• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

12 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Apparently there's a rumor that they could be bought by the Saudi group that WWE has been working with for quite some time. That would be...something.

Saw that when I woke up this morning.  A lot of guys quoted as saying they're 100% done if the sale happens.  I didn't have a chance to read the post but I'm sure its typical clickbait. 

New Report on WWE Sale, Stephanie McMahon and Paul Levesque's "Opposition," Saudi Arabia

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-sale-paul-levesque-stephanie-mcmamhon-opposed-saudi-arabia-not-the-favorite/

According to Meltzer, the nation reportedly isn't the frontrunner as of right now. Other potential buyers include Comcast, Disney, Amazon, Netflix and Endeavor. Meltzer wrote this week, "Those at WWE said that Saudi Arabia was in the running but not the favorite."

I would love for Netflix or Amazon to get the deal if it means moving the entire library off of Peacock and over to the buyer's app platform.  We have Disney+ too but I don't wanna see WWE being anymore neutered than it already is by becoming a Disney property.  Yuck.

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

New Report on WWE Sale, Stephanie McMahon and Paul Levesque's "Opposition," Saudi Arabia

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-sale-paul-levesque-stephanie-mcmamhon-opposed-saudi-arabia-not-the-favorite/

I would love for Netflix or Amazon to get the deal if it means moving the entire library off of Peacock and over to the buyer's app platform.  We have Disney+ too but I don't wanna see WWE being anymore neutered than it already is by becoming a Disney property.  Yuck.

I don't really like Netflix or Disney that much, but it would be Netflix if I had to choose. If the Saudis bought in, you're talking about tons of backlash and fans and wrestlers leaving. That doesn't seem ideal to me, but I don't know if Vince gives a shit if all he wants is absolute power.

20 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't really like Netflix or Disney that much, but it would be Netflix if I had to choose. If the Saudis bought in, you're talking about tons of backlash and fans and wrestlers leaving. That doesn't seem ideal to me, but I don't know if Vince gives a shit if all he wants is absolute power.

I'm only looking to make it easier for me to have access to the library.  I have been hesitant to subscribe to Peacock just for the WWE library.  Its an app I wouldn't use otherwise.  If it was picked up by Netflix, something I already have and don't have to pay for, I would be happier than a pig in shit.

16 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm only looking to make it easier for me to have access to the library.  I have been hesitant to subscribe to Peacock just for the WWE library.  Its an app I wouldn't use otherwise.  If it was picked up by Netflix, something I already have and don't have to pay for, I would be happier than a pig in shit.

I would still keep Peacock myself, but I understand where you're coming from. Peacock itself isn't the best streaming service and it's \always run slowly for me and their originals really aren't anything special. We'll see what happens with the sale. It's possible we don't see a resolution until the Spring or Summer easily.

Is he related to Gerry?  Not sure if that is a ring name spelled differently from his real name or not.  Although I guess why would anyone want to hide the fact that you're a part of that Brisco family?

Also, I hate to sound like I keep bashing on the current show compared to the glory days , but, does anyone else notice how terribly the commercial breaks are sometimes implemented on Raw and Smackdown?  Like the other night for the US Championship six pack challenge on Raw.  They came back from a commercial break, did the 6 entrances, and then cut right back to another commercial break just as the match started.  There was another spot that annoyed me but I can't remember which match.

Also LA Knight looks like a jacked up Shooter McGavin, yeaaaa.

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

This is so depressing.

I saw that earlier today too.  Gut wrenching.  The one I read had a longer quote though.  Something along the lines of: 

Waking up every morning and my boy is gone.  But he's not on vacation, or away with friends.  He is gone, and not coming back.  Sometimes I wonder why I get out of bed at all. 

Or something along those lines.  What happen to his son?

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I saw that earlier today too.  Gut wrenching.  The one I read had a longer quote though.  Something along the lines of: 

Waking up every morning and my boy is gone.  But he's not on vacation, or away with friends.  He is gone, and not coming back.  Sometimes I wonder why I get out of bed at all. 

Or something along those lines.  What happen to his son?

His son was found dead. It sounded like it was alcohol related, like he had a lot and his body just shut down. Kevin had mentioned that he was battling alcoholism for awhile and trying to get straight.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Legit worried about him. He lost his best friend and his son. Ugh.

Same. That's not a joke, either, what he said. I really hope his friends are actively working with him through this time.

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

OHHHHHHH!!!  The Kliq This podcast graphic reminded me of something else I wanted to ask you guys.  WTF is with AJ Styles' OC faction using the Kliq's hand gesture whenever they're introduced?  

Styles is one of the early members of Bullet Club, which is essentially the Japanese version of the nWo. It was founded by Prince Devitt (Finn Balor), Ryusuke Taguchi, Karl Anderson, Bad Luck Fale, and Tama Tonga. Styles lead the group after Devitt left NJPW in 2014. Eventually, Omega took over in 2016 when Styles, Anderson, and Gallows left for WWE.

They "too sweet" as a kind of homage to nWo, but it's somewhat tongue in cheek.

There's a whole history to BC that's pretty interesting to read about if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_Club

• Thanks 1