• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers? Coaching Options Now That Vigneault Is Axed

Phil

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issues - cant develop kids, too stubborn for his own good, McLeod over Buch, lack of in-game adjustments.

some of those are even bigger issues during a rebuild.

As much as I hated the guy, what Renney did was pretty good with the kids. He had great leaders in Jagr and his linemates that set examples, he gave time to kids for them to develop - and put them in spots to succeed. And he stayed out of the way when he should have - and let Jagr coach the offensive game, including some ingame adjustments.

Then Renney tried to be tough, and the voice and it went to shit.

Ugh, no baggage please. Plus lumbering, dogmatic, shot-blocking and injured is no way to enjoy hockey. For the skilled players or the fans. I'll take fresh ideas and young, fast and upbeat.

And those press conferences are painful. Torts still doesn't like people. At least he's kind to animals. If he gets canned in Columbus, he should take some time off and try to find some joy.

Love Torts. He's my favorite Rangers coach of my lifetime.

...but he's not a good fit right now. Also, not sure why Columbus would fire him. They're a young team that has done well without any superstars.

Define superstar. I would consider Bobrovsky and Panarin as extremely high end talent. Panarin better than any forward the Rangers have had since Jagr.

Define superstar. I would consider Bobrovsky and Panarin as extremely high end talent. Panarin better than any forward the Rangers have had since Jagr.

He was considered a product of playing with Kane, which is part of the reason he was traded. He had a terrible start and Torts stuck with him. He's not a superstar. He's good. But he's excelled playing a larger role in Columbus.

He was considered a product of playing with Kane, which is part of the reason he was traded. He had a terrible start and Torts stuck with him. He's not a superstar. He's good. But he's excelled playing a larger role in Columbus.

They didn’t want to pay him big bucks, and lockerroom voices were bff with Saad.

Panarin wasn't able to make a difference in the latter part of the series, but he certainly opened my eyes. Watching the playoffs without the Rangers as a focus and distraction has exposed me to just how good a lot of players who I wasn't that familiar with are, and it has been sobering. Bottom line: you can debate Panarin but you can't dispute that he's better than any forward that we have.

Coaches in Syracuse Crunch-Toronto series could soon be bench bosses in NHL

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/index.ssf/2018/05/coaches_in_syracuse_crunch-toronto_series_could_soon_be_bench_bosses_in_nhl.html

Keefe is in his third year running the Marlies, and this season took the team to the best points percentage in the AHL (.737). His name has been bandied about for openings with Dallas and the New York Rangers.

As general manager Jeff Gorton continues the search to replace Alain Vigneault behind the Rangers bench, one source close to Jim Montgomery has told The Post that the team ?has been very impressed? by the Denver University coach.

A second source familiar with the interview process confirmed that assessment.

Montgomery, who will turn 49 on June 30, appeared to the front-runner for the Florida job last year before taking himself out of the running. The Panthers then hired Bob Boughner. The Post has learned that Montgomery last year also rejected an offer from the Kings to join their staff as an assistant after hiring John Stevens to replace Darryl Sutter as head coach.

?He?s had numerous NHL interviews,? the original source said via text. ?[He?s] very well respected.?

https://nypost.com/2018/05/01/rangers-very-impressed-with-emerging-college-coach/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived