• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Yeah, I really think Rock is winning the belt at Wrestlemania. He's said he plans on being around long term (him being on the Board of TKO helps). Because of that, I can't see him putting Roman over as I initially thought when I expected this match to happen initially. Plus I think they're getting people riled up on purpose to serve as a distraction for all the McMahon stuff.

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I really think Rock is winning the belt at Wrestlemania. He's said he plans on being around long term (him being on the Board of TKO helps). Because of that, I can't see him putting Roman over as I initially thought when I expected this match to happen initially. Plus I think they're getting people riled up on purpose to serve as a distraction for all the McMahon stuff.

All the online bickering about being pissed Cody is losing his spot.  Dude, people need to fucking relax.  Nothing has been said yet.  We don't know the plans yet.  I bet this is all a big work and people are falling for it.  Just let the damn storyline play out.  I can't wait for tonight.

Regarding Rock and the belt, I don't know.  I just can't see them having him go over Roman for the belt.  Non title, I can see there being a chance.  But I doubt they have the title change at Mania.  I think they're definitely going for Hogan's record, unfortunately.  Regardless, the next 2 months are going to be insane.  @Phil I know you said you'll never watch WWE again but man this stuff is must see the past few weeks.  Just jump back on again, we won't hold it against you.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about this, but I'm still in wait and see mode. As you said, there's plenty of time. Maybe there's a triple threat in the works who knows. We'll see if Rock wins the belt or not, it wouldn't surprise me the way things are right now. If It's Cody vs. Rollins for the WHC, then Cody is getting that belt.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about this, but I'm still in wait and see mode. As you said, there's plenty of time. Maybe there's a triple threat in the works who knows. We'll see if Rock wins the belt or not, it wouldn't surprise me the way things are right now. If It's Cody vs. Rollins for the WHC, then Cody is getting that belt.

Which part specifically are you not thrilled about?

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Which part specifically are you not thrilled about?

Rhodes basically giving away his spot against Roman to the Rock. Why have him win the Rumble again then? So, he can just pivot to the WHC, which WWE themselves has basically named a 'secondary' belt. This is like Stone Cold in his prime giving up his championship shot to Hulk Hogan. No one wants to see The Rock in that spot, and they make Cody look like a cuck.

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Rhodes basically giving away his spot against Roman to the Rock. Why have him win the Rumble again then? So, he can just pivot to the WHC, which WWE themselves has basically named a 'secondary' belt. This is like Stone Cold in his prime giving up his championship shot to Hulk Hogan. No one wants to see The Rock in that spot, and they make Cody look like a cuck.

Yea I agree.  I am happy as fuck its finally happening, but, if its going to end up being for the belt then I am not thrilled about how it is happening.  I've said all along since I started watching again that Roman Rock shouldn't be for the belt.  I also don't want it to be a triple threat either.  Punk going down opens up something to happen at the Chamber that previously wouldn't have been in the plans.  I am looking forward to seeing how they do this.

Also, please don't ever compare Cody to Austin...I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that lol.  I know that's how they're trying to push him, its just not the same idc how much they try.  

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea I agree.  I am happy as fuck its finally happening, but, if its going to end up being for the belt then I am not thrilled about how it is happening.  I've said all along since I started watching again that Roman Rock shouldn't be for the belt.  I also don't want it to be a triple threat either.  Punk going down opens up something to happen at the Chamber that previously wouldn't have been in the plans.  I am looking forward to seeing how they do this.

Also, please don't ever compare Cody to Austin...I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that lol.  I know that's how they're trying to push him, its just not the same idc how much they try.  

There was no comparison. I was just saying imagine prime Stone Cold giving up his title shot to Hulk Hogan. Ridiculous, just like this.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Okay. Well, if this is a work and they just wanted even more people behind Cody, it's working. lol

Depends who you ask.  All the crybabies are making me love it more lol.  I was reading a reddit about what Dwayne said to Cody when they embraced on SD.  Fucking gold.  The shit some people were coming up with was hysterical.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...