• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

I'm sure it was. I just can't stand these tournaments. I honestly don't like any tournaments. I watched TNA every single week for years until they got to the "World Title Series" and I literally skipped for like three straight months because it was just a slog of random ass matches to eventually crown Bobby Roode. I hated every second of it, and I probably watched four seconds. LOL.

Sorta, yeah, but if you really look back at the KOTR tournament, it made very few stars. The only two I can think of who really benefited from it were Owen Hart and Steve Austin, and Austin did it mostly in spite of the tournament. It happened through it, but he was really born based on that promo he cut on Jake Roberts after the final.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shit's getting crowded at the top in WWE.  Orton finally comes back from injury the same night Punk debuts.  I still have to watch this past Friday's Smackdown but from the hint during his Jinder Mahal promo on Raw, sounds like Rock might have something coming with Reigns.  Cody, LA Knight, McIntyre, and Seth still looming.

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Shit's getting crowded at the top in WWE.  Orton finally comes back from injury the same night Punk debuts.  I still have to watch this past Friday's Smackdown but from the hint during his Jinder Mahal promo on Raw, sounds like Rock might have something coming with Reigns.  Cody, LA Knight, McIntyre, and Seth still looming.

WWE is on fire right now. This might be their best Wrestlemania season of all time, or at least in a very long time. From now until the big event is stacked. The Rock is definitely here for awhile and will probably have a match with Reigns at Elimination Chamber. Roman wins and loses the belt to Cody in the Wrestlemania re-match.

• 2 weeks later...

As of January 2025, Monday Night RAW, among other things will be moving to Netflix as part of a huge brand new deal.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/raw-netflix-tko-partnership-january-2025

STAMFORD, Conn., January 23, 2024 – WWE, part of TKO Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: TKO), and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced a long-term partnership that will bring WWE’s flagship weekly program – Raw – to the world’s leading entertainment service. This marks a major programming shift as Raw leaves linear television for the first time since its inception 31 years ago. 

Beginning in January 2025, Netflix will be the exclusive new home of Raw in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Latin America, among other territories, with additional countries and regions to be added over time. Likewise, as part of the agreement, Netflix will also become the home for all WWE shows and specials outside the U.S. as available, inclusive of Raw and WWE’s other weekly shows – SmackDown and NXT – as well as the company’s Premium Live Events, including WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Royal Rumble. WWE’s award-winning documentaries, original series and forthcoming projects will also be available on Netflix internationally beginning in 2025. 

“This deal is transformative,” said Mark Shapiro, TKO President and COO. “It marries the can’t-miss WWE product with Netflix’s extraordinary global reach and locks in significant and predictable economics for many years. Our partnership fundamentally alters and strengthens the media landscape, dramatically expands the reach of WWE, and brings weekly live appointment viewing to Netflix.”

“We are excited to have WWE Raw, with its huge and passionate multigenerational fan base, on Netflix,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer, Bela Bajaria. “By combining our reach, recommendations, and fandom with WWE, we’ll be able to deliver more joy and value for their audiences and our members. Raw is the best of sports entertainment, blending great characters and storytelling with live action 52 weeks a year and we’re thrilled to be in this long-term partnership with WWE.”

“In its relatively short history, Netflix has engineered a phenomenal track record for storytelling,” said Nick Khan, WWE President. “We believe Netflix, as one of the world’s leading entertainment brands, is the ideal long-term home for Raw’s live, loyal, and ever-growing fan base." 

With 1,600 episodes to date, Raw is the most iconic show in sports entertainment. Since its debut in 1993, Raw has delivered action, compelling drama and unmatched athleticism – 52 weeks a year. Blending the best of scripted content with unpredictable live entertainment, the three-hour show has helped launch the careers of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Triple  H, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair. 

The show is currently the No. 1 show on USA Network, where it brings in 17.5 million unique viewers over the course of the year. One of television’s best performing shows in the 18-49 advertising demographic, Raw trends on X 52 weeks a year while each new episode is airing. On social media, WWE has more than one billion followers across its platforms.

C'mon, Phil, you know you want to. It's funny because you say when you watch wrestling, you mostly watch for the storylines and stuff. Yet you don't watch WWE and they're much better at that sort of thing (usually) than AEW, which is terribly booked most of the time. lol

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

C'mon, Phil, you know you want to. It's funny because you say when you watch wrestling, you mostly watch for the storylines and stuff. Yet you don't watch WWE and they're much better at that sort of thing (usually) than AEW, which is terribly booked most of the time. lol

I know. It's why I fast-forward through 80% of AEW lol. That company is a random match generator. But I have a moral conflict with supporting WWE. It was an abusive relationship for too long ("...and the right side won again!"). I told myself never again. So... never again.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

I know. It's why I fast-forward through 80% of AEW lol. That company is a random match generator. But I have a moral conflict with supporting WWE. It was an abusive relationship for too long ("...and the right side won again!"). I told myself never again. So... never again.

That's understandable. They 'won' and were obnoxious about it for a very long time. It was a selfish way to go about it. Yeah, you 'won' but wrestling and wrestling fans lost.

• Keeps it 100 1