• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 1 month later...

Since it's back to back shows, it's three full hours, right? Do they do anything extra?

This whole thing with Vince totally wreaks of an inside job and people just wanting him gone. He gets caught with this and then all of a sudden he retires? lol I see Triple H is back in control of Talent Relations, but has now taken over full control of all creative. No more Bruce Pritchard. WWE still has work to do, but I hope this is kind of them draining the swamp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WWE is now enjoyable to watch again. Great return for Gargano last night, and it's only a matter of time before Wyatt comes back. It's only been a few weeks and the Triple H factor is already big. There's still some work to be done with NXT, but this is the first time in who knows how long that I have hope in this company.

Monday Night Raw is coming to my neck of the woods in November, so I went ahead and got a ticket. I haven't been to a Raw taping since 1999!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

WWE is now enjoyable to watch again. Great return for Gargano last night, and it's only a matter of time before Wyatt comes back. It's only been a few weeks and the Triple H factor is already big. There's still some work to be done with NXT, but this is the first time in who knows how long that I have hope in this company.

Monday Night Raw is coming to my neck of the woods in November, so I went ahead and got a ticket. I haven't been to a Raw taping since 1999!

I kinda just really came back to watch an episode or 2, Sharpy.  I don't know a lot of the guys, but I'm going to try and catch on a little better.  Still some old guys hanging around like Edge, and Mysterio, which is cool.

Those old Monday night wars were the shit though. 

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I kinda just really came back to watch an episode or 2, Sharpy.  I don't know a lot of the guys, but I'm going to try and catch on a little better.  Still some old guys hanging around like Edge, and Mysterio, which is cool.

Those old Monday night wars were the shit though. 

Yes, that was the best time to be a wrestling fan. Something like that will never happen again, for several reasons, which makes it even more special. While I didn't like every single thing about the 'Attitude Era', everyone brought it every week, and you could respect that. As far as WWE goes, I thought the 'Ruthless Aggression' era of the early 2000's was much better actually. I'm very happy for Edge that he was able to come back and retire now on his own terms.

I do think this is a good time to get back into it because a lot of guys (and girls) who were let go are coming back after a few months, so you can get acquainted.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 8:28 AM, Sharpshooter said:

HHH is actually putting some meaning storylines and making the Intercontinental titles and tag team titles meaningful again.

Gargano,Lumis back is nice as well. And he seems to be letting KO do his thing which is great to see.

Would love to see Wyatt back but not as the fiend and soon Sasha will be back as well.

4 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

HHH is actually putting some meaning storylines and making the Intercontinental titles and tag team titles meaningful again.

Gargano,Lumis back is nice as well. And he seems to be letting KO do his thing which is great to see.

Would love to see Wyatt back but not as the fiend and soon Sasha will be back as well.

Yeah, I could see Wyatt come back as a new character altogether instead of his Fiend gimmick or his 'regular' one. I still think NXT needs some work, but it's getting there. Overall I'm actually somewhat looking forward to watching WWE programming which is a big step up compared to the last 10-14 years or so.

Punishment for that backstage fight, Sports Illustrated has learned, will include suspensions for every person involved. The list of those receiving suspensions includes Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson, Pat Buck, Christopher Daniels, Michael Nakazawa, and Brandon Cutler. Multiple sources have shared that Punk and Ace Steel will either be among those suspended, or will no longer be with the company by the end of Wednesday. Punk met with Khan on Tuesday, so the two had an opportunity to discuss how that exit could be handled.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/9/7/23340797/young-bucks-kenny-omega-suspended-aew-cm-punk-fired-possibly-all-out-brawl

Sure sounds like Punk is about to be stripped of the title ... again. This is honestly the weirdest two-time championship story I've ever encountered. The guy has been dramatically injured now both times he's won, immediately after winning. He's literally never defended the title either time he's won.

Punk went off in the post-PPV presser. It all boils down to the relationship he had with Colt Cabanna, which was destroyed like a decade ago.

Punk ended up going off on Cabanna, talking about how he paid his bills, and how he wanted to end his relationship with him well before it did. Said he shares a bank account with his mother. He then ran down all of the Elite, saying that the EVPs "couldn't manage a Target," and spread lies, presumably about him and Cabanna. He also called Adam Page an "empty-headed dumb fuck" for "going into business for himself."

59 minutes ago, Phil said:

Punk went off in the post-PPV presser. It all boils down to the relationship he had with Colt Cabanna, which was destroyed like a decade ago.

Punk ended up going off on Cabanna, talking about how he paid his bills, and how he wanted to end his relationship with him well before it did. Said he shares a bank account with his mother. He then ran down all of the Elite, saying that the EVPs "couldn't manage a Target," and spread lies, presumably about him and Cabanna. He also called Adam Page an "empty-headed dumb fuck" for "going into business for himself."

I don't know who any of those people are lol.  The only part of his presser that I saw was him bashing the Pens, but that was from a hockey page. 

"Lots of unconfirmed people saying," is a weird way of writing "fans on Twitter." 🤣

Dave Meltzer reported earlier that Punk apparently has already undergone surgery to repair what's believed to be a torn muscle in his arm (tricep), which is an 8-month recovery.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/998846/backstage-update-on-extent-of-cm-punks-injury-following-all-out/

If you ask me, if he hasn't been fired yet, I'm not sure he will be at all. He's a money-printing machine. With the dust settled and the title situations sorted, this feels like a great opportunity to simply write him out for that eight-month period and re-assess down the line. Time heals most wounds. It can probably heal this one, too. So, unless the divided locker room truly doesn't ever want him back, and are making that known to Khan, it feels like an extended absence here could be a real silver lining.