• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Styles is one of the early members of Bullet Club, which is essentially the Japanese version of the nWo. It was founded by Prince Devitt (Finn Balor), Ryusuke Taguchi, Karl Anderson, Bad Luck Fale, and Tama Tonga. Styles lead the group after Devitt left NJPW in 2014. Eventually, Omega took over in 2016 when Styles, Anderson, and Gallows left for WWE.

They "too sweet" as a kind of homage to nWo, but it's somewhat tongue in cheek.

There's a whole history to BC that's pretty interesting to read about if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_Club

Thanks I'll check it out.  I've been going down YouTube rabbit holes trying to catch up on things that happened between now and 2010-14ish.

That was a solid show last night, great Sami Zayn segment. I guess it would have been a bit better if more past Legends could make it, but for a go-home show, it was good. The crowd was great and I loved the ECW chants. With Wrestlemania being in Philadelphia next year, you can guarantee Heyman is going into the Hall of Fame. It'll be a big year to celebrate ECW.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That was a solid show last night, great Sami Zayn segment. I guess it would have been a bit better if more past Legends could make it, but for a go-home show, it was good. The crowd was great and I loved the ECW chants. With Wrestlemania being in Philadelphia next year, you can guarantee Heyman is going into the Hall of Fame. It'll be a big year to celebrate ECW.

I LOVED the APA poker game segment.  The lone door in the middle of nowhere is so funny.  I laughed my ass off at that.  Loved Taker being back and surprisingly loved that he came out to American Badass after his bell toll.  They got me with the ref giving the X arm signal.  I thought that was real for a few moments and then I knew exactly where they were going with it. 

I don't usually get to watch these shows live as I usually work nights.  I end up streaming replays later that night for Smackdown or the next day for Raw(USA doesn't offer it until the next day).  SO MANY COMMERCIAL BREAKS.  I got fed up in the third hour of the show.  It felt like 35-40 minutes of commercials just in that last hour.  I turned it off after they went to yet another break after Austin Theory's entrance.  I put on something for both my wife and I to watch until she went to bed.  Figured I would go back and catch what I missed when I get home from work tonight. 

Spoiler

Unfortunately today I saw a post on Facebook showing that Brock came back back to interfere with the Lashley Theory match.  Pissed I missed that.  

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, it's why I record the show so I can fast forward through the commercials and whatever filler crap I don't want to watch. Sometimes it still feels like it's too long, though. lol

I don't have cable/satellite/Hulu/etc so I watch on the individual USA/FOX Sports apps.  USA is nice because you can fast forward the stream for Raw.  Fox Sports app I don't think you can.  Both apps have their own built in commercial spots.

Edit -  these are the streams after the fact, not while its a live broadcast.

Edited by SaveByRichter35

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sooooooo...what'd everyone think last night?  @Phil @Sharpshooter @-ERIK- 

Men’s rumble was predictable AND having Cody come in at 30 made it even worse

WYATT match was lame 

Bliss -belair was bad 

Rhea deserved that win

Thank god for Mcafee

main event was predictable but man the aftermath was amazing ,one of best payoffs and one of the best pops I’ve heard in a long time when Sami hit Roman with chair . Great story telling and the  crowd chanting fu Roman was awesome,some nuclear heat .

• Keeps it 100 1

13 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

Men’s rumble was predictable AND having Cody come in at 30 made it even worse

WYATT match was lame 

Bliss -belair was bad 

Rhea deserved that win

Thank god for Mcafee

main event was predictable but man the aftermath was amazing ,one of best payoffs and one of the best pops I’ve heard in a long time when Sami hit Roman with chair . Great story telling and the  crowd chanting fu Roman was awesome,some nuclear heat .

I echo all of this. I think we all knew Cody was going to win, but making him come in last and win without really any challenge didn't do him any favors. He should have entered firs or second, or middle of the pack at the very least. The Royal Rumble match itself wasn't that great anyway. I'm loving Gunther even more now. Honestly I was rooting for him to go to Wrestlemania. 70 minutes! Not only does it pump him up, it also makes the Intercontinental Championship look better, so kudos to Triple H on that. The ending saved this show from being a completed thumbs down from me.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I echo all of this. I think we all knew Cody was going to win, but making him come in last and win without really any challenge didn't do him any favors. He should have entered firs or second, or middle of the pack at the very least. The Royal Rumble match itself wasn't that great anyway. I'm loving Gunther even more now. Honestly I was rooting for him to go to Wrestlemania. 70 minutes! Not only does it pump him up, it also makes the Intercontinental Championship look better, so kudos to Triple H on that. The ending saved this show from being a completed thumbs down from me.

The ending def saved it 

I’m excited to see how and what direction they go with bloodline since jey also turned his back on them , will he fall back in line or will he side with Sami ?

how Does Cody get involved in this and will rock make an appearance.