Armada. It just seems like a complete no-brainer, or am I trying to talk myself in to this?

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Anybody cashed their poker chip in?

I bought a slightly used 2019 Armada, in  May 2019. Paid 40k. Just talked to Nissan, and they'll now give me 45k on a trade.

Do you not have to do this? Wouldn't it be dumb if I didn't? Sure, I'd be locked in to 6 more years of financing, but I'd reset the warranty, etc, and get a brand new Armada. It just seems like a complete no-brainer, or am I trying to talk myself in to this?

I would do it, but I also least because I only want to keep cars for 3 years. 

We just bought our Rogue sport for 16k and we're being offered 24 for it... Seriously considering just upgrading to a 2022 Rogue sport. 

I do. I don't have a car payment currently. However, I don't really like owning vehicles beyond power train warranty, so I'd be looking to do something within next 18 months, anyways.

Wife won't drive a van. Too many kids for smaller SUV.

Feel like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and the used market has to crash eventually.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I would do it, but I also least because I only want to keep cars for 3 years. 

We just bought our Rogue sport for 16k and we're being offered 24 for it... Seriously considering just upgrading to a 2022 Rogue sport. 

How's the Pathfinder? Nissan told me a six month wait lol

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

How's the Pathfinder? Nissan told me a six month wait lol

I waited for, well worth the wait. I love it. Just enough tech/ not too much. Drives great, and I just got 28 miles to the gallon going from Jersey to PA. 

I just love not having a car payment too much to go for one of those trade-in deals these dealers are offering right now. I haven't gotten one as ridiculous as you guys, but I just can't see upgrading, taking on another car payment, and having worse gas mileage at a time like this. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

Gas prices don't drive my purchase decisions. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy a Hummer but a car is a long term purchase so today's gas prices don't factor in, for me. Gas could drop by $2 next week or go up $4... Until they make electric cars affordable and practical... It is what it is. 

Plus any new car is likely to have some type of eco mode that gets you better mileage than an older car. Like I said.... I got almost 30mpg on a 3 row SUV. 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:23 PM, Morphinity said:

I just love not having a car payment too much to go for one of those trade-in deals these dealers are offering right now. I haven't gotten one as ridiculous as you guys, but I just can't see upgrading, taking on another car payment, and having worse gas mileage at a time like this. 

Yes, you're correct, I can't argue against this, but I'm going to go Platinum with ventilated seats.

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• 2 months later...

Baby 2 arrived last week, and while I’ve lost all sense of personal freedom, it’s been an amazing experience bringing him home to meet his “big” brother who is almost 3.

For the record, we’ve stuck with our older Highlander for the time being. It’s paid off and we only have a year and change left on the RX 350 payment. Figured we had some time before we actually attempt a trip of any significance so we can just wait on a newer “big vehicle” purchase. Maybe by then car prices will normalize a bit and in the meantime I’ll just save more $ to put towards it. Of course, the current prices might be the new normal….guess we’ll see

Edited by rmc51
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 2

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Congratulations! Two is game-changing. One kid is pretty easy. Divide and conquer is now going to become your life philosophy.

Thanks! You’re not kidding. One kid was life changing too, but in a “can’t just go out somewhere when we want to” kind of way. A second is more of a “can I get two seconds to scratch my own balls” kind of change lmao. I can’t even imagine a 3rd or how people do it right now. I guess maybe the oldest is just old enough to do their own thing and not require as much energy from parents….or something.

My oldest has tons of energy so my part time job working it out of him is now basically full time during my time off work at least. I get some new baby time in some of the downtime to give my wife a break. She’s been the night owl with the baby since she’s up every 2-3 hours pumping anyway.

Edited by rmc51