• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

Phil

The problem here is only Karlsson. Ottawa has no use for zucc or really even Hayes. They are rebuilding in the traditional way especially being a small market team that always spends well under the cap. They want prospects and players on elcs. Zucc, spooner, Namestnikov, and Hayes don?t fit that bill. A more likely scenario is that they would want Andersson, Buchnevich,or chytil, the rangers first pick this year, next year 1st, and another decent prospect maybe Hajek or Howden.

If not that something close to it. The rangers are rebuilding signing Karlsson would be hard enough. Why if the rangers are rebuilding would this make sense?

Tavares really doesn?t make sense either but that I can at least see being that they wouldn?t be giving up any young talent just money.

From Sens' perspective, draft picks or young guys like Buch/Anderson/Chytil make sense, Hayes/Vesey/Zuc/Spponer/Names do not.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, and he’s an out of shape, lazy, douche waffle. Will get real good value right now.

Did they ever ask him to lose the weight? What is going on at the practice facility? Were AV's schedules so tight they left no time for the S&C coach to mingle around with the guys? Not being in touch with so many lockerroom issues and/or letting things get out of hand. Coaches should have been fired sooner, hearing all this plus all the deadline stuff.

if you are a pro you gotta take personal responsibility and be in shape. otherwise you are not showing much respect to your team or your profession. apologies to kessel. as long as he can keep sniping you can put on all the weight he wants:rofl:

From Sens' perspective, draft picks or young guys like Buch/Anderson/Chytil make sense, Hayes/Vesey/Zuc/Spponer/Names do not.

We'll give em Hayes plus a 1 and both 3s for Stone and forget the whole Karlsson and Taco Bell thing.

Then we will get the leader we need too. Stone is beloved and respected in that locker room as their true leader and would probably punch Hayes/Vesey in the stomach, if he mentioned Taco Bell anywhere near him.

how high was his thc count?

The team just figured out they were out of shape? Shame on the team and players.

Of course Fast and Kreids were among the best, which is why I mentioned their work ethic weeks ago when someone choose to question both players value. Kreids took some extra shit about not working hard enough, which is bullshit. If Grabs and Hags were still on the team, they'd be right up there. There is a reason all of them are fast and working hard for a full shift, every shift. They are dedicated to maximizing their physical abilities, they are disciplined, work on their skating and their strength, power and quickness. And they been doing it since early on.

Did they ever ask him to lose the weight? What is going on at the practice facility? Were AV's schedules so tight they left no time for the S&C coach to mingle around with the guys? Not being in touch with so many lockerroom issues and/or letting things get out of hand. Coaches should have been fired sooner, hearing all this plus all the deadline stuff.

Not sure if you do it intentionally to me, but you ask me crazy ass questions after I share some things. I’m a pretty smart guy, but I can’t answer questions about what goes on in people’s heads. I also don’t know the travel habits of William Santiago.

Not sure if you do it intentionally to me, but you ask me crazy ass questions after I share some things. I’m a pretty smart guy, but I can’t answer questions about what goes on in people’s heads. I also don’t know the travel habits of William Santiago.

You crack me up. I'd love answers but don't expect you to have the answers to the bolded ones or the other ones. They were rhetorical, for the most part.

In other words, I can't freakin believe the players or the team would look like such a bunch of semi-pros. Shocking and disheartening. Problems with around 5 high salaried [or about to be] players this year.

Do any of you guys think the accelerated rebuild may be an effort to cash in on what will probably Hank’s last solid year (or maybe 2) as a #1 goaltender? I don’t think that Hank really can push the organization around in his golden years, but maybe JG doesn’t think the window is completely closed.

Do any of you guys think the accelerated rebuild may be an effort to cash in on what will probably Hank?s last solid year (or maybe 2) as a #1 goaltender? I don?t think that Hank really can push the organization around in his golden years, but maybe JG doesn?t think the window is completely closed.

Signing JT or Karlsson would be more about opening up a whole new 8-year window, the way I see it. In fact, is it probably more about blowing a massive hole in the roof to rocket out of.

While I agree with the skepticism surrounding an accelerated rebuild, you have to appreciate that JT and Karlsson are world-class players, who are very, very rarely available - especially at the age of 27. Signing just one of them is a game-changer for the franchise and something you have to attempt almost no matter the circumstances.

Furthermore, this is exactly the game that the Rangers need to be strong at. Attracting star players by having home in the greatest city in the world. That's the structural "edge", the Rangers hold over Buffalo, Arizona etc., who can all (theoretically) draft and develop just as much and well as the Rangers and all play under the same salary cap. The one thing, the Rangers will always have is the attraction and the prestige of the franchise and the city, and in a cap-world, that is only really exploitable in UFA's and re-signings.

I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Aside from the impossible argument of whether or not Hank has "it".... of course JT and/or Karlsson helps him.

No goalie is going to play well consistently facing 40 shots per night.

Aside from the impossible argument of whether or not Hank has "it".... of course JT and/or Karlsson helps him.

No goalie is going to play well consistently facing 40 shots per night.

Furthermore, I think an argument can be made that if JT and EK65 come here, Hank is no longer the most important player on the ice.

Hank had a solid season last year, despite what seems to be a prolonged injury and a lacking defense. Heck, our #2 d-man was also injured, the #3 was a shithead, the #4 stagnated in progress, #5 underperformed and spent most the year in the A, and #6 was Marc Staal.

All this with an offense first, shell later coaching style.

Lundqvist is better than 90% of the starting goalies in today's NHL and you have to capitalize on that, if and/or while you can. Pavelec was a starting goalie. Think about that.

Furthermore' date=' I think an argument can be made that if JT and EK65 come here, Hank is no longer the most important player on the ice.[/quote']

The goalie is always the most important player on the ice, because they're the only guy who can single-handedly win or lose a game.

But yea, he's not as important when the supporting cast can accomplish something.

The goalie is always the most important player on the ice, because they're the only guy who can single-handedly win or lose a game.

But yea, he's not as important when the supporting cast can accomplish something.

Incorrect. Goalies only keep you in games long enough for skaters to win them. They can lose games singlehandedly, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived