• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

On 1/30/2023 at 6:06 PM, Sharpshooter said:

We could see a little group of Jey, Sami and Owen's going against the rest of them. That's probably what's going to happen.

Maybe , I was hoping for bloodline last night but guess we are gonna wait till Monday . I just worry bout Cody,Sami is so over,I feel if they don’t go anywhere meaningful with the Sami/Roman story ,they could turn on Cody and this could be another Daniel Bryan situation 

13 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

Maybe , I was hoping for bloodline last night but guess we are gonna wait till Monday . I just worry bout Cody,Sami is so over,I feel if they don’t go anywhere meaningful with the Sami/Roman story ,they could turn on Cody and this could be another Daniel Bryan situation 

Very possible. I think WWE may have a problem with how over Sami is compared to Cody and him making his destiny run. I'm not sure if the fans will actually turn on Cody though. He'll still be very popular, and can reel people in with a great promo as we saw again on Monday. He's great at that and will do just enough to keep the fans on his side. Having said that, Sami is probably the most over person in the company right now.

@-ERIK- @Sharpshooter Agreed with all posted so far except Gunther.  There is just something about him that I can't get behind.  Respect the work but not a fan of the character.  Agreed that it seems like the IC Title is getting a bit of a bump there.  Although you could argue that the biggest bump for both the IC and the US Titles is the lack of Roman on tv every Monday and Friday with his two belts.  I want a working champ so I can't wait until they take the belts off of him and I hope it happens before he breaks anymore championship reign(no pun intended) records.  I also hope they split the belts when it happens.  

Both Rumbles were predictable but I was surprised they had Brock tossed so quickly though.  Cody should have entered in the early to mid 20s and built up some kind of story.  The Ricochet/Paul spot was sick.  Rhea was awesome.  I am not into the goth scene whatsoever but I fucking love her.  The rest of the women are pretty much trash.  I cannot stand watching them wrestle.  I hope Rhea goes ham on all of them.

As far as Sami goes, he'll probably get his shot at Elimination Chamber.  I'd love to see him go over that night and then offer to split the belts at Mania somehow.  If the belts are off Reigns there is a chance they'll put Rock over at Mania if he is able to make the show, which I think he will.  I think this whole "ring shape" excuse is all a sham to throw everyone off.  However, I feel if Reigns is still the champ there is no way Rock will win and I wanna see Rock win.  Fuck Roman.  Which was my favorite spot of the Rumble.  The Fuck You Roman chants.  It made my heart smile haha.

I was pretty disappointed when nothing happened with the Bloodline on Monday night.  I guess we'll find out on Smackdown.  I hope they don't make us wait another week until Raw next Monday.  Jey is another interesting angle, I have no idea where that's gonna go.

Off topic, I mentioned Saturday night that I ended up signing up for Peacock for a year.  I went back and skimmed through last year's WrestleMania and wow I didn't know Owens was such a heel.  I also had no clue Austin came back for a match!  That was fucking great.  I may or may not have popped wood when I heard his pop when the glass broke...shit!  The spot with him and Vince after the Austin Theory match on night 2 was terrible though.  That stunner was worse than the first stunner waaaaaayyyyyyyy back in, what, 97?  When Austin came out in the suit and then told Vince he is no ones champ or whatever his phrasing was and then gave Vince his first stunner that looked terrible.  The good old days lol.

Anyway, I plan to keep watching everything from WrestleMania up until I started watching again in October just to see what got us where we are.  Hopefully I can knock it out quickly.  Its probably not necessary but what the hell, why not?  I have the sub now, may as well use it.

Edited by SaveByRichter35

20 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

What happen with Daniel Bryan?  All I know about him is he started those stupid fucking Yes Yes Yes chants that the stupid Islander fans copied and I know he had to call it quits early because of concussion issues.

18 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What happen with Daniel Bryan?  All I know about him is he started those stupid fucking Yes Yes Yes chants that the stupid Islander fans copied and I know he had to call it quits early because of concussion issues.

The fans got so behind him he he was so over that it forced their hand to pretty much have him win the title or there probably would have been a revolt.

Elimination chamber is in Montreal,they need to give Sami his shot there if not Mania .

Jey is also over as hell now,they can have him team with Sami or just have this be a little deviation from bloodline only to ultimately go back to bloodline and screw Sami over,but I would love to see Jey go against Roman again .

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/07/wwe-hall-of-famer-jerry-lawler-medical-emergency-rushed-hospital/

On 2/3/2023 at 3:55 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

WWE shop is promoting new Sami Zayn shirts that are still a tribal gimmick but has his name on duct tape over the name USO.  

Haven’t bought a wrestling shirt since y2j but that’s not bad 

• 2 weeks later...

They made Sami look amazing in a losing effort. I don't think that could've been done any better. You knew he wasn't winning, but they made it believable and that's what you want when you watch wrestling. When there's storytelling like that, it makes predictability worth it.

Overall a very enjoyable show.

• Bullseye 1

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

They made Sami look amazing in a losing effort. I don't think that could've been done any better. You knew he wasn't winning, but they made it believable and that's what you want when you watch wrestling. When there's storytelling like that, it makes predictability worth it.

Overall a very enjoyable show.

That was a fucking great match.  You knew Sami wasn't going to win but some of those false finishes really had me on the edge of my seat.  Incredibly well done.  I'm glad they got Owens involved being a local boy too.  I can't wait for Raw tomorrow night.  The Uso cliffhanger is going to be good.

Aside from the main event, I really wanna see Montez Ford continue on this singles run.  He is so much fun to watch.  Nothing against Dawkins, he's pretty good in his own right, but Ford has something special that I think a real singles push could really benefit him...and us as fans lol.  Maybe a singles push on the side of his current tag run with Dawkins.  They're too much fun to separate altogether.  

I read that Orton is due back soon.  With Riddle still out, I wonder if Orton goes singles or maybe teams up with Edge to help him with Judgement Day.  I wouldn't mind seeing Orton go after Roman.  I know they're pushing Cody but there's just something about him that doesn't scream Undisputed Champ to me.  He's a fantastic face, he's above average on the mic, but some of his in-ring work isn't as polished as a Champ should be.  Granted, there have been worse champs in the past lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 5:01 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Off topic, I mentioned Saturday night that I ended up signing up for Peacock for a year.  I went back and skimmed through last year's WrestleMania and wow I didn't know Owens was such a heel.  I also had no clue Austin came back for a match!  That was fucking great.  I may or may not have popped wood when I heard his pop when the glass broke...shit!  The spot with him and Vince after the Austin Theory match on night 2 was terrible though.  That stunner was worse than the first stunner waaaaaayyyyyyyy back in, what, 97?  When Austin came out in the suit and then told Vince he is no ones champ or whatever his phrasing was and then gave Vince his first stunner that looked terrible.  The good old days lol.

Anyway, I plan to keep watching everything from WrestleMania up until I started watching again in October just to see what got us where we are.  Hopefully I can knock it out quickly.  Its probably not necessary but what the hell, why not?  I have the sub now, may as well use it.

So I caught myself up from WrestleMania last year up to Crown Jewel, which was the first PLE after I started watching again this year.  I recently started to re-watch from the 1/1/01 Raw a few weeks before the Royal Rumble and then moving forward from there.  Finished the Rumble last night.  I can't wait to watch WrestleMania 17 again.  Man this was such a fun time.  Every night on Raw and SmackDown the main events are featuring Rock, Austin, Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Rikishi, Triple H.  A WWF Title match (between Angle and Austin) on a random Raw in January.  That would NEVER happen these days.  I mean shit I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times I actually saw Roman in a match on Monday or Friday in the almost year(technically) I have been watching, let alone a title match lol.