• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Only lately? lol

Yeah, that was a good segment. Christian is such a great shit face heel. lol The moment where he eventually turns face and teams with Edge again is going to be amazing.

I gotta make sure to follow this one, Sharpy!!  I see Jericho wrestles there too.  He owes that one guy who jumped him an ass kicking!!!  😃

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I gotta make sure to follow this one, Sharpy!!  I see Jericho wrestles there too.  He owes that one guy who jumped him an ass kicking!!!  😃

That was a cool backstage segment there. I'm sure Edge is excited to be around some more of his old buddies again. He looks refreshed and reinvigorated. His most recent WWE run was good and all, but the last few months, it was clear they really didn't have anything for him. I think they figured he was going to retire, or perhaps just wanted him to. There's really nothing more for him to do there anyway. He's done it all, and then some. He doesn't owe them anything.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

AEW isn't without faults, just like any company, but I say stick around, Oz. I think you'll dig it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Only lately? lol

Yeah, that was a good segment. Christian is such a great shit face heel. lol The moment where he eventually turns face and teams with Edge again is going to be amazing.

The go f yourself was great lol

them Feuding first will be good 

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Did you guys cathc the Edge Vs. Lucha dude last night???

Looks like they're setting up the Christian turn already....He smacked him with the belt and tossed it to Christian!!  Love that kinda shit!!!  😃

That was an Eddie Guerrero tactic right there. The payoff for all of this is going to be so good.

• VINNY! 1

Adam Copeland threw dig at Ricky Starks during AEW Collision for ripping off The Rock. Starks then followed that up by saying that Copeland went “over the edge.” That was quite a line that referred to Adam Copeland’s WWE name, but it was also the name of the WWE pay-per-view where Owen Hart lost his life.

During Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Adam Copeland and Ricky Starks got a little heated during that promo. This is the reason why things panned out as they did on television.

“It was awkward. I mean, it was very clear that something got started, and they were, at that point it was not scripted. One of them got a little bit mad and the other one got mad back, I mean, you can make it work, there’s nothing wrong with it, but it wasn’t smooth, I was like ‘where is this going?’ They’re professionals, and they finished it.”

“You know, it was that vanilla midget line, like wow, what a terrible line, you know what I mean? It was just brutal.”

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2023/10/16/adam-copeland-ricky-starks-were-legit-upset-over-unscripted-insults-during-aew-collision/

This company really is the wild west.

• The Chyt! 1

YES! TNA! TNA! TNA!

Add to this, apparently Ospreay has interest in signing with them (as he should — he'd be incredibly crowded out with AEW, which is who I think most folks assumed he'd sign with), and Punk was backstage during TNA's most recent TV taping that Ace Steel worked as a producer!

Despite internet speculation, Punk did not appear at the 2023 Bound For Glory PPV in Chicago as he attended the Chicago Blackhawks home opener game instead. However, Punk was reportedly backstage at Sunday’s Impact tapings. Nick Hausman of HausOfWrestling.com noted the following…

“While backstage, we are told Punk was talking with anyone who wanted to get some time with him, including ‘key Impact talent’ that he spoke to throughout the taping. Since he had attended a taping earlier this year, we are told his presence did not faze any of the talent, as they were more used to his presence.”

Punk was said to have shown up closer to bell time to avoid making a scene. There continues to be speculation that Punk will work with Impact/TNA now that his longtime friend Ace Steel is working there as a producer.

https://nodq.com/news/update-on-cm-punk-and-impact-wrestling-amidst-internet-speculation/

13 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

That's great! I always called it TNA anyway. lol

Hopefully Punk winds up there as that's really his only option now. We know Tony doesn't want him and I highly doubt Triple H/WWE wants him back either. Having him debut there with the TNA re-re-brand starting would be a cool thing to do.

I made a conscious effort to call it IMPACT, but it was always a struggle. It's TNA. It's always been TNA. I'm super pumped to see that brand revived.