• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Should Look at Options on UFAs, May Be Willing to Listen on Zucc, McD

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Russ Cohen on nhl channel Sirius just said he doesn’t believe Nash would waive wis ntc for a move at the deadline anyway. He also says that while the rangers would be a preferred team to resign with that he thinks he would play the market with the leafs being a very possible destination. He says Babcock still loves him and Toronto would have no problem signing him to a short term deal.

Ken Hitchcock loves him too. Nash has to submit a 12-team list of teams he'll accept a trade to, and I'd bet both would be on his list. Location will be largely irrelevant, since he won't uproot his family and make a full move after the deadline, and both teams will likely be in the playoffs.

But Nash doesnt fit in with a Red Wings rebuild, and therefore Nash probably wouldnt even want to go be part of a rebuild.

Right. A Nash for AA trade doesn't make any sense, but I could see them moving him just b/c, if they can't get rid of a contract, they won't be able to sign him anyways.

I'd flip them a 3rd for him in a heartbeat. But, as dangerous as AA is, he'll never get off the 4th line under AV, way to erratic and inconsistent. He and Grabner in the bottom-6 would be a ton of fun to watch though.

Ken Hitchcock loves him too. Nash has to submit a 12-team list of teams he'll accept a trade to, and I'd bet both would be on his list. Location will be largely irrelevant, since he won't uproot his family and make a full move after the deadline, and both teams will likely be in the playoffs.

Right. A Nash for AA trade doesn't make any sense, but I could see them moving him just b/c, if they can't get rid of a contract, they won't be able to sign him anyways.

I'd flip them a 3rd for him in a heartbeat. But, as dangerous as AA is, he'll never get off the 4th line under AV, way to erratic and inconsistent. He and Grabner in the bottom-6 would be a ton of fun to watch though.

Ah crap, I thought he still had full NMC.

12-team list (he accepts trade to)

Division, always list divisional opponents

Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Caps, Pittsburgh

Desired teams: SJ, TB, Bruins, Blues, Nashville, Dallas (11)

Then fill it with teams that wouldnt trade for him at the deadline.

Maybe: BJs (previous team, previous coach... kinda doubt he wants to go there and leave in a few months), Toronto (likes coach, not Canada)

But Nash doesnt fit in with a Red Wings rebuild, and therefore Nash probably wouldnt even want to go be part of a rebuild.

Read my post. I never said Nash for him. Of course Detroit would want nine of that. 2nd or 3rd. Maybe Vesey. Don’t know if I love that trade but I’d have to think about it

Again it comes down to what is your identity? If you want to play fast and be fast he would fit the bill and do it for a couple of years at a cheap rate. You’d have a couple of years to see if he develops and fits.

The guy scored 18 goals last year and will do close to the same this year. That is not nothing for a 23 year old who skates like he does. He will probably always leave you wanting more.

I know it’s not sexy and I know he’s flawed. However he’s 23 and is probably a top 5% skater league wide. He’s the kind of guy you get for cheap, don’t have to pay a ton and has a large upside potential.

It’s pretty low risk. Worse case scenario he’s a third /fourth liner that brings speed in spades. It’s not being in love with him but speed does open the ice up. Teams have to respect it and in some respect back off on their forecheck and at their defensive blue line.

As far as I’ve seen the guy plays with a lot of energy. He plays physical by today’s standards. His hands and head are still trying to catch up with his legs but he does show flashes. Those flashes are things others couldn’t even try to do.

It’s probably not happening but I would certainly be making a phone call to see what the cost is. It couldn’t hurt

Here's my questions: If the Rangers fall out of contention and sell off Nash, Grabs, Zuc, McD, and or others, does Lundqvist request a trade in the off season ? He wants to win, and his window is 5 years (I'm being generous), so why would he stay knowing the next 2 or 3 could be growing pains ?

I could only hope he would

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I could only hope he would

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agreed. Hopefully, IF the team unloads, he would potentially change his mind about not wanting to leave NY. I love the guy and he has had a stellar year but his last few years in the league should be with a team that can truly contend. Unless, winning it all isn't really that important. Who knows.

Depends on the returns.

Rangers fans will be kicking themselves in any scenario in which Henrik is playing for a different team.

fuck, theyll be kicking themselves when they realized how stupid it was to ask for picks when they should have been going all in to win.

Depends on the returns.

Rangers fans will be kicking themselves in any scenario in which Henrik is playing for a different team.

fuck, theyll be kicking themselves when they realized how stupid it was to ask for picks when they should have been going all in to win.

I think the win it all ship has sailed off. They had several GREAT chances and came close. Reminds me the Knicks (with Ewing) in the 90s. Shit happens. Hank is the Rangers Patrick Ewing.

These past 2 seasons have been tough to stomach and I'm ready for changes and promise my own patience.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think the win it all ship has sailed off. They had several GREAT chances and came close. Reminds me the Knicks (with Ewing) in the 90s. Shit happens. Hank is the Rangers Patrick Ewing.

These past 2 seasons have been tough to stomach and I'm ready for changes and promise my own patience.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Perhaps.

Since this board was created, every single year has been "let's tear it down and sell". With a few more moves, it could have been different

Perhaps.

Since this board was created, every single year has been "let's tear it down and sell". With a few more moves, it could have been different

Personally, up through last year I gave this team a legit chance to make a run in the playoffs and was fine with them adding pieces they thought would work. This is the first time I'm officially against that idea based on what I've seen this season, plus the injuries to Kreider and Shatty. Even with a conferences filled with mediocrity I hate feeling this way, but I do.

Personally, up through last year I gave this team a legit chance to make a run in the playoffs and was fine with them adding pieces they thought would work. This is the first time I'm officially against that idea based on what I've seen this season, plus the injuries to Kreider and Shatty. Even with a conferences filled with mediocrity I hate feeling this way, but I do.

I know. You haven't , other than this season - understandable.

Just saying... "we've" been demanding a rebuild for 7 seasons, even though it's including conference and cup finals.

NY lotto... hey, you never know.

I'd rather go all in on the team, rather than a draft.

(Mostly regarding past teams, now, we have to wait and see)

Exactly. I’m more a year past that but after a trip to the finals and a trip to the ecf I understood the need to see if they could flip a switch. Last year and this year I view as opportunities to better position themselves for near future success. Even if the prospects acquired never play here but are used as currency to betterc the team maybe at next years deadline.

Exactly. I’m more a year past that but after a trip to the finals and a trip to the ecf I understood the need to see if they could flip a switch. Last year and this year I view as opportunities to better position themselves for near future success. Even if the prospects acquired never play here but are used as currency to betterc the team maybe at next years deadline.

To piggyback on that - I just think management has to be smart with moves. Even if you think this window is closing, looking at next year, with the same roster, they'll still be competitive. Progression of Buch, chytil, Lias, skjei... they could be competitive next season. Just need to be cognizant of the current situation, including next few seasons.

Maybe I just need a hug :bravery:

lol.

no, i think most of us are "see what happens in the next few weeks to see if we should sell" or "sell regardless"

I just think our current core is way too good to just ignore it and bank on a random draft pick to be better than ~Greztky to fix the organization. drafting for 4 years wont give you a better base than what we currently have.

lol.

no, i think most of us are "see what happens in the next few weeks to see if we should sell" or "sell regardless"

I just think our current core is way too good to just ignore it and bank on a random draft pick to be better than ~Greztky to fix the organization. drafting for 4 years wont give you a better base than what we currently have.

Except that you can't actually say this with certainty, and the odds of probability are not in your favor. Far more teams that draft high consistently, for a period of say 3-5 years, have found success than haven't.

Except that you can't actually say this with certainty, and the odds of probability are not in your favor. Far more teams that draft high consistently, for a period of say 3-5 years, have found success than haven't.
Phil that's not true. Again I've posted the numbers. Florida, Edmonton, Arizona, Buffalo, Winnipeg, Colorado. The list goes on. These teams have been in the top 10 in just about every draft for the last decade. What have they won?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

lol.

Our current core makes us the San Jose Sharks of the east. Always a bridesmaid...

We're probably three quality pieces from being a true contender, especially with McD playing as he is. Our window is rapidly closing - and if that isn't evident yet, it will be soon. Henrik's the only reason we're not sitting around drooling at highlights of Rasmus Dahlin already, and he can't stand on his head forever.

I think we're better off recognizing that now and offing a few pieces that wouldn't be on our 2020 team. We won't miss the kinds of players we're talking about trading. Nash can come back in FA if he's so inclined. Zucc and McD are value plays - both will command big bucks in the open market, and neither is going to get a big contract from us. If we can't compete today, and we can't compete next year, let someone overpay us for them.

Our 2020 team will be very, very different than this one, but the decisions made now can impact just how competitive it is. I'm willing to take that risk instead of continually trying to force the window open like we did in 98.

Archived