• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers? Coaching Options Now That Vigneault Is Axed

Phil

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems to be a few good quality coaches-to-be out there!! I think our timing on ridding ourselves AV was seemingly good so far! Holy shit, am I looking forward to rooting for this team again!!!! I missed it the last 2 years.

sweet.

OK, hire this guy

I have a really hard time seeing how this guy would move to New York City

"?I don?t even know if I would leave for an NHL coaching job,? Montgomery said recently. ?The ability to win and live the quality of life for my family ? the quality of life of being a good husband and dad, compared to an NHL coach ? factors into that, plus the fact that we?re getting the (new) locker-room done. We love living here in Colorado, and it would have to take an incredible situation to leave here. Those things don?t come around very often.?"

- Jim Montgomery

Jim Montgomery, Denver Pioneers coach, might be in demand by NHL ? The Denver Post

An incredible situation... There's nothing more incredible than living in New York for some people.

That can go both ways too. Denver is beautiful and more affordable (I assume) than NYC.

And if you like mountains and outdoorsy shit, then Denver > NYC.

If you like clean air, then Denver > NYC.

;926576]That can go both ways too. Denver is beautiful and more affordable (I assume) than NYC.

"More affordable". For you and I? Yeah.

NHL coaches probably average around $2.5M in salary these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

"More affordable". For you and I? Yeah.

NHL coaches probably average around $2.5M in salary these days.

I understand your point. But if you believe that, then you can't believe that someone would sign in Florida because of the tax advantages. Maybe those two aren't the same exact kind of thing, but to them, it's still money.

2.5M in Denver goes a lot further than 2.5M in NYC.

2.5M taxed in NY is completely different than 2.5M taxed in FL, right?

I understand your point. But if you believe that, then you can't believe that someone would sign in Florida because of the tax advantages. Maybe those two aren't the same exact kind of thing, but to them, it's still money.

They estimate his current salary at 300k, so I dont think the taxes are going to be much of an issue relative to the raise.

That can go both ways too. Denver is beautiful and more affordable (I assume) than NYC.

I think that, regardless of what guys can afford, there are plenty of destinations that NHL players and coaches might prefer.

There's an assumption in sports media that everyone wants to live in NYC, but I just don't think that's reality.

They estimate his current salary at 300k, so I dont think the taxes are going to be much of an issue relative to the raise.

I was just using the tax thing as an example of why a person might not want to come to NYC.

I think that, regardless of what guys can afford, there are plenty of destinations that NHL players might prefer.

There's an assumption in sports media that everyone wants to live in NYC, but I just don't think that's reality.

Agreed 100%

NYC? I don't even want to live in a town over 5,000 residents within 150 mile proximity of anything approaching 100k. Cities would have been great in 1935 for available services/products. Now they're nice to visit, but utter shit holes tbh. Thanks Amazon!

For an NCAA coach is has to be totally life changing. They make big bucks already and have a work-life balance that can't be touched.

If you play the game you can come out on top. Hank flipped his apartment for a $1M profit. Whenever he sells his current apartment he'll come out on top again

An incredible situation... There's nothing more incredible than living in New York for some people.

Probably 50/50 split, some love NY but some of us can't stand it and I say that even though I work here. I can see why a guy from the middle of the country who's in a great situation might pass. Time will tell I guess.

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/991742049555812352

Apparently going to Dallas.

Archived