• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you man....the less, the better. I wanna see these kids play this year, with nothing in the way of roster clogging. If we can get 2 or 3 solid players to build on for next year I'll be happy as a pig in shit. At the end of this season I wanna be able to hang my hat on a couple of players that I can call "my guys".

I do want a tough guy though; I don't want any of our kids playing in fear that they're not going to be stood up for while they're growing up.

None of the ufa?s are really all that exciting me to. And I don?t mean there aren?t/weren?t good players available, I just don?t want any of them on this team.

I?m fine if they stand pat in terms of ufa signings.

Wouldn?t mind a trade for a guy that brings in assets along with a bad contract and offers a bit of leadership. But none of the guys being rumored are all that interesting to me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

None of the ufa’s are really all that exciting me to. And I don’t mean there aren’t/weren’t good players available, I just don’t want any of them on this team.

I’m fine if they stand pat in terms of ufa signings.

Wouldn’t mind a trade for a guy that brings in assets along with a bad contract and offers a bit of leadership. But none of the guys being rumored are all that interesting to me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think less is more this year. So yeah, I'm with ya!

I'm kind of torn though because I want to see our young guys play well, but on the other hand we're going to have to lose a LOT of games to score a top 3 pick in the 2019 draft. I don't believe we have many more assets to deal to get a pick that high, so I suppose we're going to have to accept the "growing pains" this season.

The Rangers aren't interested according to Carpiniello.

Erik​ Karlsson is​ on the trade​ market,​ but​ the​ dynamic Ottawa defenseman​ won’t be coming​ to Manhattan,​ The Athletic​ has learned.

According​​ to people familiar with the Rangers’ thinking, a trade for Karlsson would go against their rebuild in that they would not be willing to give up the top prospects it would take to get him

I think they're doing really well so far, and with every day that passes it becomes clearer and and clearer that this is an actual rebuild. After looking at the terms given to most of the UFA's that might have been options I'm happy they stayed away. It's the right move. Absolutely no point giving guys like Beagle and Bozak 3 years + at the start of a rebuild.

would anyone consider trying to throw a poison pill contract at dylan larkin? 21 years old and had 62 points last year. wings are 9 mln under the cap

Don't think the GM's would do it w/o owner approval, teams just don't do it.

Hypothetically the offer should go no higher than the compensation equal to a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Even that might get matched and now Detroit has an axe to grind. Besides do we really want to risk a possible very high 2019 pick to make this move now? There are not many players worth our 2019 #1. It's pretty much untradeable.

Was going to start a thread suggesting one trade. Go after 23 y/o Athanasiou who had major issues his last contract and is currently unsigned. He is a blazing fast weapon, versatile and still getting better. He can be part of a long term winner, like Hags. He'd give us more flexibility to trade wingers or centers, later in the season. Sign him to the same contract as Jon Moore :)

They need to do this right. The Lightning can’t do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.

They need to do this right. The Lightning can’t do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.

Why even give their pick back?

They need to do this right. The Lightning can?t do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.

I'd rather have Katchouk than Foote.

They need to do this right. The Lightning can?t do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.

I'll take Foote and turning that conditional into a guaranteed 1st....or they can try and find someone else willing to take their junk.

I'll take Foote and turning that conditional into a guaranteed 1st....or they can try and find someone else willing to take their junk.
Does Gorton want to get Callahan as part of that deal? It will all depend on how much Tampa offers us. We can get Foote for that respective pick for the 1st round. Can we pick up his salary?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived