• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Third row SUV if you have an ego. 

Minivan if you just don't give a fuck. 

My Pathfinder is coming tomorrow because I have fucks to give. 

And congrats on the sex. 

I almost give no fucks. I care more about convenience at this point. My wife cares more than I do. She thinks it’s basically throwing in the towel and embracing middle-aged parent status in all it’s (ugly) glory. I think she’s just living in denial about the fact it’s already what we are now 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think the newer Siennas or the Kia Carnivals look that bad. The Honda Odyssey is like going all the way in to “idgaf” though.

The Pathfinder looks nice.

40 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I almost give no fucks. I care more about convenience at this point. My wife cares more than I do. She thinks it’s basically throwing in the towel and embracing middle-aged parent status in all it’s (ugly) glory. I think she’s just living in denial about the fact it’s already what we are now 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think the newer Siennas or the Kia Carnivals look that bad. The Honda Odyssey is like going all the way in to “idgaf” though.

Yea, pretty excited to get it as I've been waiting 4 months haha. 

I mean if convenience is the goal you gotta go minivan. Just tell her that she'll be happier sitting in it then she will be looking at it. They're really almost like sitting in your own living room these days. And they have vacuums and shit.

Look at the Chrysler Pacifica. Neighbors got it, looks really sleek. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, siddious said:

You’d have to pay me to drive a minivan  so that’s my vote

Who gives a fuck. Are you a traveling salesman??

id drive a van but I can’t drive big vehicles. We do a lot of 1-3 hour trips with the kids. I don’t care what it looks like, we need the space and efficiency. 

get something that drives smooth, removable/food down 3rd row seats, 4 wheel drive if you have winters. in this market, get the first affordable thing you can find. Also make sure there are local places that can easily fix your vehicle. Not like Saab snobs that need to wait 6-8 weeks for their part to arrive. 

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

My wife was the same. She has an “SUV” with 3rd row seat

in the 90s, we called this style vehicle a minivan. The only difference is how the doors open, now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, josh said:

Who gives a fuck. Are you a traveling salesman??

id drive a van but I can’t drive big vehicles. We do a lot of 1-3 hour trips with the kids. I don’t care what it looks like, we need the space and efficiency. 

get something that drives smooth, removable/food down 3rd row seats, 4 wheel drive if you have winters. in this market, get the first affordable thing you can find. Also make sure there are local places that can easily fix your vehicle. Not like Saab snobs that need to wait 6-8 weeks for their part to arrive. 

i technically am a travelling salesman in a way lol

but besides that I’ve just never been a big fan of them. And I’m not a car guy at all but unless you’ve got 5 kids I think there are other nicer options. I’ve got a jeep Cherokee and the one munchkin and a dog we usually take with us and it suits us just fine. I can see how two kids it might be tight though but there are higher SUV’s. 

Edited by siddious

We travel for day trips in my Altima. Wife, three kids and myself. Yet to run out of space. That will change as they approach preteen years.

Wife has a third row Pathfinder. If you go third row; MAKE SURE THE SECOND ROW IS CAPTAINS SEATS. That would be non negotiable if we were to do it again.

• Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, josh said:

You’ll be driving that minivan within 4 years, and love it. 

we had jeeps. Not big enough. The “jeeps” that are big enough aren’t jeeps. They’re mini vans with car doors

I hope you’re wrong but you may be right. The wife will need a car soon too 😑

38 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

We travel for day trips in my Altima. Wife, three kids and myself. Yet to run out of space. That will change as they approach preteen years.

Wife has a third row Pathfinder. If you go third row; MAKE SURE THE SECOND ROW IS CAPTAINS SEATS. That would be non negotiable if we were to do it again.

This is something I really wanted. Unfortunately when we were getting our Traverse (wife’s car went down, needed immediately) the only one with AWD had the bench. The other 2 had the captain seats and I loved it.

The three years we’ve had it, we’ve used the middle seat more, and it holds all the kids’ shit most of the time, as they’re both on boosters. If we have 6, we can leave the one seat down and it’s not an issue, but we have 7 people more often than 6. 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I waited 2 extra months for captain seating.

23 hours ago, Pete said:

Third row SUV if you have an ego. 

Minivan if you just don't give a fuck. 

My Pathfinder is coming tomorrow because I have fucks to give. 

And congrats on the sex. 

Congrats on the Pathy, as they look better than sex.

• JIMMY! 1

5 hours ago, josh said:

You’ll be driving that minivan within 4 years, and love it. 

we had jeeps. Not big enough. The “jeeps” that are big enough aren’t jeeps. They’re mini vans with car doors

This is all a cope. My SUV has a full truck body, and 405 HP. I can assure you my wife needs these things to go around the corner to the Elementary school.

My only word of caution is that if you're dumb enough to have three kids, the full size SUV with captains won't even be good enough. 

I'd buy the Nissan NV if it had AWD. 

I'm trying to talk my wife in to a 4th kid, and if I'm successful we'll have to get a Dodge Caravan because we'll need the space, and it'll be all we can afford.

31 minutes ago, Dunny said:

My only word of caution is that if you're dumb enough to have three kids, the full size SUV with captains won't even be good enough. 

I'm trying to talk my wife in to a 4th kid, and if I'm successful we'll have to get a Dodge Caravan because we'll need the space, and it'll be all we can afford.

You aren't kidding. The dynamic changes immensely....from vacations to bedrooms to cars to activities to NO MONEY LEFT!! haha

39 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Is that really the only way to get some in Casa di Dunford?

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Wow, really? Why's that? No room in the third row for a booster seat or?

There's zero room for hockey shit, and I was the jersey guy this year. That's in an Armada. Wife points out both Suburban and Expedition offer extended versions, which is true, but they're the price of a cottage.

Plus, I can't reach the 3rd row with my backhand.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

Is this a bad time to show pics of my 75k Acura MDX Type S with a twin spool turbo, brembo brakes, massaging seats on Milano leather and a 3rd row that might fit a kid if he’s a baby midget? 

shit is hella fast though. Twin spool. Lol

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

Is this a bad time to show pics of my 75k Acura MDX Type S with a twin spool turbo, brembo brakes, massaging seats on Milano leather and a 3rd row that might fit a kid if he’s a baby midget? 

shit is hella fast though. Twin spool. Lol

You're a DINK though. Your transport choice is irrelevant in this situation. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

We currently have a 3 row Santa Fe XL.  Fully loaded, every option but the HUD.  It was a floor display and the last 2019 on the lot.  We got a sick deal on it because they were trying to get rid of it to make room for the 2020s at the time.  The lease is almost up and she wants a van for nothing other than the doors.  She wants the Odyssey but also wants to look at the Kia Carnival.  I want her to either get a Subaru Ascent because Subaru AWD or keep the Hyundai because I know we're not going to get anything close to what we have now as far as options go for the price in which we have it.  It is such a shitty time to need a vehicle.