• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

Phil

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I?m hearing:

They?re looking to move Vesey and Hayes

Kovy 3 mill

Tavares 10 ( will push for JT the hardest )

Karlsson 10 ( 2019-20 )

This Hayes and Vesey stuff makes me happy. Hopefully they can nab a quality D man in return for them.

I dont want to move Hayes. Would rather move Zibanejad, especially if we are bringing in a center and a RH shooter.

I don't understand people wanting to hang on to Hayes. Not just you but others have said the same. I don't get it. What's to like about him? Defense? You can get that anywhere.

I don't understand people wanting to hang on to Hayes. Not just you but others have said the same. I don't get it. What's to like about him? Defense? You can get that anywhere.

Simply put, he out produces Zibanejad in ever aspect, other than the PP. Comparing ES or PK numbers between the two is pretty telling, including +/-

For comparison, he put up 44 points this season (45, 39, 49 previously). Artem Anisimov's top season was 45 points, playing with Patrick Kane.

And Hayes, unlike Zibs, can play on any line. 1st or 4th.

I dont see either being a top-line guy for the next few years, so I really look at that versatility.

ok with moving both Hayes and Vecsey both have underwhelmed plus they both have stupid looks on their faces imo :). Zib still has a lot to prove as well, he could start by ditching the frosted tips that were maybe cool in the late 80's.

Simply put, he out produces Zibanejad in ever aspect, other than the PP. Comparing ES or PK numbers between the two is pretty telling, including +/-

For comparison, he put up 44 points this season (45, 39, 49 previously). Artem Anisimov's top season was 45 points, playing with Patrick Kane.

And Hayes, unlike Zibs, can play on any line. 1st or 4th.

I dont see either being a top-line guy for the next few years, so I really look at that versatility.

"Simply put, I have a hard-on for Zibenajad, therefore I will try to paint his as useless as humanly possible."

Don't know what Anisimov has to do with it, but at least acknowledge that 45 points was in 64 games...

"Simply put, I have a hard-on for Zibenajad, therefore I will try to paint his as useless as humanly possible."

Don't know what Anisimov has to do with it, but at least acknowledge that 45 points was in 64 games...

I think most would say AA is a solid 2C. Hayes is better, playing with less.

I think most would say AA is a solid 2C. Hayes is better, playing with less.
Oh, didn't realize that's where you were going.

Hayes reminds me of Jordan Staal. Exceled playing behind some guys but will never carry the load in a top 6 role.

But that's no reason to trade him. Move Zib to wing.

Oh, didn't realize that's where you were going.

Hayes reminds me of Jordan Staal. Exceled playing behind some guys but will never carry the load in a top 6 role.

But that's no reason to trade him. Move Zib to wing.

I'm a huge proponent of moving Zib to wing... But with the other moves mentioned, it makes him expendable... In that scenario

I'm a huge proponent of moving Zib to wing... But with the other moves mentioned, it makes him expendable... In that scenario
He's locked into a reasonable deal and a year younger than Hayes.

Plus a right shot. Kovalchuk doesn't make him expendable.

If say, Kovalchuck - Tavares - Chytil was our first line, and Kreider - Zib - Buch was our second line, and Zib was on the #2 PP, he'd still get his points.

Sure, not terrible.

IMO, we need to get Mika on the wing. Let him rip. Let him focus on scoring. That’s where he will be the most beneficial to the team.

But more importantly, we need a 1C, and it’s not him.

Archived