• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

I could definitely see Odegaard on the wing alongside ESR and Saka, with Pepe rotating in. Probably still stick with the 4-2-3-1 with Xhaka, Partey, and Sambi rotating in the 2 DMs. It just makes me wonder where Aubameyang fits in? He works best on the LW cutting inside, while Laca is our only true #9.

I have no clue how Christiano Ronaldo fits into the current Manchester United team, but I'm at least excited to see it happen. This window has been nuts.

G: DeGea

D: Shaw-Maguire-Varane-Wan Bissaka

DM: Either McTominay/Fred/Matic

M: Pogba-Fernandez

A: Sancho-Cavani-Ronaldo

Greenwood (will get plenty of games)

Martial (not good enough)

Rashford (injured and out of form)

Van Der Beek (nobody likes him, but then you can’t trust the Dutch)

James (terrible, was never gonna be Ryan Giggs)

Lindelof (should have stuck to hockey)

Tello (thanks for giving Shaw a kick up the ass)

Etc.

Looks pretty good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are just so many different cups, competitions, etc that everyone has plenty of time to play in. To be honest, I’d rather have Kane instead of Ronaldo.

I mean obviously, who wouldn’t, but Ronaldo isn’t costing $160+M. Plus, Ronaldo has been there, done it, and won everything. Kane has played in 3 finals and a WC semi-final and done precisely fuck all.

I think this is win win. Gives them a huge chance at the title.

I will never understand the Van De Beek signing. Was really well regarded coming out of Ajax like so many other stars. 35mil pound transfer. Rides the bench and is rarely used as a sub. Can't get in the squad ahead of Pogba, Fred, Matic, McTominay.

Ronaldo for 15mil euros plus 8 mil addons is some tidy business for immediate impact.

I will never understand the Van De Beek signing. Was really well regarded coming out of Ajax like so many other stars. 35mil pound transfer. Rides the bench and is rarely used as a sub. Can't get in the squad ahead of Pogba, Fred, Matic, McTominay.

Ronaldo for 15mil euros plus 8 mil addons is some tidy business for immediate impact.

How he doesn’t get a game ahead of Fred baffles me but anyway. Think this was a case where management signed him rather than Ole asking for him. Hence why he never plays as Ole didn’t want him in the first place and doesn’t think he fits in their system, especially ahead of Pogba and Fernandez. The only player this team needs now is a DM like Rice or Phillips (my choice). Somebody to be their Kante game in game out.

The rumors are that this makes perfect sense for both United and Ronaldo. He agrees to two years but stays one and goes to the MLS, leaving them room for Haaland

Haaland would be my choice over Kane. Not that Haaland is necessarily better, I just think he would be a better fit with the way they play. But if that pans out it’s a bright future for sure.

Watching Ronaldo at BMO field in March is gonna be a good laugh in a few years lol.

Haaland would be my choice over Kane. Not that Haaland is necessarily better, I just think he would be a better fit with the way they play. But if that pans out it’s a bright future for sure.

Watching Ronaldo at BMO field in March is gonna be a good laugh in a few years lol.

Haaland is such a natural fit because of Ole and he fits United’s mentality, but I sometimes wonder if the Keane/ Haaland sr incident would make his son never want to play for us.

Haaland is such a natural fit because of Ole and he fits United’s mentality, but I sometimes wonder if the Keane/ Haaland sr incident would make his son never want to play for us.

Yeah that’s true, and his dad played for City. But that was a long time ago tbf, and it’s not like Keane is involved with United these days.

Looks like some moves happening for fringe players. Daniel James to Leeds, Reiss Nelson to Feyenoord after the Amad Diallo deal collapsed due to injury. Ainsley Maitland-Niles pleading on instagram to be on a team that wants him signals the clusterfuck that is Arsenal right now, since he can outperform both Cedric and Chambers. Willian going to Corinthians thank the lord.

Spurs strengthening RB by purchasing Emerson from Barcelona for 30mil euros, hopefully Barca can use some of that to purchase Bellerin. The Emerson one confuses me since Barca bought him on July 1st? Am I missing something aside from the fact they need to clear out salary badly? At a profit too because it cost them ~10mil euros to acquire him from Betis. Buyback clause?

Looks like some moves happening for fringe players. Daniel James to Leeds, Reiss Nelson to Feyenoord after the Amad Diallo deal collapsed due to injury. Ainsley Maitland-Niles pleading on instagram to be on a team that wants him signals the clusterfuck that is Arsenal right now, since he can outperform both Cedric and Chambers. Willian going to Corinthians thank the lord.

Spurs strengthening RB by purchasing Emerson from Barcelona for 30mil euros, hopefully Barca can use some of that to purchase Bellerin. The Emerson one confuses me since Barca bought him on July 1st? Am I missing something aside from the fact they need to clear out salary badly? At a profit too because it cost them ~10mil euros to acquire him from Betis. Buyback clause?

The Guardian said he was on loan at Betis from Barcelona, so maybe that is why. I believe sometimes loans can involve a fee even though they aren’t being purchased, but don’t really know the intricacies of how it all works to be honest.

The Guardian said he was on loan at Betis from Barcelona, so maybe that is why. I believe sometimes loans can involve a fee even though they aren’t being purchased, but don’t really know the intricacies of how it all works to be honest.

As far as I know, loans are just farming the player out while you still pay wages and sometimes gives the new club an option to buy.

Gotta love Wikipedia…

“On 31 January 2019, Atl?tico announced the transfer of Royal to Barcelona, effective as of July 2019, for ?12.7 million.[9] The deal consisted of a joint financial operation between Barcelona and fellow La Liga side Real Betis, in which each club paid half of the transfer fee and retained a percentage of Emerson's economic rights. He was to become a Betis player in July 2019, with Barcelona holding the option of reacquiring him for ?6 million in 2021”

There’s our answer chaps. Joint ownership with an option to buy. Italian clubs do A LOT of this, don’t really see it in the UK other than perhaps clubs with affiliates (i.e. Watford and Udinese/Grenada comes to mind, Man City and one of their empire etc.). I was mistaken.

Haaland also has a release clause of like 75-80mil Euros that starts next year. Bargain compared to what’s getting thrown around on Kane and Mbappe

We don’t talk about Arsenal anymore. My hopes for the season lay with AFC Richmond. Go Greyhounds!

Yep. Pretty much.

Forget Aubameyang. We've got Jaime Fuckin Tartt.

Jean-Pierre Adams, an ex-soccer player in France, has died after being in a coma for 39 years. He was 73.

March 1982, Adams had an operation on a damaged tendon in his knee. But at the time his surgery was scheduled, the hospital staff was on strike and he was being cared for by an anesthesiologist with seven other patients and a trainee who was out of their depth, per CNN.

Among "numerous errors," according to the BBC and CNN, Adams was intubated incorrectly during the procedure, as one tube blocked the path to his lungs, which led him to suffer a cardiac arrest and brain damage.

He had been cared for at his home in France for decades after going into a coma.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/39-years-coma-former-soccer-154512461.html