• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

Phil

For sure, great checker and can really lay the body. Intimidating in front of his net too. Non goons do not want to tangle with him. He is disciplined though and does not go out of position to kill a guy or take a dumb penalty. Read the article I linked.

Phillyb, are you saying I need to start using ad nauseum in my posts? I'll try. You need to start getting your wings in upstate NY.

Upstate, NY?

Excuse me while I brush off my grew-up-in-the-city card: What the fuck is upstate NY?

I spent a semester in Albany.

I drove 88 from nowhere, ny to nowhere, ny.

But excuse me while Buffalo exists.

I'll take my na?vety elsewhere. lol.

Sorry, i don't like lumping all the quotes in one post man. I feel responding individually, is a bit cleaner and doesn't confuse subject matter to both my dumb self and who im having a discussion with as well as anyone who wants to add to the discussion. Its a lot easier to respond one by one on the shitter or on the run.

Ha, I can actually appreciate that way too much for me not to hate it. hahahaha.

Re: Manson.

Why does ANA move him without a HUGE chunk going the other way?

It's just not gonna happen. We could talk about this ad nauseam, and it won't make a difference.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manson? Wha ? Foh

Why do people give a fuck about who gets letters like they’re the ones in the room with them? I don’t give a fuck if Phillyb was the captain, just win some fuckin games. I agree with Pete on this 100%, letters are over rated.

Team's need leaders. Some have the innate qualities to do it regardless of a letter on the sweater. More of a formality than anything. The team knows the guys and who they need to listen to and emulate. Bring in a respected vet and give him the C so he can fight the on ice battles with the refs and handle the burden that goes along with it. Let the rest of the team develop.

Think of all of the people in a normal job whom are useless managers yet have some very qualified productive employees work below them. Throw a new manager in this position whom all respect and want to emulate and suddenly this office works a lot harder because they respect the individual in this position now. Smartest and most productive doesnt make the best manager/captain. Hard work and sound decision making are the foundations of a good leader.

And Future didn't you tell me I was crazy in Oct when I suggested McD for Marner str8 up? You said Toronto needed to add more. This would be another good trade and Ranger fans would be espousing the play, leadership and toughness of Manson, if he were here.

Edit: And Anaheim traded Theodore in expansion to protect the defensive group.

Yea, and at the time it was true - adding Marner and taking out Mac would not have made this team better.

And nobody is saying Manson isn't a good player. But a first, third and roster player for 2008 Dan Girardi is way, way too high.

Upstate, NY?

Excuse me while I brush off my grew-up-in-the-city card: What the fuck is upstate NY?

I spent a semester in Albany.

I drove 88 from nowhere, ny to nowhere, ny.

But excuse me while Buffalo exists.

I'll take my na?vety elsewhere. lol..

Albany is not Upstate

Signed,

An Upstater

Albany is not Upstate

Signed,

An Upstater

Anything above Westchester is "Upstate" when you live on Long Island!!!

Hey man, I still wanna see what this team can do with a real coach behind the bench before I can make any evaluations about pretty much ANY of these players. I can't help but throw out the last 2 seasons because I really feel like they can do more and play A LOT harder than what I was watching on my "now dented and broken" TV.

I really couldn't stomach watching that style of pussy play. No team took more crap, and played as heartless and as gutless as these past AV teams.

I wanna see them now, under a REAL coach. Phil, I hope your guy is an absolute ASS KICKER, because this team has a lot of potential coming up in the way of youth and I'm tired of watching them slap the opposing teams with their purses!

Hey Future, I'm calling it now my man....you watch; I bet you see shit outta players you never thought under a new director behind the bench. I've seen it before...and it's gonna be something to behold when it happens in the coming years...We deserve it... we're the best fan base out there and everyone knows it! They give us something to get excited about and we're going to be back at the Garden in droves.

Anything above Westchester is "Upstate" when you live on Long Island!!!

Hey man, I still wanna see what this team can do with a real coach behind the bench before I can make any evaluations about pretty much ANY of these players. I can't help but throw out the last 2 seasons because I really feel like they can do more and play A LOT harder than what I was watching on my "now dented and broken" TV.

That's like saying anything south of DC is Florida! lol

I'm sorry, but I refuse to let players off the hook for not giving effort. Effort is coach-agnostic. Guys like Buch and Skjei showed what they're made of after the Mac went out on 2/7.

That's like saying anything south of DC is Florida! lol

I'm sorry, but I refuse to let players off the hook for not giving effort. Effort is coach-agnostic. Guys like Buch and Skjei showed what they're made of after the Mac went out on 2/7.

I hear ya, believe me....but they're just kids... I know. It's a shitty excuse, but they are. I think under a coach that is a little more geared for today's NHL is going to snap these spoiled punks back to reality, make them grow up a little and get their shit in gear!

What about the Southern Tier?

:bravery:

:hijacked:

still upstate no doubts about it

I came up with this theory the other day

the line starts at poughkeepsie. You go west until you hit 209 and then follow 209 down south. anything below that line is downstate, anything about it is upstate. Going east, you follow 55. anything north of that is upstate, anything below is downstate

I hear ya, believe me....but they're just kids... I know. It's a shitty excuse, but they are. I think under a coach that is a little more geared for today's NHL is going to snap these spoiled punks back to reality, make them grow up a little and get their shit in gear!

They're 23 and 24, that's not kids.

I don't think that a coach can teach players to compete, or he shouldn't have to.

Upstate NY is everything north of Poughkeepsie but to the East. Buffalo, Rochester, etc belong to Western NY.

WNY is still upstate

I would tend to agree. Ozzy said it best, anything north of fucking westchester is upstate. Nyack is upstate.

Terrytown is upstate.

And no @Future

BopJD7u.png

That big old photobucket pic doesn't explain shit. lol

I would tend to agree. Ozzy said it best, anything north of fucking westchester is upstate. Nyack is upstate.

Terrytown is upstate.

And no @Future

BopJD7u.png

That big old photobucket pic doesn't explain shit. lol

Lol for crying out loud, how about now?

Archived