• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

Phil

Upstate, NY?

Excuse me while I brush off my grew-up-in-the-city card: What the fuck is upstate NY?

I spent a semester in Albany.

I drove 88 from nowhere, ny to nowhere, ny.

But excuse me while Buffalo exists.

I'll take my na?vety elsewhere. lol.

What city? That dirty city of brotherly suck, Mr PhillyB? You get no street cred for eating wings on South St. ;)

As someone from the real city - Brooklyn/Queens in the house - we never heard of Buffalo Wings. Moved to NJ, still nothin. Went to SU and it was like... WTF are these things we eating with our beer? All my Buffalo friends schooled me, maybe one day they will school you with the real deal.

Yeah, I'm up near Albany now. Doesn't mean I don't get around like a cheap whore. Albany is famous for being two hours from a good city in any direction, You wanna fight about it or somethin? BTW, Buffalo isn't even in NY state. i think it's in some Province or something.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up in Manhattan. I know no other city that goes by "the city."

And FUCK PHILLY, the city.

The name on the other hand? I love my name, it means lover of horses.

woah woah, easy there.

Are you trying to say you are not philthy? Are you really in the Windy City or just pretending to be a hipster?

I hated VT when I lived there. I was so happy to move out, only problem - I moved to LA. And FUCK LA. Fuck the weather. Fuck the people. Fuck everything about that city.

Had to move back east. Brought the girl with me. We accelerated our relationship by moving in together.

We built it, just like the Rangers are doing.

Our next place very well might be a remote area a la VT.

Or it might not even be in the states, who knows.

I hated VT when I lived there. I was so happy to move out, only problem - I moved to LA. And FUCK LA. Fuck the weather. Fuck the people. Fuck everything about that city.

Had to move back east. Brought the girl with me. We accelerated our relationship by moving in together.

How long did you live in LA? I'm here now, been here for 6 years and it took me a long time to love it.

Damn, man o the world. What made you go from VT to LA. More along the lines of VT to Santa Cruz or maybe Berkeley. You hated the weather?

Belize

How long did you live in LA? I'm here now, been here for 6 years and it took me a long time to love it.

About 4.5-5 years I think. I also lived in the valley, which was my first mistake.

That being said, In N Out is the most overrated garbage I've ever had.

Tommy's is way too cult for me.

Everything is 'spensive.

The traffic is garbage.

The people are generally stupid and lackadaisical. I could go on, but I won't. lol.

Damn, man o the world. What made you go from VT to LA. More along the lines of VT to Santa Cruz or maybe Berkeley. You hated the weather?

Yes, I start sweating at like 65 degrees. Triple digit weather during fucking Christmas season isn't my idea of fun.

My memory also works in a way that I use seasons to help me associate a timeline.

Belize

I'm leaning toward Spain, but idk, they gotta get their shit together.

Belize will also be too hot for me, no?

About 4.5-5 years I think. I also lived in the valley, which was my first mistake.

That being said, In N Out is the most overrated garbage I've ever had.

Tommy's is way too cult for me.

Everything is 'spensive.

The traffic is garbage.

The people are generally stupid and lackadaisical. I could go on, but I won't. lol.

Yes, I start sweating at like 65 degrees. Triple digit weather during fucking Christmas season isn't my idea of fun.

My memory also works in a way that I use seasons to help me associate a timeline.

In-N-Out is fast food. It's like people getting hyped about Taco Bell. It's garbage food. Never been to Tommy's. I didn't know it was supposed to be a thing.

The Valley sucks ass, so you got that right. I work there now and then, it seems like it's always 100+ degrees.

I like LA now though. I live in Silverlake. Never lived in a place like it. I'll never go back.

Everything is 'spensive.

The traffic is garbage.

True, true. The traffic is the clincher though. Makes it intolerable. 31, you must work nearby or virtual.

Spain, wow. Lot's of beautiful spots. As for Belize, English and the dollar and tax breaks make it attractive. You'd have to want to live by the water (boat/fish/scuba) to appreciate and enjoy the breeze and Mesoamerican reef and sea. Inland can be more humid, some rainforests, some less breezy spots and a different type of living. Worth a visit.

In-N-Out is fast food. It's like people getting hyped about Taco Bell. It's garbage food. Never been to Tommy's. I didn't know it was supposed to be a thing.

The Valley sucks ass, so you got that right. I work there now and then, it seems like it's always 100+ degrees.

I like LA now though. I live in Silverlake. Never lived in a place like it. I'll never go back.

What do you do? I hear Silver Lake is tits.

What do you do? I hear Silver Lake is tits.

I work in film. I'm not rich by any means but the lady and I have fine enough apartment and a great location. The thing that still hasn't become normal yet is the amount of wildlife I've seen. I'm from NJ where you see deer every now and then but it's wild to see Coyotes and Bobcats walking through the streets like it's no big deal.

I've lived all over and I'm hoping to never leave Silverlake. It's by far the best place I've lived in LA.

Manson? Wha ? Foh

Why do people give a fuck about who gets letters like they?re the ones in the room with them? I don?t give a fuck if Phillyb was the captain, just win some fuckin games. I agree with Pete on this 100%, letters are over rated.

I agree, but im just wondering why you thought letters mattered in the Smith broken hand thread?

Fighting someone when you?re the captain of the team is different than fighting someone in the AHL after you?ve been sent down, no?

[/Quote]

No.

Yes

Rabbit season.

Duck season.

Or were you agreeing with me lol?

I work in film. I'm not rich by any means but the lady and I have fine enough apartment and a great location. The thing that still hasn't become normal yet is the amount of wildlife I've seen. I'm from NJ where you see deer every now and then but it's wild to see Coyotes and Bobcats walking through the streets like it's no big deal.

I've lived all over and I'm hoping to never leave Silverlake. It's by far the best place I've lived in LA.

Silverlake Los Angelos ??

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived