• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Should Look at Options on UFAs, May Be Willing to Listen on Zucc, McD

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dealing Zuc is a bad idea

Zucc is the team's quiet MVP, and a key playmaker. Deal him and the team is deader than dead, dead, dead.

I dunno if y'alls remember, back a number of years when this team was truly a turd floating in a bathtub, Zucc was brought on board and sparked a genre of creative offense the likes of which we hadn't seen in years. Zibs has some of what Zucc has, but Zucc is often the only one who plays with any fire consistently. I think he can still be part of the solution for the future Rangers if he can come to a reasonable deal.. If not, then, well all bets are off. I'd sooner part ways with Nash and/or Grabner than Zucc.

I doubt he’d speculate to the point of putting players on the lookout of possibly being dealt. He has a reputation to keep first and foremost with his peers and contacts within the nhl. If he has an insider with the rangers I would think that person would be upset if he was speculating that the ranges would listen to offers on their captain without truth behind it. That would be an easy way of closing doors to information. While I get it may draw attention it wouldn’t help his basic role within the media. Which is a trusted source to rumors and possible player movement

Here's my questions: If the Rangers fall out of contention and sell off Nash, Grabs, Zuc, McD, and or others, does Lundqvist request a trade in the off season ? He wants to win, and his window is 5 years (I'm being generous), so why would he stay knowing the next 2 or 3 could be growing pains ?

Or will Hank walk into Gorton's office and say "Fire AV, and trade everyone. I want all new teammates."

Look at what was on the ice tonight and who is a keeper? Rangers need to be sellers not buyers at the trade deadline

It?s unfortunate. I think the list of keepers is so small: Zib, Buch, Letteri...maybe Zucc, maybe Fast only because he?s incredibly reliable at what he does.

Not willing to go out on a limb and even add Hayes or Miller to the list.

Nash? Please get as much as you possibly can...

Vesey? See ya.

DD? Please gtfo.

Skjei? What have you done for me lately?

Kreider? Has value. Trade him.

I highly doubt McD to the Leafs would happen. Aren't the Leafs suppose to go all in on Tavares? Don't the Leafs have RFAs to sign after this season and next season (Auston Matthews).

Not necessarily. They have more use for McDonagh than they do Tavares. They do have RFAs to sign, yes, including an expensive extension for Nylander this summer, as well as Matthews next. But they've got a one-and-a-half-year window to do this in. This season or next before everything kicks in. With McDonagh under contract or one more year at just $4.7M, this is entirely plausible.

Before you go giving up proven players for others' "hot" prospects, take note that the Coyotes just gave up on Duclair and sent him to Chicago for a used puck bag. Its sort of like Emerson Etem. They get traded several times, successively for less.

Before you go giving up proven players for others' "hot" prospects, take note that the Coyotes just gave up on Duclair and sent him to Chicago for a used puck bag. Its sort of like Emerson Etem. They get traded several times, successively for less.

Well, I think we are all in agreement that we need to do something. that something has varying levels, based on the day and who is mentioning it.

These trades/ideas come from Gorton saying they were "rebuilding on the fly" over the summer. It's also apparent that there are obvious holes in the lineup. If management wants to compete, then they will make moves to help the current roster. If not, they'll make deals for picks.

There is not one particular way to rebuild, or some magical formula to win a cup.

If you can trade McDonagh for a return of Liljegren, Kapanen, 1st... I mean, thats tough to pass up. 2 guys that can make an impact next season, and possibly for seasons to come... just ideas

Well, I think we are all in agreement that we need to do something. that something has varying levels, based on the day and who is mentioning it.

These trades/ideas come from Gorton saying they were "rebuilding on the fly" over the summer. It's also apparent that there are obvious holes in the lineup. If management wants to compete, then they will make moves to help the current roster. If not, they'll make deals for picks.

There is not one particular way to rebuild, or some magical formula to win a cup.

If you can trade McDonagh for a return of Liljegren, Kapanen, 1st... I mean, thats tough to pass up. 2 guys that can make an impact next season, and possibly for seasons to come... just ideas

My god, where do I sign?

I think you're spot on. SOMETHING has to be done. This team was weak on paper coming into the season and has been weak on the ice from the get-go. I mean Rick Nash doesn't have as many points as Kessel Crosby or Malkin have goals. System here is broken. There isn't a single first line talent on the team. There isn't a single PPG player on the team. In years past the answer has been "depth scoring" but that hasn't worked. They need a shake up, a major one. Which ever players you consider the "core" just flat out aren't getting it done.

Considering they haven't won a game in regulation in almost a month it's a fucking miracle they're still in playoff position.

If the Islanders win tonight, they're out... We knew at the beginning of the year this one could hurt. Now it is. Absolutely must make the right moves by the deadline.

Archived