• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

What a moment this was! WOOOO!!

Remember when I said I'd rather watch Sting and Ric Flair wrestle in wheelchairs than watch WWE? I sorta didn't mean it literally, but also, I would.

• VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Remember when I said I'd rather watch Sting and Ric Flair wrestle in wheelchairs than watch WWE? I sorta didn't mean it literally, but also, I would.

lol Same. Maybe Flair has a few more matches up his sleeve in AEW? Sting's last match won't be until February/March or whatever. Maybe they team up a bit since Alin is hurt? Whatever happens, I'm here for it.

54 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh, I wasn't really hoping either. I really don't want to see that. lol But yeah, still nice to see him involved. I figured he would do something with AEW at some point, and working a bit with Sting one last time is perfect.

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long to get him there. When they signed Andrade, I figured Flair wouldn't be far behind.

• 3 weeks later...

Ospreay was probably always going there. I read there was a lot of pressure to try to get him to fully emigrate to the States, particularly to sign with WWE. AEW doesn't seem to put those same pressures on their talents — they have lots of guys who live abroad and who are just brought in on visas. PAC, Lucha Bros, etc.

Rousey, I read, was on a handshake deal. Seems likely she'll get brought in, but probably short-term.

Goldberg?

I mean, sure. But this also kinda illustrates the "problem" with AEW – they fantasy book matches, not stories. In a lot of ways it's how they fundamentally differentiate their product, but I'm old school. I'd much rather see a great long-term storytelling feud than random "dream matches."

46 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, sure. But this also kinda illustrates the "problem" with AEW – they fantasy book matches, not stories. In a lot of ways it's how they fundamentally differentiate their product, but I'm old school. I'd much rather see a great long-term storytelling feud than random "dream matches."

Me too. Long term booking is the way to go. WWE has gotten better in that regard over the last year or so, thankfully. If AEW can do that, they can be unstoppable. A lot of their matches are good, but some are just spot fests that don't really tell a good story.

I mean, call me crazy, but I legitimately do not care about "dream matches." I want dream booking. I want stories. I want a reason to watch Ospreay wrestle whomever. When I look at AEW, I'm constantly torn. Some of what they do they do an amazing job building to. Christian Cage is must-watch TV. Some random "dream match" between like Danielson and Andrade... isn't.

The match everyone is talking about is Swerve vs. Hangman. For good reason: it was a legitimate blood feud. I can do without the literal blood spots, but they've forced people to care about the outcome of this feud. It's not just random guy versus random guy, whoa look at all the cool flips!