• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers? Coaching Options Now That Vigneault Is Axed

Phil

If we bring back Renney, is Jagr his offensive coach again?

I want an understanding teacher that holds players (and officials) accountable, and is the occasional asshole.

Sounds like Keefe, from everything written and said about him. And he brings a whole bunch of other attributes.

I like the balance of what he brings, definitely my favorite candidate.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaborik actually scored 40 twice. Had the 1st and 3rd bedt years of his career under Torts.

Kreider was not ready yet, and Slats was forcing him on JT. I would say when AV cut him the following year, that was a pretty clear indication Torts was right.

Nash: 21-21-42 in 44 games under JT

Callahan: Never came close to his career year with JT. 29 goals, I believe.

Zuc: Wasn’t ready yet

Misconception about Torts is that he hates the kids and only plays vets. Completely false. He rides guys, but everyone is a cunt now, so he needs to adjust in that regard.

I don't think Torts hates playing the kids. I think he's like Keenan and likes/has his own brand of player when he is starting from scratch. Which was my point about how he didn't adapt to his roster when he got more talent. A little less shot blocking, a little less dump and chase, give some slack to the one dimensional players, and think more offensively. Open it up.

The guy definitely gets results from a variety of style players though. He took some bitch ass like Lecavalier and made him into a star. As soon as Torts left that schmoe was done. Dan Boyle was a damn good all around D man for him. MSL, Fedotenko, and a nice mix of really skilled offensive guys and some grit made up a cup winner. But they played a different style than what he was doing with the Rangers. Even with names like Gaborik, Nash, Richard's, Stepan, Hagelin, Delzotto, and Zucc.

Looking back, Torts used a shit ton of youth. Lots of names came through and made their name under his time.

I just wish he opened it up more. Play balls out.

If we bring back Renney, is Jagr his offensive coach again?

I want an understanding teacher that holds players (and officials) accountable, and is the occasional asshole.

Why the hell didn't they hire Laviolette when they had the chance? Fuckin guy rules.

25. The Rangers were interested in Montgomery, which is why Dallas snapped him up quickly. Do not be surprised if New York?s next bench boss has never coached in the NHL before. You are always looking for connections, which is why Boston University?s David Quinn is a prominent mention. Here?s another: In 2015, the Oshawa Generals won the Memorial Cup. Adam Graves, who works for the Rangers in hockey and business operations, has an ownership stake in that team. The coach was D.J. Smith, now an assistant in Toronto.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-follows-leafs-dubas-promotion/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Getting bored. Need some news.

welcome to life missing the playoffs

and it's about to get more boring, Keefe's Marlies just made it to the AHL final four. Game 1 is only this Saturday 5/19/ If they go 7 that takes them to May 30 and that doesn't include the final Calder Cup round

welcome to life missing the playoffs

and it's about to get more boring, Keefe's Marlies just made it to the AHL final four. Game 1 is only this Saturday 5/19/ If they go 7 that takes them to May 30 and that doesn't include the final Calder Cup round

Son of a Bitch!

My kinda’ bookie, kinda’ NHL mobbed-up golfer buddy says on VERY inside info that the BU guy is our first choice. Convo is about $$$...huge $$$.

I’m putting down $10 on Quinn to win!

Does he have any inside info the the Preakness? :) After the Derby I'll take any tips from anyone

I don't care really who the pick is because I have Gorton on a long leash. I trust he'll make the right choice for the roster he's constructing

Same. Although I think Quinn is a really interesting choice and the kind of ?out side the box? move the rangers should be making. Not too risky but still not your average retread.

Renaud Lavoie said that part of the reason that the Rangers are taking a slow approach in their search for a new coach is because they want to see what Trotz's future in Washington could be. (Journal de Montreal)

Rick Carpiniello wrote recently that he isn't sure Trotz has been considered as a candidate but adds that he has a reputation as someone who can develop players from his time in the AHL and with Nashville. (The Athletic)

The belief around many in the NHL is that Capitals associate coach Todd Reirden is likely to replace Trotz if he does not return.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So the new rumor is Trotz or Reirden.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The new new rumor is it’s not Keefe:

Friedman continued, "Keefe's a name I have heard a lot but I have been told it's probably not him, he is the first guy that jumped into my head. They must be waiting to talk to Keefe who has the Marlies in the playoffs but guys tell me that they don't think that is it."

He added that he has heard that it likely won't be Washington assistant Layne Lambert or Pascal Vincent, the coach AHL coach for the Jets.

- 31 thoughts podcast

Who the fuck knows.

REALLY don’t want trotz.

Trotz - 11 postseason appearances. This season is the first time his teams got past the 2nd round. I'll take a hard pass on him. Good enough to get in the playoffs and win a round, but then his teams eventually flame out and I wouldnt be surprised if the Caps flame out in this round too after having a 2-0 lead. Tonight is probably the make or break game for the Caps in the Conference Finals.

Archived