• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wrestlemania 30 and 31 were probably the last two I really liked. The others since weren't terrible, but not as good as those. Some were not that good.

Actually, now that I think about it, I had the Network during covid and watched whatever Mania that was when they did it in the training center.  I remember watching a junkyard brawl or whatever they called it.  I think it was with Taker but I don't remember the other guy.  I didn't watch much of it.

• 2 weeks later...

So what was everyone's thoughts on Mania?  In case anyone didn't watch live and plans on watching after the fact..

Spoiler

Night 1 was pretty fucking great in my opinion.  Better than night 2.  Cena losing is always good for me, even though Theory annoys me too.  I hate that he uses such big lifts in his boots lol.  Men's Tag team showcase was great.  Montez is going to be a fucking star.  Women's tag match sucked.  I hate watching the women but Rhea and Flair tore that fucking stadium down.  That match was great.  So happy Rhea won that one.  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank fucking goodness that KO and SZ won the tag titles.  I am so done with the Usos and Roman having all the belts.  That was a sick match as well.  

Night 2 I thought left a lot more to be desired.  Lesnar Omos was pretty meh.  The women's tag showcase sucked.  The IC match was really good.  I was fine with the outcome no matter who won really.  The HIAC match was great, kinda disappointed Gangrel and Christian didn't show up like I read was in the works.  I went buts when I heard "HERE COME'S THE MONEY" and there he came, the boy wonder, Shane-O-Mac.  And then I was soooo disappointed that he blew his quad out in about 8 seconds.  Like father like son, eh?  Cody and Roman put on a great match as well but man I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo done with Roman.  I mean seriously?  Of all the false finishes and finishers kicked out of...a fucking Solo Samoan Spike was the difference maker?  GTFOH

STILL NO FUCKING ROCK APPEARANCES, the whole fucking reason I started watching again in October.  Hey, it worked.  They pulled me back in.  My son watched a little bit of night 1 with me and both kids and my wife watched some of night two with me so that was nice.

Overall it was one of the best Wrestlemanias ever in my opinion. The last several have been very lackluster especially, so it was nice to have it feel like a Wrestlemania again. There was a stark contrast between the Triple H booked first night and the Vince McMahon booked second night, though. The first night was legit great. Triple H was always great at booking the big NXT Takeover events and that felt like a Wrestlemania Takeover. The second was mid at best, fueled by one of the best Wrestlemania main events you will see.

I get that Roman Reigns is a feel, but him needing help to win just about every championship match makes him look weak. Unfortunately you can see McMahon has his hands in the cookie car when it comes to booking because he had a huge say in Monday Night RAW and that was one of the worst shows I have seen. It sounds like there's a lot of conflict backstage with some of the bigger superstars, male and female, not being pleased about the current situation at all. Apparently Triple H had a good show booked and Vince made wholesale changes that upset the roster. 

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Overall it was one of the best Wrestlemanias ever in my opinion. The last several have been very lackluster especially, so it was nice to have it feel like a Wrestlemania again. There was a stark contrast between the Triple H booked first night and the Vince McMahon booked second night, though. The first night was legit great. Triple H was always great at booking the big NXT Takeover events and that felt like a Wrestlemania Takeover. The second was mid at best, fueled by one of the best Wrestlemania main events you will see.

I get that Roman Reigns is a feel, but him needing help to win just about every championship match makes him look weak. Unfortunately you can see McMahon has his hands in the cookie car when it comes to booking because he had a huge say in Monday Night RAW and that was one of the worst shows I have seen. It sounds like there's a lot of conflict backstage with some of the bigger superstars, male and female, not being pleased about the current situation at all. Apparently Triple H had a good show booked and Vince made wholesale changes that upset the roster. 

Yea I read the same regarding Vince changing around Raw.  I wonder what would have been because it was a bit of a let down.  The whole Lesnar thing was out of left field to me but I saw the graphic made of him doing the exact same thing to Cena after Wrestlemania some years ago.  So Vince is regurgitating his own story lines now lol. 

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea I read the same regarding Vince changing around Raw.  I wonder what would have been because it was a bit of a let down.  The whole Lesnar thing was out of left field to me but I saw the graphic made of him doing the exact same thing to Cena after Wrestlemania some years ago.  So Vince is regurgitating his own story lines now lol. 

Yeah it's basically 2012 all over again.

16 hours ago, Phil said:

Well, thankfully it's not another TV show as it's been rumored they were adding another one. A big UK event is much better.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Nice! I wasn't really feeling the WWE rumors with him. He didn't really seem like he wanted to go there, and not sure it was really a fit. I just wasn't getting those vibes. He probably wasn't thrilled with the McMahon, which I'm sure made his decision easier. With the rumored unhappiness again in the WWE locker room, Khan is licking his chops once again.

Edited by Sharpshooter

I mean, I always expected him to go to AEW. All his friends are there. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point here we get another Bullet Club reunion or BC-style feud with the Adams (Cole and Page), Omega, the Bucks, Juice, and Jay White.

This feels like the least surprising news of the week. I know lots of folks had aspirations of him going to WWE, but let's be real — he'd piss nuclear and never even make it to television in the first place. Total red herring.

No doubt. I never saw him as a good fit with WWE anyway. You are right about that. Knowing WWE they wouldn't use him properly anyway.

I've been out of the loop with AEW news, but has there been more talk about them adding a third weekly show? I saw that was on the table awhile back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh, man. That sucks. RIP. His Biography was on A&E not too long ago and it was very good. I didn't know that one of his daughters was murdered.

I'm sure he'll still find a way to bash Hogan on Twitter.

I just saw that Biography on Sunday night!  Pretty good too!  Always got a kick outta the Sheik!  Those matches with Slaughter were great!